Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

On 11/11/2020 at 4:05 PM, 1inamillion said:

So you think it's ok to buy it and give money to her label/team etc when she has stated that she is not working as long as the conservatorship remains the same? 

" We don't care what you say Britney. You satisfy our need for music and we are going to help your dad launder money and pay his lawyers to destroy you. "

I thing the worst part is as long as Britney is still successful for them, Jamie will fight till his last breath to continue controlling her estate. All this boils down to this. She can refuse to work now but he can make her life even more miserable until she ends up giving in. meanwhile they will just release old unreleased stuff bc they know people are going to buy anyway. 

You don't have to buy it or support it but it's not "disgusting." It's not like Jamie Spears called up Urban Outfitters himself to release a song he probably never even knew existed. She has a record deal with a record label and the music business is a BUSINESS that needs and wants to make money.

She hasn't put out new music in 4 years and the label is prob trying to figure out what to do about that. She's a big artist and I'm sure they're not thrilled with her not working. She has her reasons and that's okay but this is a deal with her label, not her personal team or family or anything with her conservatorship.  And for some of us new music is exciting, stop trying to make it into something it's not.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Some proper logic and these keyboard warriors just come up with any excuse in the book to justify their moral righteousness. All of them right now mobilizing to downvote tenor.gif?itemid=17096667:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

5 hours ago, 1inamillion said:

So you think it's ok to buy it and give money to her label/team etc when she has stated that she is not working as long as the conservatorship remains the same? 

" We don't care what you say Britney. You satisfy our need for music and we are going to help your dad launder money and pay his lawyers to destroy you. "

Explain to me how exactly Britney is currently working from the confinement of her home?!

She is an artist. This is her craft. At the end of the day it's her music out there. She chose to be a performer, a singer, a recording artist.

Guess what. Streaming Overprotected or My Prerogative does the exact same "damage" to her. I'm not going to be shamed for streaming an artist's music.

I am in no way responsible for how her team has treated her in the past. She is the one fighting the battle. I'm afraid I can only offer moral support. I don't want to take credit for her freedom once she gets it because it's going to be her who would have achieved that.

Appreciating and supporting a person's art can be done alongside morally supporting them in their personal life. Let's not pretend that by listening to her music, we're contributing to the conservatorship. The FreeBritney movement has showed quite the opposite and everyone's been pretty damn vocal about it. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

Well Britney’s power and money is being used to take her power and money away from her. 

what else? the Epstein’s r*** island should remain working because otherwise people in the human trafficking industry will go out of work?

******* hell? **** capitalism. 

Haha, yes that's a very extreme example, however, logically human trafficking doesn't work that way either lmao.

But that is how every single business in the world works. That's why you are reading/commenting on a cell phone or computer or tablet. That's why they exist. We wouldn't be here without it.

It's a necessary (evil?). Even though it inherently isn't evil it's a concept, people are evil. So **** evil people not capitalism.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

You don't have to buy it or support it but it's not "disgusting." It's not like Jamie Spears called up Urban Outfitters himself to release a song he probably never even knew existed. She has a record deal with a record label and the music business is a BUSINESS that needs and wants to make money.

She hasn't put out new music in 4 years and the label is prob trying to figure out what to do about that. She's a big artist and I'm sure they're not thrilled with her not working. She has her reasons and that's okay but this is a deal with her label, not her personal team or family or anything with her conservatorship.  And for some of us new music is exciting, stop trying to make it into something it's not.

Amen.

People need to CHILL.:nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

It's disgusting to think about court documents. Court documents claim she does not want to work. She does not want to produce money, right? So she does not want to release music until her dad is out of his position as conservator. One day after, new song release. 

Call me weird, I don't see it as something good at all. It disgusts me because I don't support racehorses.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Explain to me how exactly Britney is currently working from the confinement of her home?! She is an artist. This is her craft. At the end of the day it's her music out there. She chose to be a performer, singer. Guess what. Streaming Overprotected or My Prerogative does the exact same "damage" to her? I'm not going to be shamed for streaming an artist's music. I am in no way responsible for how her team has treated her in the past. She is the one fighting the battle. I'm afraid I can only offer moral support. I don't want to take credit for her freedom once she gets it because it's going to be on her own. Appreciating and supporting a person's art can be done alongside morally supporting them in their personal life. Let's not pretend that by listening to her music, we're contributing to the conservatorship. The FreeBritney movement has showed quite the opposite and everyone's been pretty damn vocal about it. 

You assume we're all streaming her music when we bought the albums years ago... 🙄

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Explain to me how exactly Britney is currently working from the confinement of her home?! She is an artist. This is her craft. At the end of the day it's her music out there. She chose to be a performer, singer. Guess what. Streaming Overprotected or My Prerogative does the exact same "damage" to her? I'm not going to be shamed for streaming an artist's music. I am in no way responsible for how her team has treated her in the past. She is the one fighting the battle. I'm afraid I can only offer moral support. I don't want to take credit for her freedom once she gets it because it's going to be on her own. Appreciating and supporting a person's art can be done alongside morally supporting them in their personal life. Let's not pretend that by listening to her music, we're contributing to the conservatorship. The FreeBritney movement has showed quite the opposite and everyone's been pretty damn vocal about it. 

Because she is on HIATUS not because she has better things to do but because this is her statement. That's her plan on how to fight them. 

I never said that we should only boycott this song lol

Good luck in offering your moral support to her and your money to them.

As i said many times in the thread, i respect your opinion. Nobody is forcing you to do or not do anything. I'm just explaining mine too.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

It's disgusting to think about court documents. Court documents claim she does not want to work. She does not want to produce money, right? So she does not want to release music until her dad is out of his position as conservator. One day after, new song release. 

Call me weird, I don't see it as something good at all. It disgusts me.

But she doesn't even 'work' with releasing the song. Its an OLD song she recorded years ago, she doesn't have to do ANYTHING.

She still isn't performing, recording new music, or promoting anything. 

Just now, Needleney said:

But she doesn't even 'work' with releasing the song. Its an OLD song she recorded years ago, she doesn't have to do ANYTHING.

She still isn't performing, recording new music, or promoting anything. 

She does not want to 'create' money. That's her point to not work. 

A new song or new release create money at the end of the day. Or it contributes to the machine.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Call me weird, I don't see it as something good at all. It disgusts me.

That's fine but not everyone sees it that way. I don't blame her label for trying to release stuff while she's not working. She's signed to RCA, they don't exactly owe it to her to let her figure things out in personal life before they continue with their business. If you said to your employer company that you weren't going to work and make any money for them for multiple years bc you were in a fight with your dad they wouldn't care. Plus these are gifts to fans.