Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

16 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

All the people talking about morality here and yet you're still planning on listening to the song illegally.:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: That's like saying you'll abstain from *** to achieve moral purity but still continue practicing on your own. :jackk_alien: 

No because someone else already bought it for it to have been uploaded illegally. 

17 minutes ago, WeKeepOnRockin said:

No because someone else already bought it for it to have been uploaded illegally. 

But you'll still be listening to Britney Spears, just illegally. Where's your morality then? It doesn't make sense to call for boycotting the brand and then hide at home still listening to her. As it was already mentioned, if you're going to boycott the machine, either you are all in or all out. There's no mid ground there. 

I'm not looking at it through a financial lens here but through a moral one. Why? Because those claiming to boycott the brand will continue to listen to her music ILLEGALLY but at the same time will point the finger at the people doing the same thing but legally. That includes CDs as well btw. Do you see the hypocrisy there? 

Whether you'll listen to her music, legally or illegally, is your own choice. Just don't think you're a social justice warrior that can parade around blaming people left and right that they're contributing to the cship just because they're listening to her music LEGALLY and you're doing the same thing ILLEGALLY or from a CD you BOUGHT years ago. It's hypocritical and pathetic. Reminds me of this new cancel/twitter stan culture. It's toxic. 

Do whatever you want to and mind your business. Nobody's asking for your moral judgement especially when you're not that innocent yourself. 

P. S. That's not an attack on you personally. xx

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Scrappy said:

“Hey vegan, don’t worry: I am eating two strips of bacon, so I’ve got you covered.”

Yeah, it’s as disgusting as that. Don’t overstep your boundaries just to try and sound funny: you’re not. You’re just being repulsive.

Want me to buy another to cover yours as well?

I'm really torn about this situation, and I hate so much how her team has put us all in this ****ty situation. Feeling guilty to consume Britney's music is unfair. I wasn't streaming her music and buying anything from her for months, however, when Mood Ring was released I caved and I was streaming it. It was so exciting having new music from Britney available to stream. With this new song we don't know what actually is the context of this release, but I have a feeling it's the same situation as the Mood Ring release, a gift to fans somehow. It's definitely a cash grab opportunity for her label, but I think Britney also likes this song and she wants to be released. She probably got bored and was listening to her old recorded songs and she thought this song was ''cool''.  I'll probably stream the song when it's released, just because it's so good having new music from her, but I totally understand people not supporting her anymore. Let's hope this situation gets fixed in the near future, so we can all do what we're supposed to be doing for our favorite artist, supporting Britney both as a human and as a musician.

• Like 1

The timing is just coincidental, this has been in the works for months I’m sure. It just happened to be that “singles day” was the day or so after the court hearing. I see nothing wrong with the release honestly! She still has a contract with RCA and is most likely suppose to have something out this year, plus I’m sure they are trying to keep her somewhat musically relevant!  It’s not as if they forced her to record a song against her wishes to not work. Her team will see hardly any money from this, she didn’t write the song and it’s not going to chart either. 

• Love 2

Team B will be enraged at the fact... but they are NOT going to be making big coin from this cutting-room floor, low-key release. Britney doesn't even have any writing credits on this song and if you look into the figures of what they'd actually get from this release... i think many would be shocked. 

I totally understand peoples stance on not wanting to purchase. 

I totally understand peoples stance on wanting to purchase.

We may not all be 'on the same boat'. But we are all in the same storm.

So try not to get on people's backs for either boycotting, or pre-ordering.

Whilst you think that this has been a tactical move to 'silence the fans' or not. They will never silence us. The storm rages on. 

However... if this song can provide some temporary shelter and light, from the storm, then why not?

We are all in this together.

raining at sea GIF by Rafahu

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Puppy said:

You act like she can’t get her money back, these things take time and lots of steps. Everyone is getting worked up for no reason because take a seat like the rest of us who had to endure this for the past 12 years. 

RCA owns her music so they can chose to release anything they want. She’s no different than any other artist. If RCA wants to put out another Whitney Houston compilation they can. I like everyone takes one thing and spin it to fit their agenda. You guys really think boycotting is gonna make a difference? Tell me when have it been successful? Because look how they still have money flowing through because Britney has other investments like stock that you guys can’t stop them from getting unless you want to boycott cocoa cola, Disney, Starbucks, which she has stock in. Then her fragrances are the second most popular so how you gonna convince the millions of fragheads to stop using fantasy because frankly there are people doing unboxing of her two new fragrances Ego and Festive Fantasy. Britney will be free by the time you guys convince the whole world not to buy Britney products. Waste of time and stupid as Britney would get mad that you play her music. Really?

