Lynne Spears claims Britney's relationship with Jamie is toxic and she believes it is time to start fresh

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

37 minutes ago, Puppy said:

She’s always blaming people in the book, l lost so much respect for her as she victimizes herself a lot. While I do feel for her when they get in fights, she would say that Britney would cheer her up after a fight by entertaining her to make her smile. I finished the book feeling more sorry for Britney than ever as when she gets to the cship, she praises Jamie and that he is more fitting on that role than her. Again always not taking responsibility but just sits on the sidelines and still is. She finally did something but like that’s very minimal effort especially since it’s taken 13 years to do so and the most is her just sitting in on these hearings, she even admits in her book she has no backbone so even when your daughter is in danger, you still wouldn’t fight tooth and nail for her? 

Did you read the chapter where she basically snuck into Britney's LA neighborhood to help save her from Sam Lufti? That was fighting tooth and nail for her daughter. If her family didn't save her from him, who knows where she would be. People forget just how bad Britney's life was in the months leading up to the c-ship. It sounded really crazy and so messed up.

I don't understand why she's still in a c-ship after all these years but one of the reasons it was set up in the first place was to protect her from people like Sam Lufti. It's not fair to say Britney's mom is a terrible mom and has never tried to help her through her struggles.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Not gonna be too hard on her, but she definitely did abandon Britney when she needed her the most. If I knew my husband is abusive and has huge anger and controlling issues, I would definitely think twice before handing absolute control over my child to him...

But then again, fear is an extremely strong factor. I have no doubts Jamie has beat Lynn countless of times. She was perhaps extremely scared to stand up to him, probably fearing Britney would go through even worse because of that as well. It is really difficult to speculate on these things because we really do know only 10% of whats happening behind the curtain.

Either way, I hope Lynn is honest with this, thats all. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Did you read the chapter where she basically snuck into Britney's LA neighborhood to help save her from Sam Lufti? That was fighting tooth and nail for her daughter. If her family didn't save her from him, who knows where she would be. People forget just how bad Britney's life was in the months leading up to the c-ship. It sounded really crazy and so messed up.

I don't understand why she's still in a c-ship after all these years but one of the reasons it was set up in the first place was to protect her from people like Sam Lufti. It's not fair to say Britney's mom is a terrible mom and has never tried to help her through her struggles.

But how did she help with her struggles while being in conservatorship? Conservatorship is not good or bad per se. Britney's is bad. It is based in controlling her, not for her well-being but for them to keep their lavish lifestyle. Britney has cried for help one too many times until she couldn't anymore. And if we know that now, imagine how well her family knows how she feels about it.

So, what did she exactly do all along? She posted some cryptic posts and liked some things on insta?  Her support is evident with her lawyers after 12 years. She can't just have realised now that britney is not happy about it.

Don't get me wrong, i never doubted her skills as mother because quite frankly now this is irrelevant. All I'm saying is that she didn't really fighting tooth and nail, maybe she did when it was convenient or related to anyone outside her family ruling out that even her family is part of the problem.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

But how did she help with her struggles while being in conservatorship? Conservatorship is not good or bad per se. Britney's is bad. It is based in controlling her, not for her well-being but for them to keep their lavish lifestyle. Britney has cried for help one too many times until she couldn't anymore. And if we know that now, imagine how well her family knows how she feels about it.

So, what did she exactly do all along? She posted some cryptic posts and liked some things on insta?  Her support is evident with her lawyers after 12 years. She can't just have realised now that britney is not happy about it.

Don't get me wrong, i never doubted her skills as mother because quite frankly now this is irrelevant. All I'm saying is that she didn't really fighting tooth and nail, maybe she did when it was convenient or related to anyone outside her family ruling out that even her family is part of the problem.

To be honest we don't know what all she has or hasn't done since the c-ship. Not everything is public or on record. We don't know either way. I just don't know if I believe that this whole c-ship is to make her parents money...

According to an article I read, Jamie only makes $130k a year for being in charge of it. That's really not that much money, especially for both him and Lynne. They could easily make more than that on their own. Again, we just don't know the details of why the judge keeps approving of the c-ship year after year.

We don't know the details of Britney's mental health issues and where she would be if she was never put under a c-ship in the first place. I wouldn't think it would need to last this long but obviously she was in trouble and I do think it saved her life at one point. Her parents were trying to do the right thing at that time.

2 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

To be honest we don't know what all she has or hasn't done since the c-ship. Not everything is public or on record. We don't know either way. I just don't know if I believe that this whole c-ship is to make her parents money...

