Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

Britneys team isn’t profiting from a single. RCA is and maybe they got a publishing fee. Britney’s team DOES however make money from her online store, the zone, residencies and tours. Maybe fragrances and partnerships. If u guys listen to any of her catalogue on Spotify and Apple Music then ur argument against this is hypocriticalΒ 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Fab britney said:

Britneys team isn’t profiting from a single. RCA is and maybe they got a publishing fee. Britney’s team DOES however make money from her online store, the zone, residencies and tours. Maybe fragrances and partnerships. If u guys listen to any of her catalogue on Spotify and Apple Music then ur argument against this is hypocriticalΒ 

I stopped listening/streaming her in official platforms long time ago.Β 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

The point isn't to cut Britney off from any income

imagine if everybody stopped buying everything from Britney?

she'd suffer the most

Just sayin' :-)

this doesn't seem like a good strategy

Β 

She is refusing to work and toΒ generate any income for her team :-) she herself clearly doesn’t want to release any music right now so we should NOT be supporting it. It is clearly a cash grab from her team.Β 

Besides, Britney herself doesn’t have to work a day in her life again. She has made enough money to live comfortably. . .Β unless the conservators burn through it all >:|

• Love 3

tbh she may contractually obliged to release stuff every now and then + this is an old unreleased song, she didn't work for it ever since it was done (which was prior to Glory) for both the song and the artwork.

They didn't make her do anything for this release.

That's why we CAN support this song.

This would be completely the opposite if the song and artwork were brand new and AFTER she said she didn't want to work. She's in no way forced in this project.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Can someone actually provide some proof when they're making such sweeping statements? I get the idea to boycott the brand but how much exactly are they going to take from a 4-year old record with a bunch of streams? It's not like there's a massive promotional campaign with Britney doing press interviews or performing. The streaming world we live in changed the artists' income from music sales long time ago. Agree to disagree, of course.Β 

• Like 2

Didn't read what anyone else said so sorry if this is repetitive but we honestly should NOT buy this when it comes out. One day ago, Britney's lawyer confirmed that she is boycotting working until her father is removed from her conservatorship, and the next day an unreleased single is being released. Do you guys think Brit approved this? Do you think she even knows its coming out? I doubt she even knew Mood Ring came out. This is a way for them to release music without her consent because they don't need it. It's already been recording and the record company owns it and her team can consent to anything for her basically without her even knowing.

Β 

I know its exciting but this isn't the new britney music we should want. If we are really fighting to Free Britney we need to boycott the song and prove to the courts that the people in charge of her are not in her best interest and are detrimental to her career.Β 

Β 

Imagine how good its going to feel when she gets her wishes with her conservatorship, goes into the studio to create the music SHE WANTS to make and releases it? Let's not get distracted by her team's greediness.Β 

Β 

Thank you.Β 

• Love 5

plus, she didn't sound like she is sad or something on the snippet :-) ("my opinion" of course!!!)

She didn't sound like she is sad on the snippet? Are you dumb?

You mean an OLD song that was just never released from the Glory era, that she recorded years ago.. why would she be sad on it? She was working at the time that was recorded. Now she is refusing to work which is why her label is doing theseΒ  money grabs.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

The point isn't to cut Britney off from any income

imagine if everybody stopped buying everything from Britney?

she'd suffer the most

Just sayin' :-)

this doesn't seem like a good strategy

Β 

if people r making it being on minimal wage and 4 kids you really think theres possibility of britney not surviving

THE DELUSION. you just want to enable jamie spears. but dont sugar coat it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BritneyFanatic2014 said:

Didn't read what anyone else said so sorry if this is repetitive but we honestly should NOT buy this when it comes out. One day ago, Britney's lawyer confirmed that she is boycotting working until her father is removed from her conservatorship, and the next day an unreleased single is being released. Do you guys think Brit approved this? Do you think she even knows its coming out? I doubt she even knew Mood Ring came out. This is a way for them to release music without her consent because they don't need it. It's already been recording and the record company owns it and her team can consent to anything for her basically without her even knowing.

Β 

I know its exciting but this isn't the new britney music we should want. If we are really fighting to Free Britney we need to boycott the song and prove to the courts that the people in charge of her are not in her best interest and are detrimental to her career.Β 

Β 

Imagine how good its going to feel when she gets her wishes with her conservatorship, goes into the studio to create the music SHE WANTS to make and releases it? Let's not get distracted by her team's greediness.Β 

Β 

Thank you.Β 

honestly, what do you think will happen the day Britney stops working or dies?

