What do you respond when people say that Britney has no talent ?

Jamie Lynn Forever

Honestly, nothing, because people in my life know better than to ever speak this way to me :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:
but really, there's an over two decades old archive of evidence that says otherwise, Myah Marie scandals and 2007 VMA performances aside. This thread is full of great examples. Besides that, she has believable writing credits on a lot of her music (besides Bortney Jurnt), and I think there's a lot of "Britneyisms" all over her body of work that suggests a strong artistic vision behind what she's been forced to output by her father/label. 

I don't even argue from a place of like OMG BRITNEY IS THE GREATEST ARTIST OF OUR TIME. There's plenty of musicians who I think have more "raw talent" than Britney (like Nina Simone for instance IDK), but Britney Spears has/had an absolutely huge and unique star quality, and star power, that changed the face of Western music forever multiple times and that's just basically a fact :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Honestly, the people who talk about Britney as if she has been a puppet, bimbo, who re, crazy, or whatever other se xist slag are just espousing the same misogyny that mainstream media and the industry has treated Britney with for years. Its the reason her father has been allowed to literally own her since 2008.

If none of that works, there's this:

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Alexa said:

usually works :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

And if that STILL Doesn't work then, all I have left is:

2 hours ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

i'd say this person is malnutritioned

Britney has said herself being hungry makes one angry

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My older sister thinks the same about Britney that she isn't a good singer :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:  Britney is talented or she wouldn't of gotten her record deal. she has had hit after hit songs for 22 years. for a good 6-7 years she was an amazing dancer. She is the sweetest woman on earth and is simply a legend :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

at the end of the day talent is no different than judging someone on looks. Britney worked with what she got. Which is far more interesting and inspiring. Shes a vibe, shes an energy, that clearly draws in people. If she sang like susan boyle her music would not have become hits. 

• 2 months later...

I remind them that there are plenty of popular, celebrated male musicians who are not technically proficient. If it works, it works, and if you don't like the music, that's fine. But millions of people all over the world love her for a reason.

I listen to a lot of progressive metal and complex music, but that's not all that's worth listening to. Some music is meant to be simple, fun, feminine, playful, and joyful, and in my opinion, no one does that better than Britney. Two of my favorite producers she's worked with are Bloodshy & Avant and The Neptunes. I've made playlists of their entire discographies, and Britney's tracks are the best-- not because of the compositions, but because of her presence.

Like others have said, I say if she didn't have talent, she wouldn't have lasted this long. And I've been asked why doesn't she just stand there and sing, and they say it's cause she can't. I tell them she can sing, but she is also an entertainer who puts on a show. I'd watch her stand and sing cause she naturally draws you in when she is on stage.

We stans follow her every move, song, writing credit, and deep vocal ability, but those who doubt her, don't know what we know. They see her as someone who lip syncs and dances around cause that's all they think she offers. I believe Britney is at an important stage in her career that when she comes back to music, she needs to educate people on her talents that we know she has.

"Captivating is a talent in and of itself. Nonetheless, Britney is very talented and there's enough proof. She's a hard working woman and wouldn't have ever had the success if it wasn't for her own mind, talent and determination."

If they say that it's just because she's hot, then I'd go

"Britney's original appeal was girl-next-door. This appeal can be found in every city and every town. Why weren't her clones as big of successes as she was? Why was she the first teenage artist to properly transition into a mature image? The BOMT video was her idea, the Oops cat suit was her idea, the Toxic video was her idea. If anything, she channeled everything that she had properly. This kind of creativity and mindset is in and of itself a talent."

That being said, not that many people question Britney around me lol, so I sort of don't even know how I'd respond.

Maybe I'd just look in shock and then walk away

Archived