Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

4 hours ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

The point isn't to cut Britney off from any income

imagine if everybody stopped buying everything from Britney?

she'd suffer the most

Just sayin' :-)

this doesn't seem like a good strategy

Argee and disagree. Britney can make money in no time once she's free. 

On interviews alone she can get millions back, documentary etc. New music will fly once it will be Britney the person not the brand.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I'm afraid it's not up to me to decide whether it's going to flop or not. How exactly do you want to break this vicious cycle when Britney the person is at the heart of it? The problem is with her team which are on the peripheral side. That is being fought by Britney herself in court right now. I don't have access to it, I'm afraid.

Imagine if you would have acces... :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

I'm ok, babe, genuinely 🙄 Everyone in this thread, huh? No it's u, pickle, game of thrones, aaa, and crazy whatever. Everyone else is calling out this shameless cash grab. And then there's Jordan always playing the middle saying stream the song.

Yes streaming the song and buying the record makes them money bc it creates a market for them to make more deals where Urban PAYS her label for the rights and her label pays HER TEAM. It can't be explained to you any better than Scrappy did so hope that was blunt enough for you to comprehend.

Insulting someone’s intelligence on an online message board, a Britney Spears one at that, says more about you than the other person.

Many people here don't understand... IT'S IN COURT DOCUMENTS, Jamie is the one receiving money, he is the one who prefers give money to Lou than Britney, he is the one using that money to fight her in court, he is the one who use that excuse (that without him, she will not be successful) to still treat her like a racehorse.

What the F is wrong with all of you who defends this kind of stuff? Where is your "free Britney"? There is more important things than your freaking vinyl collection :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

And no, she is not the one who's releasing this, the new Glory cover, Mood Ring or My Only Wish, she is refusing to work because she doesn't want to give more money and reasons to her father to still treat her like a slave. All the royalties goes to James Spears, don't you get it?!

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
Just now, SkyNet said:

Argee and disagree. Britney can make money in no time once she's free. 

On interviews alone she can get millions back, documentary etc. New music will fly once it will be Britney the person not the brand.

Agree. But she's not broke. IDK how much "allowance" they actually give her but she's not suffering from a flop song. Even if the song went number one they'd still give her the same allowance imo.

So i don't see a reason to buy or stream the song.

1 minute ago, PrettyGorl said:

Agree. But she's not broke. IDK how much "allowance" they actually give her but she's not suffering from a flop song. Even if the song went number one they'd still give her the same allowance imo.

So i don't see a reason to buy or stream the song.

Oh I ain't buying anything until those leeches are out. :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Insulting someone’s intelligence on an online message board, a Britney Spears one at that, says more about you than the other person.

When did I insult anyone's intelligence? Lol she was literally asking if I was okay in the head. You know shaming mental illness? That thing people did to Britney.

You're so one sided it's absurd

• Love 1

I don't understand why some people on here can't accept that people think and feel differently and choose to act on those thoughts and feelings differently. Do whatever you want with your money but don't condemn others for how they spend or don't spend theirs. Just don't support it if you don't want to and support it if you want to. You're not right just because you think you're right and everyone isn't wrong because you disagree. It's just a choice you make for yourself.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Many people here don't understand... IT'S IN COURT DOCUMENTS, Jamie is the one receiving money, he is the one who prefers give money to Lou than Britney, he is the one using that money to fight her in court, he is the one who use that excuse (that without him, she will not be successful) to still treat her like a racehorse.

What the F is wrong with all of you who defends this kind of stuff? Where is your "free Britney"? There is more important things than your freaking vinyl collection :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

And no, she is not the one who's releasing this, the new Glory cover, Mood Ring or My Only Wish, she is refusing to work because she doesn't want to give more money and reasons to her father to still treat her like a slave. All the royalties goes to James Spears, don't you get it?!

PREACH. 

I MEAN, I'M NOT AGAINST TO THOSE WHO DECIDE TO SUPPORT THE SONG, BUT YOU'RE MAKING SOME POINTS!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Aaaand you have nothing else to say. Thank, godney🙏

Well I edited my comment before you could quote it. People just need to accept that people feel differently. You feel one way and that's fine. Don't spend your money. And I feel another way, that's fine. I already spent it lol. Neither one of us is "right" or "wrong" and we can both argue our side all night but I have a life and things to get to as I'm sure you do.

So enjoy the thread but I'm gonna run and spend time with people in the real world ha. I can only really take Breathe Heavy in small small doses and I've already been on here long enough today checking on this thread haha. Have fun fightin everybody :eyes_britney_laugh:

25 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

I'm ok, babe, genuinely 🙄 Everyone in this thread, huh? No it's u, pickle, game of thrones, aaa, and crazy whatever. Everyone else is calling out this shameless cash grab. And then there's Jordan always playing the middle saying stream the song.

Yes streaming the song and buying the record makes them money bc it creates a market for them to make more deals where Urban PAYS her label for the rights and her label pays HER TEAM. It can't be explained to you any better than Scrappy did so hope that was blunt enough for you to comprehend.

Except that is wrong. 

It does not create a market to make more deals. The deals have been made, years ago. UO does not pay her team, they pay RCA, that owns the distribution rights (not her team). Her team gets paid by the shareholders (the people funding RCA). The shareholders don’t make money off of one artist, but many. So you buying this single does not in any way influence or contribute to team Britney Spears.

Is that clear now? You thinking there is a direct correlation between us and her team getting money doesn’t mean there is one. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

so are you though

No I'm not. I said you can still listen to the song but find another way. That's not one sided.

I even said I can respect people who stream it if they acknowledge that it's counterproductive. But u and ur crew r acting like it's what Britney wants or it's best for her which is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, PrettyGorl said:

No I'm not. I said you can still listen to the song but find another way. That's not one sided.

I even said I can respect people who stream it if they acknowledge that it's counterproductive. But u and ur crew r acting like it's what Britney wants or it's best for her which is ridiculous.

I never said that, go back through the threads. But see my reply above. I'm gonna run. Enjoy your night BH.

1 minute ago, A.a.A said:

Except that is wrong. 

It does not create a market to make more deals. The deals have been made, years ago. UO does not pay her label, they pay the RCA team that owns the distribution rights (not her team). Her team gets paid by the shareholders (the people funding RCA). The shareholders don’t make money off of one artist, but many. So you buying this single does not in any way influence or contribute to team Britney Spears.

Is that clear now? You thinking there is a direct correlation between us and her team getting money doesn’t mean there is one. 

And RCA pay Jamie the royalties :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: How do you think record labels works?

• Like 1