Look at MJ, Whitney, ... EVERY record company releases music past-mortum of the dead artist which is pretty much without their consent and is rather disguisting AS THEY'RE MAKING MONEY OF A DEAD ARTIST but hey that's showbusiness for you. RCA records "BOUGHT" Britney with a contract of milions to be able to put music out so they will make profit out of the contract. It kinda's only fair for them to try to get their invested money back.

I would totally boycot this IF and ONLY IF they made Britney record new music or shoot an album cover AGAINST HER WILL but since this was recorded and shot BEFORE she refused to work, she kinda DID CONSENT to this. Britney didn't put a finger into this project past the Glory era so what harm does this do to her honestly?

I meanΒ then you should boycot the 20th aniverssary LP's, you should not be streaming her music on Spotify etc and you shouldn't be watching her music videos on Youtube....

Boycotting doesn't mean boycot 1 thing, it means boycot EVERYTHING but I bet you watch her music vids.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BritneyFanatic2014 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Thank you.Β 

Exactly! Β Look, a lot of artists still make money for their estates even when they’re dead. Case in point: The Michael Jackson estate. They still get royalties for music, products, etc...

Britney might as well be a ghost at this point. She is on strike and her team is still releasing music and products against her wishes. I would hate to send the message to these corrupt estate holders that we’re okay with this because Britney’s LIFE is on the line here. And I am not being dramatic. She’s literally fighting for her rights in court. She is fighting to have a voice.Β 

There’s too much at stake and every little bit matters. We can’t overlook one song here and a fragrance there... ultimately, that all feeds them. Lou cut and run. She wouldn’t have done that if she didn’t think the ship was sinking. Frankly, Britney can recover with our help after she wins. We will happily throw money at her after the con-ship is gone.Β 

For now, let the rats starve.Β 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Look at MJ, Whitney, ... EVERY record company releases music past-mortum of the dead artist which is pretty much without their consent and is rather disguisting AS THEY'RE MAKING MONEY OF A DEAD ARTIST but hey that's showbusiness for you. RCA records "BOUGHT" Britney with a contract of milions to be able to put music out so they will make profit out of the contract. It kinda's only fair for them to try to get their invested money back.

I would totally boycot this IF and ONLY IF they made Britney record new music or shoot an album cover AGAINST HER WILL but since this was recorded and shot BEFORE she refused to work, she kinda DID CONSENT to this. Britney didn't put a finger into this project past the Glory era so what harm does this do to her honestly?

I meanΒ then you should boycot the 20th aniverssary LP's, you should not be streaming her music on Spotify etc and you shouldn't be watching her music videos on Youtube....

Boycotting doesn't mean boycot 1 thing, it means boycot EVERYTHING but I bet you watch her music vids.

I have her videos downloaded like a true fanΒ :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

I have boycotted everything since the #FreeBritney movement began. I haven’t even streamed her music. I love Britney - just yesterday, my friend and I were singing Toxic to a packed Discord voice chat. But they know as well as I do we can’t give them money right now. We know the con-ship has been blackmailing and forcing Britney to work. They have admitted to it yesterday in court by calling her a race horse managed as such. She has expressed FEAR of her father - aka he was able to control and manipulate her. We KNOW she was threatened with visitation of her children. We have proof that whatever was done was done under duress. So, NO... there was no valid consent. Anything put out now or in the future is disgusting because it goes against her express wishes. Supporters of it are not fans. I’m sorry. Y’all who stream or buy or show interest might as well help kill the free Britney movement and proclaim yourself Jamie and the Conservatorship’s fans from here on out.Β 

• Love 4

according to what sources? do you trust anything

plus "refusing to work" sounds super vague andΒ shallow in content

maybe Britney doesn't even see recording as what she categorizes as the work she doesn't want to do

maybe she loves recording and bringing this to us? i believe she was the one who was excited for new Glory cover. she posted on instagram that she was enjoying it. and according toΒ multiple resourcesΒ she is in control of her instagram.

Β 

it is exactly like when you convert "Britney is scared" to "Britney thinks Jamie is evil"

bad badΒ 

these slogans are so general and vague, you guys haven't got anything substantial yet, just wait when Britney starts to speak out!!

her own teen son said she wants to quit making music but he responded but mom u make big buck

• Love 2