Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

16 minutes ago, Arthurfleck said:

I disagree. In the last ten years this is the first time conservators will be under real scrutiny. This is probably her release with most chances of benefiting her: much more than circus, ff, bj and Glory. She’s about to get free and about to take over her businesses, so shut up and support Britney! 

How is it benefitting her? If she supported the release don't you think she would have gotten to a studio to finish recording the vocals?

5 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

How is it the same if you illegally download ?

Legally and illegally downloads garner different results. Hence the "il"

There's always middle ground when supporting a movement. But there's no middle ground on the fact that the best way to not support her team financially RIGHT NOW is listen by unofficial means. Thats a fact.

No that is anything but a fact.

All you are doing is spreading misinformation. What you are saying is wrong.

Stop spreading your opinions and stating them as a fact when you clearly do not have a proper understanding of this situation.

Everyone here is trying to have civil discourse about it, but you keep commenting and setting the conversation as a whole back.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You’re illegally downloading and stealing from an artist. No facts just opinions you’re spitting. Whatever helps you sleep at night though 

And you're supporting an operation (her management, her team, her label, morally corrupt Urban Outfitters) that has been stealing Britney's money and freedom for over a decade. Whatever helps you sleep at night though 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

honestly, what do you think will happen the day Britney stops working or dies?

Look at MJ, Whitney, ... EVERY record company releases music past-mortum of the dead artist which is pretty much without their consent and is rather disguisting AS THEY'RE MAKING MONEY OF A DEAD ARTIST but hey that's showbusiness for you. RCA records "BOUGHT" Britney with a contract of milions to be able to put music out so they will make profit out of the contract. It kinda's only fair for them to try to get their invested money back.

I would totally boycot this IF and ONLY IF they made Britney record new music or shoot an album cover AGAINST HER WILL but since this was recorded and shot BEFORE she refused to work, she kinda DID CONSENT to this. Britney didn't put a finger into this project past the Glory era so what harm does this do to her honestly?

I mean then you should boycot the 20th aniverssary LP's, you should not be streaming her music on Spotify etc and you shouldn't be watching her music videos on Youtube....

Boycotting doesn't mean boycot 1 thing, it means boycot EVERYTHING but I bet you watch her music vids.

She recorded this during glory where she seemed to be pretty involved and she didn’t include it on the album so I think it’s safe to assume she didn’t want to release this. That’s not what boycotting means actually, it doesn’t have to be everything. You are right she is making money from streams and such but that is all stuff she put out and wanted to put out.

This release surely won’t be a big success regardless. It’s an old song so do what you want, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable supporting it when one day ago her lawyer told the world she wasn’t working because of her father and now we’re supposed to support a song her father had a hand in releasing most likely against her knowledge. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

It's exciting to listen something new by Britney, of course. And I got all the hype from the snipped but I'm not going to support it. The whole release and timing is disgusting and I'm not going to buy it.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians GIF by E!

#FREEBRITNEY and then, I'll give my money and streams to the brand again. 

C52CA173-6AA2-43D1-A963-859251DCE726.jpeg

It´s an 8000 limited copy vinyl, which means most of the profit it for Urban Outfitters, and the rest is for the music label. Britney or her team ain't going to benefit from that, and if they did, we are talking about 135K dollars, minus taxes, minus Urban Outfitters profit, minus music label profit...

I dont think this is about money, rather to distract the Free Britney movement.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

No that is anything but a fact.

All you are doing is spreading misinformation. What you are saying is wrong.

Stop spreading your opinions and stating them as a fact when you clearly do not have a proper understanding of this situation.

Everyone here is trying to have civil discourse about it, but you keep commenting and setting the conversation as a whole back.

How is it not a fact that the best, most effective way to not give Britney's team team money is by listening to this song by alternative, unofficial means? What's a more effective way to not give ANY of them any money?

Lol

you're projecting so much. Please stop. Britney does not need the money. She is obviously is not deeply involved in this release. We should not be buying into this song.

