Simple Decision In A Song That You Find So Compelling

ALBAVEASP

The grandiose production and/or controversial lyrical content are not the only ways to make a certain song memorable. Sometimes, it takes meticulous listening to noticed the slightest and simplest yet smart decision in a song, showing the artistic value and direction of the artist and producer.

Here are my examples:

Tsunami (Katy Perry)

After the first chorus, and the start of the second verse (01:20), you will hear heavy synth-drops that I found so addictive, considering the song has low-esteem dynamics. It's like a some sort of a build up.

Don't Start Now (Dua Lipa)

The opening line, "If you don't wanna see me." completely contradicts the rest of lyrics. Simple but very clever songwriting.

Sweet Melody (Little Mix)

Notice the pause between the "real – love". If you will count the number of syllables of the first and second lines in the chorus, sync with the same tempo, the second one would turn out off-tempo. But hearing the "love" pronounced like an extension or transition word for the next line really blended well, and is indeed a very wise move.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived