Why It’s Okay to Support Britney Spears' New Song "Swimming in the Stars" [Opinion]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever it takes to make you feel okay with participation of her enslavement I guess  

I know some of you have your reservations about supporting a single when Britney herself is refusing to perform or do any career work until her father is not involved in her finances, but there are a

Why can't everyone just download the MP3 file from YouTube when the song is put on there and stream to their hearts content without officially streaming it 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Did I say on here? I’m talking about previous posts. Users who have constantly criticized her looks IN THE PAST AKA earlier this year are now talking about people buying the vinyl supporting Britney’s enslavement. Get a damn grip. Britney would be embarrassed to have “fans” like you. I’m pretty sure she would get mad at us for buying the vinyls. She wouldn’t like how disgustingly nasty y’all have been to those buying them. You don’t want to buy them? Cool mind your business and use those coins to buy some common sense 

I never talked about her looks earlier this year and I've been the most vocal against you and pickle on these SITS thread so you're just talking nonsense. She would be way more embarrassed by u bc ur rude AND supporting the brand she's boycotting. Please buy some self awareness. I'm gonna mind Britney's business when I'm on here so get used to it.

35 minutes ago, MoonLight28 said:

People aren't morally superior to you, you are just trashy... Go ahead and give me WP again and ban me you ******* ***** :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

michelle visage GIF

10 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

I never talked about her looks earlier this year and I've been the most vocal against you and pickle on these SITS thread so you're just talking nonsense. She would be way more embarrassed by u bc ur rude AND supporting the brand she's boycotting. Please buy some self awareness. I'm gonna mind Britney's business when I'm on here so get used to it.

michelle visage GIF

Not you talking about me being rude and you constantly have people complaining to the mods about how rude you are. Also it’s laughable you’re quoting someone who is cursing me out, but sure I’m the rude one. Okayyyy :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

10 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not you talking about me being rude and you constantly have people complaining to the mods about how rude you are. Also it’s laughable you’re quoting someone who is cursing me out, but sure I’m the rude one. Okayyyy :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

I never said I wasn't being rude. I said we were both rude but you're rude AND enabling her exploitation. I don't care about being polite to people who are hurting the cause. I get plenty of support.

I suppose there is the very valid and concerning point that Britney is taking a stand by not working and standing up to this absolutely horrendous conservatorship where she has been treated just terribly.

On the other hand, if she drops singles on their own (not like the fourth single from an album) and they totally flop as no one listens, this makes her seem over and irrelevant (which she is not!) and I worry about her future with her label etc if she ever wants to return to music and performing.

#freebritney

I don’t get why people are making a fuss over this. Like she only said she refuses to actively work and that means  new stuff like she was supposed to actually appear for the pop up shop since word is she will be there. I’m guessing she was also supposed to do the MATM recreation but didn’t want to. But like what’s the harm of releasing old stuff? Like for once can we just stop fighting and just be fans? I know for sure she won’t be mad if you are jamming to swimming with the stars? She loves that fans appreciate her work, many of the songs she finds ridiculous yet we adore like Oops. She doesn’t have anything against us so why are we treating her work like it’s icky now? That money pays for Britney’s lawyers too that’s fighting for her and it’s paying the bills for her kids so nothing you could do about it. The money will never stop and just put faith in the professionals because now that they are co conservators they can monitor where the funds are going but y’all acting like loose cannons and basically tainting her music as a guilty thing disgust me more because she didn’t work so hard just for people to not listen to her music and enjoy it like it’s intended. Doesn’t matter if you don’t listen to her music or not, they have money still. Look this whole thing is gonna go on forever so stop with this boycott thing, it’s stupid and does nothing but make a big noise without any results and I’m gonna acknowledge this before the naysayers say it, it’s impossible to stop a million dollar business like Britney’s. That’s like saying let’s boycott Starbucks and end their greed! Music is her least bankable income compared to her fragrances and touring so why aren’t y’all making a stint about that? Like I said, that’s why there’s professionals and they know what they are doing. Things don’t happen quickly, did y’all really expect the judge was gonna set her free on the last hearing? 

Its a slow process and even the gram girls have said this whole ordeal will take forever so are you planning on taking down a million dollar company who have a bunch of pros working against you? I feel like many of you *****ing others supporting the single are feeling helpless you can’t do anything and feel like boycotting makes you sleep better at night knowing you did something. Again, now that pros are in the picture things will be a lot more difficult for Jamie. Look even this lady who is a lawyer says things are heading toward a good direction so why are y’all still at this?

• Like 2
On 11/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, PokemonSpears said:

just be aware that just talking about Britney is an indirect way of promoting her music.