According to an article I read, Jamie only makes $130k a year for being in charge of it. That's really not that much money, especially for both him and Lynne. They could easily make more than that on their own. Again, we just don't know the details of why the judge keeps approving of the c-ship year after year.

We don't know the details of Britney's mental health issues and where she would be if she was never put under a c-ship in the first place. I wouldn't think it would need to last this long but obviously she was in trouble and I do think it saved her life at one point. Her parents were trying to do the right thing at that time.

Nobody said conservatorship is a bad choice per se. Perhaps you didn't get my point. My point and the whole #freebritney point is to free her from an abusive conservatorship. If needed they should change its form. Nobody asks to be cancelled if its needed for her. It should just aim to her well being , which seems to be with jaimie out of the picture, as Ingham/ Britney say.

As for their ability to have more money on their own I'm not going to say anything cuz it's unreal. Lol Jaimie went bankrupt one too many times.

5 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

Nobody said conservatorship is a bad choice per se. Perhaps you didn't get my point. My point and the whole #freebritney point is to free her from an abusive conservatorship. If needed they should change its form. Nobody asks to be cancelled if its needed for her. It should just aim to her well being , which seems to be with jaimie out of the picture, as Ingham/ Britney say.

As for their ability to have more money on their own I'm not going to say anything cuz it's unreal. Lol Jaimie went bankrupt one too many times.

Oh I definitely want Britney to get what she wants and like you said, if she still needs to be in a c-ship then I hope it's at least how she'd prefer it. My point was that everyone here trashes her whole family all the time but we don't know what all they've done to help (or haven't). 

But yeah I do think they could easily make $130k/year on their own, even just bc of their last name and relation to Britney. They're not average Joe's. And his bankruptcy was before Britney was famous wasn't it? Either way, like I said $130k/year for two people is not that much at all. It's not like it affords them a lavish lifestyle - they could make more than that on their own. We don't know details about their finances either and other ways they make or don't make money.

That's my biggest point is that we really don't know the details of this family or the conservatorship. We can get bits and pieces from the news and some court docs but we don't have all the information and probably never will. A lot of it is speculation. I don't think her mom is as bad as people make her out to be.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

No because she got Britney in this mess, and plus her background isn't that innocent I mean she even admitted in her book she always dreamt of being in the spotlight but was too scared to pursue it. She's a stage mom that tried to live through her daughter and she even said in the book she didn't want to go on Britney's first world tour because she felt homesick and missed her teaching job even though Britney really needed her support, Fe is not an equal replacement. I don't doubt she loves Britney but she was the one that introduced Lou into the family. Both parents are irresponsible and bad parents, why else would Britney want to be a good mom to her kids so bad? she never had it growing up. Lynne is the lesser evil of the two but she ain't no saint. Also Lou Taylor had a hand in that book so of course that section would be dramatized compared to her many exclaimation marks in every other sentence in the early chapters. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, ElenaB said:

Jamie was an alcoholic who abused his wife. That obviously affected both Bryan and Britney, JL was not even born yet.

I found interesting to read about how Britney had to spend a lot of time alone, being so young and starting in the music business. Lynne was always with JL and Britney went to Sweden to record the Baby album by herself. Lynne keeps saying she had to take care of JL but wasn’t Jamie at home? Why didn’t he do that? Maybe because he never took care of anything?

anyway. there are a lot of other interesting things that i read about, like Sam Lufti’s role in 07 and more. i think you guys should read it if u can!

That's what made me angry, it wasn't like JL was an infant that needed breastfeeding. She was practically a grown child and the three had stayed in NY when Britney was doing Ruthless, so it's not like Lynne HAD to take care of JL. Yet she justifies that and abandons Britney to fend for herself in the industry, a loving parent would want to be by their kids side and she was for all the pageants, talent shows, etc so why isn't this any different? The stages documentary you can see she really wanted her mom's support and she was trying to hold it together for the camera. Bryan was also present and he babysat JL, I just think she was making excuses because it got too much for her and she wanted to return back to her comfort zone, normally any mom would be protective and want to go along  since their child is going out to the world but nope.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Puppy said:

That's what made me angry, it wasn't like JL was an infant that needed breastfeeding. She was practically a grown child and the three had stayed in NY when Britney was doing Ruthless, so it's not like Lynne HAD to take care of JL. Yet she justifies that and abandons Britney to fend for herself in the industry, a loving parent would want to be by their kids side and she was for all the pageants, talent shows, etc so why isn't this any different? The stages documentary you can see she really wanted her mom's support and she was trying to hold it together for the camera. Bryan was also present and he babysat JL, I just think she was making excuses because it got too much for her and she wanted to return back to her comfort zone, normally any mom would be protective and want to go along  since their child is going out to the world but nope.  

after reading the book Stages feels heartbreaking. Britney was exhausted and was going through a hard break up. She needed her mom.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Lurker93 said:

once again, agreed!

