Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

1 minute ago, the_blackout said:

I don't even see why you people are arguing about smh We ALL are going to listen to the song and celebrate it. But we won't buy it ! IF Britney needed the money, she would've been working her *** off, but she's not. She's enjoying life right now ! So it's clear that the ones who need the money is her "Team". 

Enjoy Britney's music and don't give them your money. Simple as that. 

It doesn’t work like that. By listening to it you’re still contributing to whatever the hell you’re boycotting. Illegally download or paid, it’s all the same. You’re free to do what you want, but don’t shoot other people down for buying it either if you’re going to listen to it. You’re either all in or all out. There’s no middle ground 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I personally think it's possible to support #FreeBritney and this new song at the same time. I understand why some fans don't want to listen to / support Swimming in the Stars. I just feel like Britney has already had so much taken from her, I don't want to take away the music, too. People deserve to remember that she's an artist too, not just a woman trapped in this ongoing legal nightmare. Even if that means the powers at be slightly benefit. It's only temporary. They are on their way out!! Let's support Britney's artistry. BUT again, I also understand not wanting to be a part of this. 

Anyone is free to listen to the song, but its morally wrong to spend your hard earned cash and try and make this song chart (which is not new, btw), knowing damn well she isn't even on board with this (it's came out fresh off her lawyer's mouth yesterday)

• Love 3
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I personally think it's possible to support #FreeBritney and this new song at the same time. I understand why some fans don't want to listen to / support Swimming in the Stars. I just feel like Britney has already had so much taken from her, I don't want to take away the music, too. People deserve to remember that she's an artist too, not just a woman trapped in this ongoing legal nightmare. Even if that means the powers at be slightly benefit. It's only temporary. They are on their way out!! Let's support Britney's artistry. BUT again, I also understand not wanting to be a part of this. 

It's very that. I mentioned in another thread that boycotts aren't very effective & ultimately very little of what we do is going to have an impact on the court proceedings. I'm always going to be celebrating Britney if it's through her music or otherwise. I'ma stream that **** heavy. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Same here. I stand by my statements that the people that are so pressed about others buying them is that they themselves either can’t buy them or don’t want to spend that much on them. Yet they’re here talking about illegally downloading the song. I truly wonder who Britney would support in this scenario (sarcasm). Let people do whatever the hell they want. Support or not support, but keep your two cents to yourself. 

Maybe they're poor

• Like 1
  • Leader
1 minute ago, lilhennythings said:

It's very that. I mentioned in another thread that boycotts aren't very effective & ultimately very little of what we do is going to have an impact on the court proceedings. I'm always going to be celebrating Britney if it's through her music or otherwise. I'ma stream that **** heavy. 

Yea. I do think the middle ground here is to not buy the vinyl, but stream the song. That's a great way to still support #FreeBritney and celebrate her music. But if you buy the vinyl, no judgement here. You do you. I just personally am going to hold off this time. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think we should not support this until we have her endorsement in a video at least, im also hoping her lawyer to have a reaction to this.

Supporting a piece that an artist never wanted to release is going against them :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:, is similar to leaks, "artistic r***" in Madonna words.

Im as thirsty for new music as everybody else, almost 5 years without new music is killing me, but Britney situation is very serious at the moment and our desires can wait, now we should care about her not about us. 

Lets wait and see :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

• Like 3

I really hope Larry isn’t behind any of this. He loves hoping on any media momentum and trying to capitalise on it. 

With abuse allegations it’s difficult to respect a release of any material a day after the fact. Her team should know better. RCA or whoever approved this. James upfront wants to continue to manage her career. Stop supporting his reign on Britney’s estate and art. :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

11 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yea. I do think the middle ground here is to not buy the vinyl, but stream the song. That's a great way to still support #FreeBritney and celebrate her music. But if you buy the vinyl, no judgement here. You do you. I just personally am going to hold off this time. 

To be fair, the deal between RCA and Urban Outfitters for the song has already been made. Britney's team probably already got their small cut from it before today's announcement. At this point, the records probably have already been pressed too so they're just waiting to be sold and the profits will go back to Urban Outfitters.

It's not a traditional deal like with newly released music where every sale or stream directly supports the artist. It's not "helping" the conservatorship to buy an already pressed and paid for vinyl for your collection. You could argue that not creating a demand for these vinyls might prompt UO to stop making these deals with RCA but again, the vinyls are getting pressed no matter what at this point. And they're very limited anyway.

• Like 2

I disagree. In the last ten years this is the first time conservators will be under real scrutiny. This is probably her release with most chances of benefiting her: much more than circus, ff, bj and Glory. She’s about to get free and about to take over her businesses, so shut up and support Britney! 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It doesn’t work like that. By listening to it you’re still contributing to whatever the hell you’re boycotting. Illegally download or paid, it’s all the same. You’re free to do what you want, but don’t shoot other people down for buying it either if you’re going to listen to it. You’re either all in or all out. There’s no middle ground 

I will enjoy it in the right time in a legal way (I'm patient, I have a life outside of stressing over a release) but I'm not buying it ! And I'm not shooting you babe, do what pleases you, I couldn't care less.

I'm a fan, not a Stan. that's the difference between us two. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

How is it the same if you illegally download ?

Legally and illegally downloads garner different results. Hence the "il"

There's always middle ground when supporting a movement. But there's no middle ground on the fact that the best way to not support her team financially RIGHT NOW is listen by unofficial means. Thats a fact.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PrettyGorl said:

How is it the same if you illegally download ?

Legally and illegally downloads garner different results. Hence the "il"

There's always middle ground when supporting a movement. But there's no middle ground on the fact that the best way to not support her team financially RIGHT NOW is listen by unofficial means. Thats a fact.

You’re illegally downloading and stealing from an artist. No facts just opinions you’re spitting. Whatever helps you sleep at night though 

• Love 3