Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Not people relying on Britney said she won't work - she didn't work recently for this.

This is done, this is no 'new' work, she's not going to be out doing interviews, filming a music video, performing etc.

This is probably a contractual obligation of RCA's and they probably own the rights to the song and are able to release. Streaming barely makes an artist much money, this is not a full album campaign and is NOT being promoted to the high heavens.

You guys get off your high horse, you're the same people who praise how many streams toxic got recently, the same people who will STILL listen to the song anyway.

If people want to buy/stream let them, it is their decision.

Britney was evidently SO happy when Glory and Mood Ring did really well and even went to the effort of requesting a new cover etc. Britney appears to LOVE glory and this could be another thank you.

If you do not agree with what i've said that is completely fair enough, just don't be hypocrites about it when you praise songs doing well and celebrated mood ring going to number one. 

Just to re-iterate it is probably a contractual obligation, not much money will be made from streams and Britney did not work recently for this and there will be no promotion. This could potentially just be a thank you to fans, who knows? We'll see one day, but not supporting Britney only makes her suffer. Plus with Bessemer involved with the finances of course they are going to ensure there is no longer any dodgy business.

Stop attacking each other, if you disagree that's fine just be more respectful. 

I respect how you presented this so much, tbh.

But, I disagree. I think they literally released a rough 10 second clip of a demo to tease the final version that’s two months away! That’s plenty of time to master, etc. The cover is literally Mood Ring/Glory font with an old photo- probably took a few minutes to create.

The timing is WAY too sus. Literally less than 24 hrs after major news outlets start to pick up yesterday’s court hearing info. I think this is totally a distraction. And Britney has yet to mention it- that’s speaks volumes too.

• Like 4

Jamie, RCA and UO are making money from this, all three parties. Why an artist would sign with a record label if he/she doesn't get money from it? :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And about that UO "already paid" isn't an excuse to support this.

I mean we are all fans of her music, that's why we're here, but right now there is more important things that complete your vinyl collection (and no, that you have vinyls or more vinyls than others doesn't make you a better fan :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:)

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Jamie, RCA and UO are making money from this, all three parties. Why an artist would sign with a record label if he/she doesn't get money from it? :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And about that UO "already paid" isn't an excuse to support this.

I mean we are all fans of her music, that's why we're here, but right now there is more important things that complete your vinyl collection (and no, that you have vinyls or more vinyls than others doesn't make you a better fan :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:)

What sucks so bad about it is, LOOK AT THAT ALBUM COVER! Why didn't they use that for the glory album cover? Or the new make me cover? I really think she was behind Glory, she was acting excited and like herself during that era. 

I honestly think she was behind the original make me video, I think that she had a lot of ideas and they won't let her express her ideas. I think that caused her to lose interest in that era. In fact I think that's been the issue since the breakdown, they won't let her take charge.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Lol that emoji is me reading the excuses ppl came up with today

it feels like the twilight zone when so many people are so oblivious

All the money's connected either directly or indirectly it feels so obvious lol

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, lappyhunt1024 said:

What sucks so bad about it is, LOOK AT THAT ALBUM COVER! Why didn't they use that for the glory album cover? Or the new make me cover? I really think she was behind Glory, she was acting excited and like herself during that era. 

I know, I love the cover and like the preview (the song is already in my head) and I hate how this feels :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

They completely ruined Glory with all the Make Me fiasco and screenshots

• Love 2
7 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

It's exciting to listen something new by Britney, of course. And I got all the hype from the snipped but I'm not going to support it. The whole release and timing is disgusting and I'm not going to buy it.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians GIF by E!

#FREEBRITNEY and then, I'll give my money and streams to the brand again. 

C52CA173-6AA2-43D1-A963-859251DCE726.jpeg

Don’t sweat it boo, I ordered two so I’ve got yours covered. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, davidspears said:

Did Britney tell you that personally?

Britney hasn't told any of us anything personally, so by your standards should we all just mind our own business and say nothing and keep buying all things Britney like we did the first ten years of her conservatorship?:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Of course we shouldn't bc it wasnt until we got vocal and stopped buying their crap like The Zone experience that things stated to change and now her whole team looks like clowns.:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Still can't believe you said the "Free Britney hype has been orchestrated by the media, and who is to say the court documents are actually legit?" :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

The Court docs are all verifiable And the media has orchestrated nothing but counter attacks to the free Britney movement. Independent journalists r the only ones trying to tell the full story.

• Love 5

I dont think convincing other side of each panel will work. Put that energy in trending free britney.

Unfortunately, last thing they released, Mood Ring 'by demand' reached number 1. easily. even when someone people love to call an icon and legend Lady gaga just released her new fresh album featuring ARIANA GRANDE AND BLACKPINK. Britney still reached number 1.

I havent participated in it, nor I have any plans to.

Basically Britney army is 2 groups of people 1. people that stan music only 2. people that fell in love with artist behind that music.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

Honestly, as silly as it may sound I am actually conflicted on how to feel about this.

I will always support Britney because I believe in her (and lets be honest girl knows how to make amazing music!!) but I just don't trust the push behind it considering the 'team' behind her.

Think that I think that we need to wait and hear it from her lips that she supports this.. I think that we need to wait and hear it from her lips that she supports this

2 hours ago, Sia said:

Don’t sweat it boo, I ordered two so I’ve got yours covered. 

“Hey vegan, don’t worry: I am eating two strips of bacon, so I’ve got you covered.”

Yeah, it’s as disgusting as that. Don’t overstep your boundaries just to try and sound funny: you’re not. You’re just being repulsive.

• Love 4