The way how #FREEBRITNEY almost started in 2011...

Stannedforever

Looking back her court records; there's 5 court dates from 2011 about unsealing the court documents

Spoiler

08/01/2011 Notice (NOTICE RE: CHANGE OF HEARING DATE AND TIME ON BRAND SENSE PARTNERS LLC'S MOTION TO UNSEAL DOCUMENTS AND SET ASIDE ORDERS OF MAY 25 AND JUNE 7, 2011 Filed By: Brand Sense Partners, LLC, Petitioner Repres By: Miller, Louis R., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/02/2011 Notice (NOTICE OF ENTRY OF ORDER ON CONTINUING HEARING ON BRAND SENSE'S MOTION TO UNSEAL DOCUMENTS AND SET ASIDE ORDERS OF MAY 25, 2011 AND JUNE 7, 2011, TO AUGUST 30, 2011 Filed By: Spears, James P., Petitioner Repres By: Wyle, Geraldine A., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Repres By: Cohen, Jeryll S., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Wallet, Andrew M., Petitioner )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/17/2011 Miscellaneous Document (APPENDIX OF OUT OF STATE AUTHORI- TIES FILED IN SUPPOORT OF CO-CON- SERVATORS' OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO UNSEAL DOCUMENTS..... Filed By: Spears, James P., Petitioner Repres By: Wyle, Geraldine A., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Repres By: Cohen, Jeryll S., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Wallet, Andrew M., Petitioner )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/17/2011 Opposition (CO-CONSERVATOR'S OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO UNSEAL DOCUMENTS.... Filed By: Spears, James P., Petitioner Repres By: Wyle, Geraldine A., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Repres By: Cohen, Jeryll S., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner Filed By: Wallet, Andrew M., Petitioner )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/23/2011 Response (BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO UNSEAL DOCUMENTS, ETC. Filed By: Brand Sense Partners, LLC, Petitioner Repres By: Miller, Louis R., Esq., Attorney for Petitioner )

This wasn't of course left unnoticed by some fans, here's exhale thread from 2011 (You can see it yourself by clicking this link)

2011.png

This makes me think that Britney really tried to fought back since 2008. I wish we knew. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Btw here's exhalers thoughts about conservatorship from 2008 

Spoiler

2008.png

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't on Exhale back then, but I used to hear the news, or even read them from BH's main page.

To me it always seemed like the conservatorship wasn't anything more than an excuse to protect Britney from all these lawsuits, so it "made sense" to keep everything private. Was it legal or morally correct? Probably not, they were most likely stretching the law, but hey, it's all to help Britney (that's what I used to think about the conservatorship back then :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: )

I had no idea about Lou Taylor, or Tri Star, or what even was a conservatorship to begin with, like, in legal terms what it represents for the conservatee and their rights, because that concept just doesn't exist where I'm from, or if it does it's very unheard of. The closest we have is like people becoming tutors or guardians of orphan kids, usually relatives, which is different than actually adopting them (or so I believe), but for adult people, that concept just doesn't exist.

About your post, I don't think FreeBritney would've started earlier. Brand Sense was asking that, if I'm not mistaken, because of the lawsuit, so what they wanted to prove is that Britney was capable of speaking on court. I doubt they had any intentions or interest to help her get free. They only wanted her to testify. Also, even if they were made public, who was checking for court documents back then besides TMZ?

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

About your post, I don't think FreeBritney would've started earlier. Brand Sense was asking that, if I'm not mistaken, because of the lawsuit, so what they wanted to prove is that Britney was capable of speaking on court. I doubt they had any intentions or interest to help her get free. They only wanted her to testify. Also, even if they were made public, who was checking for court documents back then besides TMZ?

Well yeah, social media wasn't as powerful back then, although of course twitter and facebook were popular. The public opinion about Britney was that she was mentally incapable even if she was working every single day  and people used to think her father indeed was some kind of "savior". The manipulation was real.   :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

You're probably right about only TMZ caring about her court documents but I wish they would have made them public sooner because I really believe there is a lot to uncover from 2011 to 2020. :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

Ah, Jordan Ross, aka the original #freebritney legend. His freebritney.com was the best in 2011. Exposing the c-ship and Lou way before anyone else and back when many people here defended the conservatorship. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed: Kinda sad that it had to take 10 years to finally make people realise how ****ed up this is.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I wasn't on Exhale back then, but I used to hear the news, or even read them from BH's main page.

