"Swimming in the Stars" was recorded in 2014

PlayboyMommy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Are we SURE Matthew Koma worked on this? If so I'm gonna text him to see if he will do an interview about it. I interviewed him a few years ago for BH. Super cool dude 

He posted about the song's release on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/stories/matthewkoma/2440139223630917665/

Also make it a Q&A please. We need to know every single detail about this :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Super Mods
39 minutes ago, JustATouchOfRose said:

Backing vocalists or backup singers are singers who provide vocal harmony with the lead vocalist or other backing vocalists. In some cases, a backing vocalist may sing alone as a lead-in to the main vocalist's entry or to sing a counter-melody 🎤💋 !!!

Yas Britney explain it to us eternal queen :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: Educate us baby :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

5 minutes ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

2014? Is it Myah on the track then? 😂

Myah has confirmed she’s not on the track.

y’all are annoying with Myah lol background singers typically mimic the lead singer’s singing style or vice versa. Have you heard Victoria Monet/Ariana Grande? As a matter of fact I thought the background singer on this track sounded more like the one on Liar/Man on the Moon tbh

the BGV seem to overpower the lead vocals, but that’s not uncommon in music

18 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Myah has confirmed she’s not on the track.

y’all are annoying with Myah lol background singers typically mimic the lead singer’s singing style or vice versa. Have you heard Victoria Monet/Ariana Grande? As a matter of fact I thought the background singer on this track sounded more like the one on Liar/Man on the Moon tbh

the BGV seem to overpower the lead vocals, but that’s not uncommon in music

Lol I know, it was just a joke :D . There’s some songs in her early discography where her vocals are overshadowed by her background singers as well haha. The Myah thing is just funny because we know her name and because of the glitch in Body Ache. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

Lol I know, it was just a joke :D . There’s some songs in her early discography where her vocals are overshadowed by her background singers as well haha. The Myah thing is just funny because we know her name and because of the glitch in Body Ache. 

glitch in body ache?

1 minute ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

I think it’s the second verse, the vocals change completely mid sentence and it sounds like 2 different people. 

I haven't even listened to it since and I think I know which bit you mean

The line before the bridge? 'I'm gonna put it on ya, you want it don't ya don't ya?' 😂

Tbh the whole song up until the second verse sounds like Myah, then we get Britney for like 10 seconds in the second verse, and then back to Myah :queenie_falling_dying_dead:💀💀

what tragic times

Archived