Sam Smith says they miss clubbing because it's how they got their exercise

• Leader

Sam Smith says one of the most difficult aspects of the pandemic to them personally is being prohibited from clubbing. Smith says that's how they got their exercise in. It's hard to know if they were joking or not.

Telling James Corden, "I miss sweaty bodies, James."

"I miss sweaty bodies against mine, I really do. I only realized recently that clubbing for me is a genuine hobby of mine. It's how I exercise.  It's something I just love to do. I miss being around people. It's weird being alone for so long."

As someone who's a fitness enthusiast, I found this intriguing. The irony of clubbing is that it's inherently unhealthy - the drinking and lack of nutrition (usually) after the night ends. Not trying to be all high and mighty, just was a but surprised at this response from them. 

Thoughts, Exhale? Is clubbing a good way to exercise? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Related:

sam-fitness.jpg.5f5a3a6713607915f7cdff9e16df591c.jpg

• Love 1

I can relate, actually :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea: 

I miss going clubbing so much. It’s so much fun, the people, the atmosphere, the music, the d#ugs, the chaos of it all. 

I don’t drink too much so I wouldn’t say it’s all that unhealthy to go clubbing for me personally. I like to get high before a night out though :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

• Love 1

Well it depends on how they are clubbing. 

If they go out have a few soft drinks, dance for a couple of hours and then go home and get enough sleep the day after that, it's not unhealthy. 

If they are drinking too much alcohol, doing ***** and dance for 6 or 7 hours straight then yes it's clearly harming their body. But if it's done from time to time I don't see whats so unhealthy about it. I don't think they have time to go out 5 times a week with their music career. 

1 hour ago, Dexwhitespears said:

Why do we keep adding they while reporting about him? Genuine question, no shade or anything maybe i'm misinformed about something. 

Because Sam said about a year ago that they identify as non-binary, so we can't use gendered pronouns when addressing them. I got perma-banned on ATRL for joking around about it, so apparently it's very serious business.

OT: I guess Sam must only go clubbing once a year then.

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Not sure if they miss clubbing or doing poppers, since they admitted they love using it. I mean, I can "understand" using it for things in the bedroom, but for clubbing it's just another thing. 

Btw, from someone which english is not the first language, using "they" seems wrong on so many levels. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: still trying to be respectful, tho. 

5 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Sam Smith says one of the most difficult aspects of the pandemic to them personally is being prohibited from clubbing. Smith says that's how they got their exercise in. It's hard to know if they were joking or not.

Telling James Corden, "I miss sweaty bodies, James."

"I miss sweaty bodies against mine, I really do. I only realized recently that clubbing for me is a genuine hobby of mine. It's how I exercise.  It's something I just love to do. I miss being around people. It's weird being alone for so long."

As someone who's a fitness enthusiast, I found this intriguing. The irony of clubbing is that it's inherently unhealthy - the drinking and lack of nutrition (usually) after the night ends. Not trying to be all high and mighty, just was a but surprised at this response from them. 

Thoughts, Exhale? Is clubbing a good way to exercise? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Related:

sam-fitness.jpg.5f5a3a6713607915f7cdff9e16df591c.jpg

Clubbing is fun, but I don’t think it’s a way to exercise... There was a time I thought It was a good way to get thin, but it was unhealthy for my body and my mind. There is nothing wrong on it if you have some control in the things you do, but I think is good to have some balance: Do some exercise, drink water, eat healthy, have a good sleep and then have some fun.

I think Adam is a little bit frivolous, you can’t call exercise to the way he have fun in the club, making it look glamorous is wrong and not a good example for young people. He should take the chance to get some good habits before we can go to clubs again, because if he likes to be on shape he will never do it drinking alcohol and doing poppers and sweaty guys won’t dance around you forever just because you had some hits...

• Love 1

Oh Sam Smith, where are you going with this statement? I like that Smith is experimenting with their music, but some times, the things that comes out of that mouth... I understand that clubbing is a void in many people's lives, but there's still a pandemic going on. Just keep dancing by yourself, and we'll get there. Don't let quarantine drive you insane, now.

How Do You Sleep GIF by Sam Smith - Find & Share on GIPHY

He strikes me as someone I could never like in person. So pretentious, annoying and clearly braindead from all the *****. He wasn’t like this before. I really think the poppers deleted his brain cells now he thinks he’s a mom who should dance in music videos and performances (whoever approved should be fired). 

I will now start identifying the poop in my toilet as Sam smith. 

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block