To me it always seemed like the conservatorship wasn't anything more than an excuse to protect Britney from all these lawsuits, so it "made sense" to keep everything private. Was it legal or morally correct? Probably not, they were most likely stretching the law, but hey, it's all to help Britney (that's what I used to think about the conservatorship back then :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: )

I had no idea about Lou Taylor, or Tri Star, or what even was a conservatorship to begin with, like, in legal terms what it represents for the conservatee and their rights, because that concept just doesn't exist where I'm from, or if it does it's very unheard of. The closest we have is like people becoming tutors or guardians of orphan kids, usually relatives, which is different than actually adopting them (or so I believe), but for adult people, that concept just doesn't exist.

This!!! I always felt the conservatorship was very strange when I would read more about it, but i thought it was protecting her against lawsuits and stuff involving Sam Lutfi and what not. “Stretching the law” is the best way to put it. If anything I was always scared that Britney could get in trouble because when I read what a conservatorship was the entire situation felt so off. It didn’t make sense. 

I remember when I started dating my boyfriend he asked why I liked Britney so much. So I told him her story and didn’t spare any details. He thought the conservatorship was weird, even though he didn’t really know what it was. I think I explained it like, “her dad is basically in charge of her. He oversees everything she does. Any decision she makes she has to check with him first” and he was like “but why?” And I wasn’t sure how to answer that. I wasn’t as well informed. This was 2016.

The night the FreeBritney podcast came out it was all over my Twitter. Stan accounts, my close friends being like “girl what is this”, and my uncle, a Britney stan, texting me the conservatorship is finally being exposed. It just made sense that night. It was just one of those things you knew was shady but didn’t question. Everything just finally clicked

22 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

This!!! I always felt the conservatorship was very strange when I would read more about it, but i thought it was protecting her against lawsuits and stuff involving Sam Lutfi and what not. “Stretching the law” is the best way to put it. If anything I was always scared that Britney could get in trouble because when I read what a conservatorship was the entire situation felt so off. It didn’t make sense. 

I remember when I started dating my boyfriend he asked why I liked Britney so much. So I told him her story and didn’t spare any details. He thought the conservatorship was weird, even though he didn’t really know what it was. I think I explained it like, “her dad is basically in charge of her. He oversees everything she does. Any decision she makes she has to check with him first” and he was like “but why?” And I wasn’t sure how to answer that. I wasn’t as well informed. This was 2016.

The night the FreeBritney podcast came out it was all over my Twitter. Stan accounts, my close friends being like “girl what is this”, and my uncle, a Britney stan, texting me the conservatorship is finally being exposed. It just made sense that night. It was just one of those things you knew was shady but didn’t question. Everything just finally clicked

I remember the Sam Lutfi thing being such a popular theory back then, even in early 2019 still. I feel like her team was the one that actually tried to push that theory too :clownery_makeup_meme:

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: I also always felt like the conservatorship was weird and unnecessary, especially after 2012 when Femme Fataleney was history. Me and many many others thought that the conservatorship would end some day, even if no one talked about it. 

And YES the feeling when the podcast dropped, and suddenly everything made sense :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: The amount of gaslighting that we as a fanbase got from team con is probably the sole reason why #FREEBRITNEY didn't start in 2008 already. They knew what they were doing.

3 hours ago, marioh said:

Ah, Jordan Ross, aka the original #freebritney legend. His freebritney.com was the best in 2011. Exposing the c-ship and Lou way before anyone else and back when many people here defended the conservatorship. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed: Kinda sad that it had to take 10 years to finally make people realise how ****ed up this is.

Where is he now? Did he give up? :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

6 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I remember the Sam Lutfi thing being such a popular theory back then, even in early 2019 still. I feel like her team was the one that actually tried to push that theory too :clownery_makeup_meme:

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: I also always felt like the conservatorship was weird and unnecessary, especially after 2012 when Femme Fataleney was history. Me and many many others thought that the conservatorship would end some day, even if no one talked about it. 

And YES the feeling when the podcast dropped, and suddenly everything made sense :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: The amount of gaslighting that we as a fanbase got from team con is probably the sole reason why #FREEBRITNEY didn't start in 2008 already. They knew what they were doing.

To me it stopped making sense in 2016 when she was forced to go to court to face Sam Lutfi over that lawsuit.

I was like, what is the point of the conservatorship still existing then? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Also, she was looking better than ever in 2016 and we had rumors they had stopped the medication and that even her father was seeking to terminate the conservatorship. She even went on to talk about it at the Jonathan Ross show, so it all was really pointing out to it getting dissolved. But then 2017 happened, and we started to see this decline in her performances, more anxiety, etc, until we ended up with the Domination cancellation and everything that has happened since 2019. 

The conservatorship has always been a subject of suspicion all the way through on exhale. We all knew it was what was preventing her saying what she wanted and how her kids had been used to make her submit . It blew up in 2016 on here when she spoke about it on Jonathan Ross (to then be edited out of the taping). It's weird because everyone knew it was a messed up situation but she had some real good moments throughout the years that gaslighted us and made us believe she was doing great. 

Archived