Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

5 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Take a shot every time some random Twitter or exhale user says "you have no idea how the music industry works" or "Britney's team gets no money". Did jamie provide you all with a list of talking points or What?

.. You do understand what we're saying right? Or are you actively ignoring these facts and then making of them? I don't understand why you would write this comment.

This is a place for discussion. Sometimes people provide alternative facts that you weren't aware of. Maybe you can learn something ?

1 minute ago, PickleSpears said:

That's fine but not everyone sees it that way. I don't blame her label for trying to release stuff while she's not working. She's signed to RCA, they don't exactly owe it to her to let her figure things out in personal life before they continue with their business. If you said to your employer company that you weren't going to work and make any money for them for multiple years bc you were in a fight with your dad they wouldn't care. Plus these are gifts to fans.

Exactly. RCA is doing its own thing. It's our choice, to support or not to support the Britney brand.

Team Britney/label: demonstrates they don't need Britney to sell her products.  

Britney "fans": yaaas queen this is totally acceptable and ok and no money goes to the bad people!! You called her a racehorse but it's fine since she didn't mean she didn't want to stop recording! 

Team Britney+label knowing they don't need the living human to create money for themselves. 

Enjoy the message you are sending them since having your music,  fragrances, vinyls, etc are all worth more to you than her actual life and freedom.  Whether her team gets a cut or not someone is cashing in on her and they will continue to because they can.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Easy There said:

I am not gonna judge ppl who will support this.

I AM! At least when they make juvenile excuses for their bad behavior.

I wouldnt judge if ppl said "you know what I am gonna stream it and I know it's wrong and funds the business of britney, but I don't think it's that harmful in the long run."

That's somewhat respectable. But y'all are like "bRiTnEYs TeAm gEtS zeroooo. NoThInG. YoU jUsT dOnT gEt ThE iNdUsTrY. I'm SmArT.":sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

No,Brit will never be poor again. Alone the royalties, when her songs are playing  on the TV/Radio,etc.brings her alone around 10 million a year.She never needs to work again.

It’s true. She will never be poor again based off fragrances and royalties alone. That being said, a lot of that money goes to the brand. While it might keep her alive (let’s face it, she’s not exactly starving or homeless lollll) it’s also keeping her handlers alive and allows them to generate more money to pay for lawyers, and more court dates that judge Brenda seems to love extending! It keeps the judge busy I guess. This court case is such a joke? The fact that they’re debating about whether she can live her life. Throw the whole court and judge out too lol

i want to see the judge get her rights taken away and then have to fight back for them. I want to see Jamie and Lou fight for their rights too. 

im not going to pretend that I haven’t bought some vinyls (itz, blackout, and oops rarities). It is hypocritical and I don’t judge anyone who does. I will not be supporting this one because I think it’s insane that they’re bringing out single buzz less than one day after the court case 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

She does not want to 'create' money. That's her point to not work. 

A new song or new release create money at the end of the day. Or it contributes to the machine.

Hmm no, i think with 'not working' she means big projects with a lot of effort. Like Domination, performances, new albums, promoting stuff: stuff she did the past 12 years. Big money's.

I really dont think this 'swimming in the stars' is a big deal for her. Its not like they make a lot of money of it. Maybe this is her way to suprise her fans, just like she did with mood ring or whatever.

Just trying to be positive here.:bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

2 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

I mentioned this somewhere else  but i will mention it here too
this track was unreleased. there must be a reason why. maybe Britney didn't like it. so we need to also respect this. its her artistry 

We all know some of her best music is her unreleased work. Did you say the same thing to Mood Ring? Bc it's a fan favorite from Glory and didn't even make the album. That's why it was "by demand."

2 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

You assume we're all streaming her music when we bought the albums years ago... 🙄

So it's okay to listen to something you put your money on years ago but it's not okay to listen to something that I'm putting my money on now?

'Spotify pays whoever holds the rights to a song anywhere from $0.006 to $0.0084 per play. The rights “holder” can then split these earning between the record label, producers, artists, and songwriters, which means splitting pennies between many parties.' 

In other words, you've already contributed to the machine, just at a different time. Thus, listening to your CD holds a similar "morale value" as streaming the songs on Spotify. Help me see the difference.

3 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

Because she is on HIATUS not because she has better things to do but because this is her statement. That's her plan on how to fight them. 

I never said that we should only boycott this song lol

Good luck in offering your moral support to her and your money to them.

As i said many times in the thread, i respect your opinion. Nobody is forcing you to do or not do anything. I'm just explaining mine too.

She is on a hiatus but she still has contractual obligations. You can't just terminate a contract like that. I mean, you can technically but you'll have to pay financial repercussions to the label. Since Britney doesn't own her own label, I don't see how I'm feeding my 0.006 dollars into the conservatorship through listening to her music.

39 minutes ago, Isla said:

I mean, I don't really know how else to respond to you or @Scrappybut that was just my thoughts on the whole thing. Again, I'm not an expert. But I think there's been some logical/interesting explanations posted just after I made my post.

U don't know how to respond bc there is no response. It's common sense that supporting this release is a bad idea. That's why all the comments on UO are "free britney." Its only a small group of ppl on here and Twitter that seem to think this release is a good thing.

1 minute ago, PickleSpears said:

If Britney was really against these releases wouldn't she say something on social media? I doubt she really cares. She's not actively working like recording of performing or anything but she doesn't seem to be doing anything to stop them. And let's face it, she could. She has a smart phone.

Kylie Jenner Reaction GIF by E!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

So it's okay to listen to something you put your money on years ago but it's not okay to listen to something that I'm putting my money on now?

'Spotify pays whoever holds the rights to a song anywhere from $0.006 to $0.0084 per play. The rights “holder” can then split these earning between the record label, producers, artists, and songwriters, which means splitting pennies between many parties.' 

In other words, you've already contributed to the machine, just at a different time. Thus, listening to your CD holds a similar "morale value" as streaming the songs on Spotify. Help me see the difference.

She is on a hiatus but she still has contractual obligations. You can't just terminate a contract like that. I mean, you can technically but you'll have to pay financial repercussions to the label. Since Britney doesn't own her own label, I don't see how I'm feeding my 0.006 dollars into the conservatorship through listening to her music.

But you can let it flop. Nobody ever talked about breaking contacts. Hou can let it flop hard and show them that you are not helping the continuation of the vicious circle. Let's just pretend that people didn't like it. No consequences for that.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Thus, listening to your CD holds a similar "morale value" as streaming the songs on Spotify. Help me see the difference.

Uh duh it's okay. I can't go return my Circus CD from 2009 i got at Best buy, sorry.

Playing the old CDs I already bought does not give her team even a fraction of cent, unlike your streams which add up just like the streams of her millions of other fans.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

.. You do understand what we're saying right? Or are you actively ignoring these facts and then making of them? I don't understand why you would write this comment.

This is a place for discussion. Sometimes people provide alternative facts that you weren't aware of. Maybe you can learn something ?

I learn stuff on here every day. I call out bs when I see it. It's called having character. Maybe you can learn something about it?