Her own family set her up for failure from the start.  Why care for her mental health while she was bringing big coins? She tried to rebel, cut their funds out and live her life on her own terms and voilà: 12 years of conservatorship and going, with the consent and agreement of every close relative of hers.

There’s no excuse in there. Being herself the victim of abuse at James’ hands, as some have stated in this topic, why the **** would she allow her own daughter to suffer the same at the hands of the same person? Why idly watch by for over a decade this going on? She was the closest parent to Britney, who for years made clear was not on the best terms with Jamie. She knew Jamie was abusive, struggled with substance abuse, was not at all qualified for such a role, yet she relinquished all control over her daughter’s life without hesitation, and stayed silent on the corner for years before the public took the lead in fighting it, before herself.

I’m very sorry to hear she was a victim to Jamie’s abuses, but she won’t get a pass (from me) for stepping out of the way so willingly and allowing a decade of misery in her own daughter’s life because it was easier or more comfortable.

Everyone got the chance of moving on but Britney. Her youth, her money, her artistry, her health, her time with her kids during their childhood and so MUCH MORE was was taken from her and there’s no do over for that. 

Exactly. Why anyone would want Britney to try to get better on her own if the cship gives them so much control over her, her career and fortune? Look how Bryan tried to justify the cship saying shes the worst drive in the world and cant make reservations :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: they love the control they have over her and shes treated like an ill child that the only good thing shes good at is making millions she cant even control and spend. I bet JL, Bryan and Jamie all feel better about their pathetic selves and careers with Britney being treated like that. Lynne is a stage mom that lived thru Britneys accomplishments and is too weak (and selfish maybe) to do anything. She is too comfortable living far from Britney being a glorified nanny to Junos kids while she still gets money from the cship. 

any normal and good family would want Britney to grow from her mistakes, to live how she pleases and be happy. 

I know Britney wasnt ok, but is she now? After 12 ******* years of a cship, does she look better than she was in 2007 or 2008? If shes still struggling, it doesnt mean she needs a cship, but that the cship failed. 

Britney was pushing them in 2007 and coincidence or not, it was when they all started to plan the cship for months. They all did mistakes in the past, but the rich one is the one who cant move on from her mistakes and be free. Jamie made so many mistakes but he was able to try to get better and be in charge of Britneys personal life, even tho he still keeps failing and ruining her life. Britney was the one who really pushed Jamie away and wasnt ok with his ****ed up attitude and look at her now, with all the relatives doing nothing to help her. 

and its so funny that they all pretend to care about her mental state (even tho they all live far away from her), but no one was ever worried with her working hard and on the spotlight again? They cant have both ways. She cant be that unstable that she needs to be under a cship for people that cant provide for themselves, yet Britney worked quite a lot for 10 years and not only provide for herself, but for many others as well. 

and exactly like u said. Not only Lynne allowed someone abusive that never got along with Britney to be in charge of her life and fortune, she also sat back and did nothing to help Britney in +12 years. If it was the case that she tried to help Britney bts, why she didnt expose Jamie when he still wasnt doing what she felt he needed to do so Britney would be better? She never filed for the cship to end either. Shes still not saying this cship has to end. Shes just saying she wants Britney to have brighter days :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: shes playing both sides. Its obvious shes pro cship but she thinks that If maybe Jamie is out of the picture, Britney will be back to work and all will be "fine" again for herself! And exactly like u said, fans and gp were first fighting for Britney before her own mother! Do u remember that video where shes talking about FreeBritney and she seems far from being content? 

u know why she doesnt get a pass from me too even tho Jamie was abusive to her too? Bc she knows he was abusive to his family and Britney never had a good relationship with him! When she wrote her book, she talked a lot about her failed marriage bc Jamie was such a mess. She talked about how his ****ed up relationship with Britney influenced how she clinged on her first love. She praised him as being a conservator and that Britney needed someone tougher, even tho this person abused her for years and she was months without talking to him before he planned the cship behind her back. Even tho this person trashed her publicly when she was already being mocked by the entire world. She called the cship an impossible dream and how they prayed so God could lead them. She was complicit in 2007/2008 and was for many years to come. She knows Jamie was/is abusive but she chooses to hang out with Jamie, but does Britney have this choice to cut Jamie out of her life? Imo they all failed Britney and if she ever gets free, she should get a restraining order against every single one of them. Let them work for their own money, let they struggle. I hope Britney realizes she has been treated like a racehorse by all the family. 

did JL got a cship after letting her daughter drive an ATV after she almost died bc of one? Did she was call crazy and unfit to be on her own after she threatned strangers with a knife? 