You might not be buying or streaming it on official platforms yourself, you may not even talk about the music at all, but simply spreading the word of #freebritney has made others go and listen to her songs. I must sound like a broken record now, but seems like everyone chooses to ignore this fact, but this year the YouTube Britney channel at least (I ignore the stats about Spotify etc) has seen an increase in daily views, like it hasn't had in years. It's currently receiving more daily views than it did in 2018-2019. And this is considering she's been on a hiatus for two years with no new releases but that Mood Ring EP. 

(now as a comment in general) 

As some people were using the vegan example yesterday, downloading the illegal song and bopping to it and talk about it on social media, to me seems like a vegan eating fake meat. Like yeah, you're still vegan, but still wanting to feed your crave for meat. If you despise meat so much, why even try to  have a replacement for it? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

So in MY opinion, supporting #freebritney and still buying the stuff her team puts out, yeah, that can be seen as hypocritical. As hypocritical as not buying her stuff, but still enjoying it in some other way, when you're supposedly convinced that they're taking advantage of her with it. Like, if her team putting music out offends someone so much, the whole idea of it should be as disgusting, just the thought of listening to it or even seeing the cover of the single should make this person uneasy knowing what it represents. 

It's as if you knew that someone is being forced to make adult content, and you're like, "oh no, I'm not gonna pay for it, because I'd be contributing to the exploitation, however I'm gonna download it for free from another site, and enjoy that in my house guilt-free", while on social media still advocating against it. Or like downloading the unauthorized leaked ***** of someone, famous or not. Not paying for it doesn't exempt you from being part of the problem. 

Just saying... 

Who said we hate Britney's music? This comparison is really bad

We are claiming we hate the industry making the "meat"

So getting the exact same meat without supporting the industry will satisfy our cravings

WTF some people's logic I can't really..

8 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

She would be way more embarrassed by u bc ur rude

8 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

I never said I wasn't being rude. I said we were both rude but you're rude AND enabling her exploitation. I don't care about being polite to people who are hurting the cause. I get plenty of support.

Sure Jan you said we were both rude :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: and I also get plenty of support as well. Tell your roommate I said hello :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Sure Jan you said we were both rude :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: and I also get plenty of support as well. Tell your roommate I said hello :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Notice how you conveniently cut off the quote right before the word "AND" in all caps. 🙄As in you may have called me out for being rude like you are, but at least I'm not making excuses for buying her music RN.

Youre like TMZ cutting out the context. Sorry you read it in your own way, but I'm very self aware. I know I was being rude to you. Never had an issue with you pointing that out. you are prone to dishonesty but don't worry I enjoy making you expose yourself. Its not a good look when geralt is your audience, boo.:beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

6 hours ago, Daredevil said:

Who said we hate Britney's music? This comparison is really bad

We are claiming we hate the industry making the "meat"

So getting the exact same meat without supporting the industry will satisfy our cravings

WTF some people's logic I can't really..

I know man. I just got to remind myself others' ignorance is not my responsibility. You can't change someone mind even with all the logic in the world. Not when they have a personality like CrazyButItFeelsLikeImTrolling or pickle.

• Like 1

I was angry at first when i saw everyone here so excited for this new release but i don't care anymore. Everyone can do what they want but i definitely won't support this.
For now all i know is she refuses to work ,to be taken advantage of and i will respect that. Hopefully 2021 is the year she'll be free, she truly deserves this.

26 minutes ago, OutrageousFixation said:

Regardless her team and c*chip's shady business, we must keep Britney relevant everywhere while waiting for her freedom and greatest comeback!

She's already super relevant. This story is going nowhere. People already care about Britney, a cutting room floor single is not gonna make or break her relevancy. So for the 1000th time just listen by unofficial means.

• Like 2

britney spears GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I am pretty sure we are the first fan base in history to be this proactive and recognize our idol needs our help before it’s too late. (Yes we have our flaws but we continue to grow and better ourselves )  

All over the planet We have come together despite our differences in solidarity of Britney Jean Spears. Our love for her is unwavering and unconditional. We are more than posts, comments, and complaining.  Most of our work will go without recognition, appraise, or acknowledgment. We are often publicly judged, harassed, and criticized ourselves. Yet We FIGHT For Her. 

Ya’ll That’s Real Love.  Love ALWAYS Wins 🥰🧚🏿🧝‍♀️🥰😘😍

Lets continue to show support in every facet of her life. We can support her carrier, her relationships, her kiddos, respect her private life, encourage her joy and creativity. And most of all help restore and support her freedoms. Every positive conversation you have about Brit in public or private brings awareness and will benefit her. 

Sending love to you all and all those you cherish in this very scary time💚

I don't think that Britney has a issue with releasing her song . Beacuse this won't bring that much money to them. What makes money mostly is her tours, Vegas residencies.She should stay relevant in the industry for the future by the way. So we should support it I think. She is receiving benefits from this at the end of day. We will get rid of Jamie hopefully soon.