Not their Starbucks also contributing to the team. Welp team boycott have to start thinking about investment wealth now too :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Fionagoode said:

Has it occurred to y'all that Britney hasn't really posted/said anything about the new song? I think this say something. She doesn't support any songs being release right now because as she said she is on a strike. We should support her decision. We can illegal download the **** out of the song, but lets not buy it from main streaming services.

As odd as it is, legally they don't have to get her permission. 

7 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

But you'll still be listening to Britney Spears, just illegally. Where's your morality then? It doesn't make sense to call for boycotting the brand and then hide at home still listening to her. As it was already mentioned, if you're going to boycott the machine, either you are all in or all out. There's no mid ground there. 

I'm not looking at it through a financial lens here but through a moral one. Why? Because those claiming to boycott the brand will continue to listen to her music ILLEGALLY but at the same time will point the finger at the people doing the same thing but legally. That includes CDs as well btw. Do you see the hypocrisy there? 

Whether you'll listen to her music, legally or illegally, is your own choice. Just don't think you're a social justice warrior that can parade around blaming people left and right that they're contributing to the cship just because they're listening to her music LEGALLY and you're doing the same thing ILLEGALLY or from a CD you BOUGHT years ago. It's hypocritical and pathetic. Reminds me of this new cancel/twitter stan culture. It's toxic. 

Do whatever you want to and mind your business. Nobody's asking for your moral judgement especially when you're not that innocent yourself. 

P. S. That's not an attack on you personally. xx

Why don't listen to her music even illegally should be part of boycotting her brand? :ehidk_britney_um_eek: The purpose is not give James money. I don't see how that is "hypocrital and pathetic"

Britney Spears Ended Megyn Kelly Before Megyn Kelly Ended Herself

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Why don't listen to her music even illegally should be part of boycotting her brand? :ehidk_britney_um_eek: The purpose is not give James money. I don't see how that is "hypocrital and pathetic"

Britney Spears Ended Megyn Kelly Before Megyn Kelly Ended Herself

That per se is not "hypocritical and pathetic". People do that all over the world. It is, however, from a moral perspective, in my opinion. What I find odd is that people who choose to listen to her music illegally blame the people who do the same thing but legally. That won't stop the machine from functioning. What about the general public?

All I'm saying is that it's an intricate system and not streaming her music contributes to "boycotting the machine" very very little since streams nowadays don't generate big income anyways. But if that's what you want to do, that's fine. I'm not going to judge you for your choice but I'm also expecting the same from you.

Britney herself has expressed that she will not work for Jamie anymore. And will only work once Jamie is removed. 

she is boycotting her own brand. She didn’t even post a single thing about the song.

yet some members here are like pushing for streaming parties and what not. Do you have any respect for Britney’s autonomy? 

It is one thing to buy / stream the song, but to go and act as if nothing is going on and rally up people to stream / buy it? 

All while Lou is using Britney’s money to file law suits against fans?? While James’ new litigation team gets paid 5k$ an hour? 

Like how ****ed up do you want this situation to be to boycott this brand and say ‘that’s enough’. 

You’re free to spend your money and time the way you like, but don’t turn into James’ lackeys by promoting the song. 

• Love 4
On 11/11/2020 at 1:25 PM, IForgotYouExisted said:

honestly, what do you think will happen the day Britney stops working or dies?

Look at MJ, Whitney, ... EVERY record company releases music past-mortum of the dead artist which is pretty much without their consent and is rather disguisting AS THEY'RE MAKING MONEY OF A DEAD ARTIST but hey that's showbusiness for you. RCA records "BOUGHT" Britney with a contract of milions to be able to put music out so they will make profit out of the contract. It kinda's only fair for them to try to get their invested money back.

Well, technically those dead artists agreed to record that music before their passing. Why is that situation disgusting and Britney's isn't? At the end of the day, the labels "bought" those dead artists at the time of recording the material they release when they pass. 

24 minutes ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

Britney herself has expressed that she will not work for Jamie anymore. And will only work once Jamie is removed. 

she is boycotting her own brand. She didn’t even post a single thing about the song.

yet some members here are like pushing for streaming parties and what not. Do you have any respect for Britney’s autonomy? 

It is one thing to buy / stream the song, but to go and act as if nothing is going on and rally up people to stream / buy it? 

All while Lou is using Britney’s money to file law suits against fans?? While James’ new litigation team gets paid 5k$ an hour? 

Like how ****ed up do you want this situation to be to boycott this brand and say ‘that’s enough’. 

You’re free to spend your money and time the way you like, but don’t turn into James’ lackeys by promoting the song. 

THIS! You couldn't express it better!