The money isnt even the most important thing when we think that Britney lost +12 years of her life, her best years, so much from her kids lives, her freedom to grow as a person and as an artist, to have a social life and friends. And i wont even talk about her mental health. Its also sad that someone who has worked since she was a child and always helped her family, lives with 12k a year for personal spending and her lawyer has to ask beforehand whats the fund so she can plan her next trip while Jamie throws 500k at Lou while Britney isnt even working, not to mention the 300k Lou spent to sue fans bc they were rightfully so bashing her. 

Honestly, my feelings about Lynne and what I believe should have happened (or not happened) at her hands is not important anymore.  What is is that she is CURRENTLY standing up for Britney and doing what she knows should be done.  I am but a pair of eyes on the outside looking in and if we've learned anything from Britney and those around her it's that nothing appears as it seems so who knows the fight that was happening beforehand.  If we go on the attack of what should have been we stop being in the moment and making things better NOW!  We can't change the past but we sure in the hell can make sure Britney no longer has to live in it!!!  So, that aside here's to hoping things are going in the positive, powerful, and right way for Britney and those around her.

Do your thing Lynne. 

17 hours ago, Bundy said:

I agree that she was abused too, but back in 2007-2008 when she was writing her book, she acknowledged a lot of Jamies problems and what he put the family thru with his ****ty attitude and drinking problems. She talked about leaving him, but not having the strength to - also she was afraid how she would do financially with 3 kids. Christina Aguilera's mother endured a lot of abuse from Christinas dad but she left him and went to live with her mom. I know its easier said than done, but if Lynne really wanted to leave him, she could have asked help from Sandra, her mother and so on. She knew the whole thing was toxic, she said he never had a good relationship with Britney, so how did she allow the cship to happen? She knew Jamie and Lou were planning it for weeks at least. She allowed Britney to endure abuse as a kid, as a teenager and then as a 26 years old mother of two. She praised him as a conservator bc he was tougher... These were her exact words. She said she would give in a lot, so she agreed that Jamie should be the conservator bc he would be harder on Britney. Of course she knew hed make things even more uptight between him and Britney. Lynne divorced him, yet she still wanted him around. She still hangs out with him today. It is/was her choice, but not Britneys. Britney was months without talking to Jamie before he went behind her back to put her under a cship for life. If she had any good intentions, why didnt she contest when hed make the cship permanent? Its curious to note that before the cship, she admitted herself that she and Britney were estranged for 7 months! I wonder if Britney wasnt giving them (so much) money anymore. She complained back then about being invited to dinners only to pay for everything later. 

https://www.celebsnow.co.uk/latest-celebrity-news/lynne-spears-britney-was-so-hurt-by-justin-timberlake-224792

Did she really think about Britney first? Or she thought how would be easier for Jamie and her to control Britney and her fortune once she had no rights anymore? If she thought about Britney, she wouldnt have allowed Britney to work right after being placed under a cship. She sat back all these years and enjoyed the cships money while she was more worried about being a glorified nanny to Junos kids and selling her ****ty skin products with her gfs. Its such a coincidence that she only started with these baby steps after FreeBritney was born. Its also worth to mention that at least until some months ago, she was still getting money from the cship. 

Sorry, I dont trust her. Yeah, of course I dont think she as bad as Jamie, but she was complicit all these years. Shes still not calling the whole cship out, shes still not defending Britney publicly, saying she isnt crazy and doesnt need a cship. If she wanted, she could really call Jamie out bc I bet she has a lot of evidences of abuse all these years. 

She knew Britney being under a cship, she couldnt even fight for her kids custodies anymore. Jayden and Preston were only 1 and 2 years old in early 2008. She was still hanging out with Jamie like nothing had happened after he got a restraining order forbidding him to get near them for 3 years!!! What did she do since late 2018 when Britney had the time with her kids reduced? It didnt seem like she was losing sleep over Britney missing so much of her kids lives while Lynne was always with Junos daughters :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

She did nothing and agreed with Jamie having so much power over Britneys life, career and fortune for almost 13 years now. If she talked about Jamies ****ty past is bc she knows he has problems. If she put Britney first for once, she wouldnt want Britney to be controlled by him and to suffer like she did in the past. She was ok with Jamie hurting Britney like he did hurt her when they were married. 