57 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I personally think it's possible to support #FreeBritney and this new song at the same time. I understand why some fans don't want to listen to / support Swimming in the Stars. I just feel like Britney has already had so much taken from her, I don't want to take away the music, too. People deserve to remember that she's an artist too, not just a woman trapped in this ongoing legal nightmare. Even if that means the powers at be slightly benefit. It's only temporary. They are on their way out!! Let's support Britney's artistry. BUT again, I also understand not wanting to be a part of this. 

Well, not sure, she clearly said: I’m not working... so she is not working... this is clearly an easy easy cash attempt  from her team... and I don’t think she approves or feels happy. Let’s wait and see if she says something in the future. Right now, if you love her, you have to support her wishes and don’t support this. Sorry, but it’s clear to me. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: 

• Like 2

I agree with this somewhat.

I understand why people want to hear it and that’s fine. I want to hear it too.

But I will not be buying this or streaming this legally because her handlers will be profiting from that (probably more than she will).

Also, that “clip” sounds sketchy af - like another Myah/Britney mashup.

Wouldnt surprise me if this was a really rough, unfinished demo from Glory and they’ve hired a ghost vocalist to tidy it up so they can release it and get money cause Britney is refusing to work.

:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

It´s an 8000 limited copy vinyl, which means most of the profit it for Urban Outfitters, and the rest is for the music label. Britney or her team ain't going to benefit from that, and if they did, we are talking about 135K dollars, minus taxes, minus Urban Outfitters profit, minus music label profit...

Good point about it being more of a distraction. But if it does well, who's to say they can't make this their new business model and do bigger releases. Why support it and give them any more fuel and encouragement?

We can listen to the song without streaming or buying it and have it be just between us and our earphones.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

But they can't distract us, give us Rebellion, that would be a more fitting themesong for the Britney-movement.:letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

6 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

How is it not a fact that the best, most effective way to not give Britney's team team money is by listening to this song by alternative, unofficial means? What's a more effective way to not give ANY of them any money?

Lol

you're projecting so much. Please stop. Britney does not need the money. She is obviously is not deeply involved in this release. We should not be buying into this song.

Are you feeling ok? I'm genuinely asking, because it has literally been stated countless times in this thread, that your actively participating in, that that isn't how music/money work.

So no it is not the best, most effective way to not give them money, since buying it will not make them any money in the first place. Do you understand now?

So your whole point doesn't make any sense. That is what everyone in this thread is trying to explain to you over and over again. So you telling people what is morally right and wrong is thus nonsense. 

• Love 1

Britney’s not actually promoting the single. She hasn’t announced it. That tells me everything I need to know about this. I’m not interested in getting behind a song that clearly was unreleased for a reason and now doesn’t have the backing of the artist whom recorded it. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

Are you feeling ok? I'm genuinely asking, because it has literally been stated countless times in this thread, that your actively participating in, that that isn't how music/money work.

So no it is not the best, most effective way to not give them money, since buying it will not make them any money in the first place. Do you understand now?

So your whole point doesn't make any sense. That is what everyone in this thread is trying to explain to you over and over again. So you telling people what is morally right and wrong is thus nonsense. 

Esp by supporting illegally downloading content. The hypocrisy. 

2 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

Britney’s not actually promoting the single. She hasn’t announced it. That tells me everything I need to know about this. I’m not interested in getting behind a song that clearly was unreleased for a reason and now doesn’t have the backing of the artist whom recorded it. 

I doubt you'll never ever listen to it lol

Just now, A.a.A said:

I'm ok, babe, genuinely 🙄 Everyone in this thread, huh? No it's u, pickle, game of thrones, aaa, and crazy whatever. Everyone else is calling out this shameless cash grab. And then there's Jordan always playing the middle saying stream the song.

Yes streaming the song and buying the record makes them money bc it creates a market for them to make more deals where Urban PAYS her label for the rights and her label pays HER TEAM. It can't be explained to you any better than Scrappy did so hope that was blunt enough for you to comprehend.

• Like 1