What do you respond when people say that Britney has no talent ?

Jamie Lynn Forever

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she had no talent she wouldn’t have this long lasting career with iconic moments and game changing music. She is charismatic, a great dancer and a great performer. Not only that, she’s a very good recording artist. She has her own style and the baby voice has been imitated multiple times. You don’t need a strong voice to be a good singer. 

i must also accentuate - saying that she is the most personable artist i have ever wintessed seems more like an accurate truth for me. i see it like that and i didn't even mean to exaggerate

its my truth and opinion i tell myself

the second one after her for me would be Ariana Grande (even if Ariana Grande has a s*** discography compared to Britney Spears. but Ariana is talented enough to make it shine...

Come back when she can play a piano, have soaring vocals and an extremely well brought voice only at the age of 11, sell 203 million records WW, perform with charisma and stage presence, be relevant for 2 and a half decades, write songs, win countless competitions when she was younger, try sing Luv the hurt away and Where are you now and lastly perform by her own. Stars like Beyonce need props and stage dancers, fireworks, fire and background effects but if you were to set Britney just by her own, she could still command a stage and she proved that when she performed Overprotected all by herself. That is enough talent. So tell you're step-sis to have several seats and not believe everything the media loves to say about Britney :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Britney can be considered as 'puppet' or 'manufactured' early on her career and was about to evolved into a mature artist from In The Zone onwards but we all know what happened later on. 

But what you can't deny about Britney is that she has that 'it' factor that very few people had and she managed to steal everyone's attention. 

Britney is not a musician like the best in the music business but she's an Entertainer and a very good one. At the end on the day, it's about making money and entertaining the GP and Britney did just that. 

Honestly it normally boils down to someone usually being boring or not understanding pop culture. They normally think that if a popststar doesn't sound like Whitney or Beyonce they have no talent. 

It's hard to defend her sometimes though because Britney herself probably doesn't believe much in her talent, which is why she's always embarrassed and cringes at herself. 

You do not become a pop legend with a career spanning 2 decades without having talent.  Even a "puppet" with the best team behind them (which Britney doesn't have btw) couldn't pull that off so... Educate her :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

13 minutes ago, GMFlop said:

Britney can be considered as 'puppet' or 'manufactured' early on her career and was about to evolved into a mature artist from In The Zone onwards but we all know what happened later on. 

I personally think Britney was never fully a puppet, even in the ...Baby One More Time era, she had a bit of influence in the creation of the album but In the Zone definitely seems to be when she was the most hands-on. ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I've always been so confused on this, I've seen quotes that claim to be from Britney where it says she can play the piano or she can't play the piano about the process of writing Everytime. ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

I wi still never forget that day when I thought she was playing the piano in the onyx hotel tour and just casually gets up and starts playing and piano is still p lk saying by itself :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Archived