They all accept Jamies **** maybe bc they have a ***ist mentality thinking hes the man of the house and Britney was the one who never accepted 100% and shes paying forever bc of that. I dont think anyone really cares about Britneys feelings but they all are free benefitting from the cship itself. I mean, its not them being controlled and abused by Jamie for 13 years without rights to kick his *** out, right? So **** Britney! 

They all made mistakes in the past and could move on from them, why cant Britney? Maybe its bc she has an empire they all feel entitiled to? Funny that Jamie and Jamie Lynn never seemed that stable, yet they can live free to make more mistakes. Maybe bc they are both failure losers? 

I will believe in Lynne when she calls the whole cship out, If she had the guts to call Lou and Larry out how Lindsay Lohans dad did when they tried to put lindsay under a cship too. If she defended Britney from trolls saying shes not crazy and doesnt control her instagram. If she said smt like "this cship hasnt been good for Britney mentally. She has been abused, this has to end. If she can work, she can manage her life and learn how to be an adult".

Imo shes trying to save her face bc she cares about her public image while shes still barely doing anything that will have an impact in favor of Britney. 

Will you folks stop acting.like her mom has done nothing

21 hours ago, ElenaB said:

Lynne knew from the start what kind of person Jamie is. Just finished reading her book and all the things that happened before Britney was born and even when she was little are just disgusting. I still don’t get how she allowed him to be in control of the cship. Maybe she still suffers from the trauma that is being in an abusive relationship, idk. 

Jamie did save Britney’s live at one point.  We can’t forget that.  Maybe his  time to have her under his care should be over, but there was a time where he made a big difference for the better in her life (and career).

1 minute ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Jamie did save Britney’s live at one point.  We can’t forget that.  Maybe his  time to have her under his care should be over, but there was a time where he made a big difference for the better in her life (and career).

Britney needed help, that’s for sure. I just don’t think Jaime, an alcoholic and an allegedly abusive husband, who had a complicated relationship with his daughter, was the right person to be in charge. I think Britney would have been much happier if someone else had taken control of the situation back then. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Will you folks stop acting.like her mom has done nothing

Is she publicly defending Britney from trolls and negative press? She did ever say "Britney doesnt need a cship, it has to end, its not doing good for her"? At this point im not even asking for her to drag Jamie, but she defended JL in a heartbeat for much less. Did she stop hanging out with Jamie like its no biggie whats happening on court? Did she stop taking money from the cship? Did she stop being friendly with Lou and stop following her on Instagram? Did she ever move out to Los Angeles to be closer to Britney and really support her? Did she ever show smt on court that could help Britney to get out of this nightmare and push Jamie out of her life for good? Did she ever say anything more than their relationship is toxic?

Did she ever file for the cship to end? 

Shes publicly supporting Britney now after 12 years, but Im sorry if all she does still seems like baby steps that wont really change anything for most of us. If u think what shes doing is enough, to each their own I guess. 

10 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

Britney needed help, that’s for sure. I just don’t think Jaime, an alcoholic and an allegedly abusive husband, who had a complicated relationship with his daughter, was the right person to be in charge. I think Britney would have been much happier if someone else had taken control of the situation back then. 

I also think there were other options to help Britney that wouldnt take her rights away and silent her, but of course this is what they wanted. If they were so worried about her, they wouldnt have pushed her to the spotlight right away and made her work. They would have protected her from the media, they would have give her a 1 year off, but they were more worried to clean her image so she could make big bucks again. They used her kids and the false promise that the cship would end, so she could work for them. 

20 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Britney herself would say otherwise 

This FRAUDULENT conservatorship is based in lies and deceit 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Is she publicly defending Britney from trolls and negative press? She did ever say "Britney doesnt need a cship, it has to end, its not doing good for her"? At this point im not even asking for her to drag Jamie, but she defended JL in a heartbeat for much less. Did she stop hanging out with Jamie like its no biggie whats happening on court? Did she stop taking money from the cship? Did she stop being friendly with Lou and stop following her on Instagram? Did she ever move out to Los Angeles to be closer to Britney and really support her? Did she ever show smt on court that could help Britney to get out of this nightmare and push Jamie out of her life for good? Did she ever say anything more than their relationship is toxic?

Did she ever file for the cship to end? 

Shes publicly supporting Britney now after 12 years, but Im sorry if all she does still seems like baby steps that wont really change anything for most of us. If u think what shes doing is enough, to each their own I guess. 

Shes been helping Britney since last year 

Tou folks speak like thinngs are just simple and easy