Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

17 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

I think most of us love SITS and think matches is okay. Some are disappointed with the over processed and ghost vocals, but it doesn’t bother me I love sits.

we hate Britney being exploited and the fake narrative that this rerelease was her idea, yea. There is a divide on that part.

girl don’t pickle, Geralt, and all them look foolish now :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: 

lol remember when it was just the sits vinyl release through UO and all the team con supporters were saying Britney’s team was gonna get no money :clownery_makeup_meme:

And we said it was gonna snowball and now it’s a major album rerelease 😂 yea this was all planned yeaaarss ago it has nothing to do with the freebritney saga. Team Con is doing this as a secret Santa for fans free of charge :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

They love the Christmas' money, lbr

Keeping Up With The Kardashians GIF by E!

9 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Girl don't sweat that Tristar intern 

He doesn't steal from artists he loves old rich people who own Britney

About Britney's actual wishes tho? It's a no from him, dawg.

Her actual wishes are to not work while her father is in charge. She’s not working, dawg :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I bet you don’t even own her albums and have probably illegally downloaded everything or a new fan. Anyway, I’ll stay living in your head :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

On 11/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

It's exciting to listen something new by Britney, of course. And I got all the hype from the snipped but I'm not going to support it. The whole release and timing is disgusting and I'm not going to buy it.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians GIF by E!

#FREEBRITNEY and then, I'll give my money and streams to the brand again. 

C52CA173-6AA2-43D1-A963-859251DCE726.jpegTHIS! Ive been a Britney Fan since day one & love her to death. I refuse to support work she has yet to acknowledge. How easy we forget her lawyer said she refused to work until her father is removed. Even if its cents or dollars, we are adding to the problem. I support Britney the person, and will support Britney the brand, when she is treated like a decent human being. 

• Love 1

Agree. Of course I'm always excited for new music but this is so wrong and I'm 100% sure that this is Team Conservatorship trying to stop and distract the GP from the FreeBritney (it was getting REALLY popular everywhere!). And of course, we already know that Britney refuses to work as long as Jamie is still in control of her life and career (let's not forget that she said she's afraid of him), so this wasnt released by her.

So I didn't buy the song and I'm not goona do it. Also, I'm not buying the new re-release nor Matches 

Oh... Still no promo directly from Britney (like a video or something like that), that says A LOT :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses::bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

15 hours ago, mono-yuumi said:

Where did you heard that artists makes 0.13 cents per streams? That's completely false, dude. First of all, spotify's payment is not per one stream, but by 1000 streams pack. Second, the payment varies every month due to a lot  of variables. by every stream you got, it's a royalty you have. Simply math here: the artist will receive the percentage of its royalties compared to all royalts emitted in that month, and that percentage is a cut from spotify' profit that month (by signatures and advertising). Here's an example: Spotify made 1 million dollar this december, and it pays 60% of it to the royalties (this 60% is the only thing specified previously to the artists, but idk the real percentage, its just an example). There are only Lady Gaga and Mariah Carey on the platform. Lady Gaga got  1000 streams, while Mariah got 200.000.000 at the period. So the total royaties are 200.001.000. Doing some math, you see Lady Gaga has 0.00005% of the royalties, multipling that by 600k dollars, she will receive 3 dollars by that 1000 streams, and obviously this 3 dollars are going to be splitted with a lot of people involved with the song (not only songwritters and producers). As you see, streaming (mainly in Spotify) is not lucrative at all (Taylor Swift didn't want to put her music there for years for no reason). Things got slightly better, but unless you're Ariana Grande with your 4b streams per year, no artist will get rich by Spotify payment. YouTube for example, is a free platform and pays a lot more. The main goal for an artist by adding songs on Spotify is because its the biggest streaming platform and you'll need it if you want your releases to be relevant (of course if you're Beyonce you wont need it, but even she did after a while). Anyway, no one except for spotify or record labels or ariana grande makes actual money on spotify, so no crying about this that the songwritters will die of hunger cause fans are boycotting spears' releases. That's just not real.

Just a note... Spotify pays about 0.004 cent per stream. Therefore, a song streamed 53 million times will generate about $212,000, whereas a song stream 600 million times will generate 2.4 million dollars. As for Gaga, I'm sure she makes more than, esp. since she co-writes and co-produces the vast majority of her stuff. 

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Her actual wishes are to not work while her father is in charge. She’s not working, dawg :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I bet you don’t even own her albums and have probably illegally downloaded everything or a new fan. Anyway, I’ll stay living in your head :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

Lol plz do I enjoy your company honestly