Opinion: 'Swimming in the Stars' release is disgusting.

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

4 minutes ago, Needleney said:

It will flop anyways. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I know, all this fuss and moaning and groaning about a limited release of a four year old song that's not intended to become a hit anyway and won't be supported by a video or performances or anything. It's basically just a gift to the fans and will make very, very little money.

4 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Uh duh it's okay. I can't go return my Circus CD from 2009 i got at Best buy, sorry.

Playing the old CDs I already bought does not give her team even a fraction of cent, unlike your streams which add up just like the streams of her millions of other fans.

But the machine earned more from your CD purchase than from my streaming.

I was referring to the moral value of you playing her music. It doesn't make it any better than me streaming it on Spotify, i.e. if we were to be morally charged for our actions, both you and I would be guilty. Let's at least be fair and not selective.

Also, by clicking on her social media accounts, the machine is also making a percentage. I mean, if we're boycotting the brand, let's boycott everything, right? Why is it so selective? That's what I don't understand.

• Love 4

I have mixed emotions about this. I am so excited to hear something new but just the idea that Jamie might use this as a manipulative method to prove something in court (he's making money from Britney's child support or **** like this) makes me so mad. It is so cruel, so injustice and so powerless for Britney.

I hope I am not right

Sick Civil Rights GIF by INTO ACTION 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

But you can let it flop. Nobody ever talked about breaking contacts. Hou can let it flop hard and show them that you are not helping the continuation of the vicious circle. Let's just pretend that people didn't like it. No consequences for that.

I'm afraid it's not up to me to decide whether it's going to flop or not. How exactly do you want to break this vicious cycle when Britney the person is at the heart of it? The problem is with her team which are on the peripheral side. That is being fought by Britney herself in court right now. I don't have access to it, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, QZeusLiquorQ said:

The point isn't to cut Britney off from any income

imagine if everybody stopped buying everything from Britney?

she'd suffer the most

Just sayin' :-)

this doesn't seem like a good strategy

Gurrrl she has enough assets to survive during this protest. She won't starve. However, starving out the leaches that profit off of her sales is something we can do by BOYCOTTING the brand until we #FreeBritney.  Money talks

1 minute ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I'm afraid it's not up to me to decide whether it's going to flop or not. How exactly do you want to break this vicious cycle when Britney the person is at the heart of it? The problem is with her team which are on the peripheral side. That is being fought by Britney herself in court right now. I don't have access to it, I'm afraid.

I have a different perspective. If i do something, it won't have an impact per se. But if everyone does something then we have results.

Don't underestimate the power of doing the right thing as an individual. Imagine the dude that called the gram girls if he thought that his actions were meaningless. We would have nothing.

Actually Britney is trying to break the vicious circle. Otherwise she wouldn't go to courts. She is not the  heart of the circle, the mistreatment and corruption are.

1 minute ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

But the machine earned more from your CD purchase than from my streaming.

I was referring to the moral value of you playing her music. It doesn't make it any better than me streaming it on Spotify, i.e. if we were to be morally charged for our actions, both you and I are guilty. Let's at least be fair and not selective.

Also, by clicking on her social media accounts, the machine is also making a percentage of that. I mean, if we're boycotting the brand, let's boycott everything, right? Why so selective? That's what I don't understand.

You're obviously willing for it to not make sense to you. you're either a paid troll or literally THAT DESPERATE to consume Britney related content.

The albums were bought during a time Britney was free or at least willing to put up with the conservatorship. There was no clear way for us to say the conservatorship is objectively bad until Britney started fighting it again two years ago. Now we KNOW.

So buying her products now is definitely funding these current legal affairs one way or another. it's morally unethical to support this official release given what we know now about her situation.

Honestly, shame on you. Torrent it.

9 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

I learn stuff on here every day. I call out bs when I see it. It's called having character. Maybe you can learn something about it?

So clearly you have learned and understood nothing.. Cool. This conversation now lives in La-La land since you're not even conversing, just talking at me.. What you're saying makes no sense within the context of what we're talking about.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

I AM! At least when they make juvenile excuses for their bad behavior.

I wouldnt judge if ppl said "you know what I am gonna stream it and I know it's wrong and funds the business of britney, but I don't think it's that harmful in the long run."

That's somewhat respectable. But y'all are like "bRiTnEYs TeAm gEtS zeroooo. NoThInG. YoU jUsT dOnT gEt ThE iNdUsTrY. I'm SmArT.":sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:

Agree.

Do u know that meme 10 minutes later.

It literally represents this fandom.

Literally yesterday. Boycott everything brand related,shebis being abused and is afraid of her father. She is refusing to work.

10 minutes later.

Omg new song,**** the conservatorship. What even is that. Let's get her to number one so we can brag to Gaga,,Beyonce stans.

10 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

I know, all this fuss and moaning and groaning about a limited release of a four year old song that's not intended to become a hit anyway and won't be supported by a video or performances or anything. It's basically just a gift to the fans and will make very, very little money.

Um no those vinyls will make a mint and it's literally one song.

Her Vinyls sell well

2 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Um no those vinyls will make a mint and it's literally one song.

Her Vinyls sell well

It's a limited release and they're not even $20. A very, very small percentage of the Urban Outfitters deal will go to anything regarding Britney herself. Most of it will go back to UO and the bulk of the deal will go to RCA.

1 minute ago, A.a.A said:

So clearly you have learned and understood nothing.. Cool. This conversation now lives in La-La land since you're not even conversing, just talking at me.. What you're saying makes no sense within the context of what we're talking about.

No baby you directed the conversation this way. I've learned plenty that's why I'm able to speak at length about this situation. You focused in on one comment I made in jest when I've made many posts on this thread giving plenty of details and support for MY claims. You're doing straight ad hominems. Weak.

1 minute ago, PickleSpears said:

It's a limited release and they're not even $20. A very, very small percentage of the Urban Outfitters deal will go to anything regarding Britney herself. Most of it will go back to UO and the bulk of the deal will go to RCA.

So what. They wouldn't bother if it wasn't gonna make them money. Supporting this primes the pumps for UO and her team to make more money in the future off a woman who refuses to work.

I am not feeding into the Free Britney hype, there may be an element of truth there but a lot of it has been orchestrated by the media, and who is to say the court documents are actually legit? There is plenty we don't know and I don't wish to speculate.

Whilst I do want Britney to be 'free', she herself said on her instagram that she is the happiest she has ever been in her life. Why should we, as fans question that?

I'm sure she has agreed for the single to go ahead for 'the fans'.

I'm going to be purchasing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, alexxxx said:

I don’t care. The money goes to her label, RCA. It’s just a song. Some of you paid thousands of dollars on M&G and contributed much more to the cship.

Why is everyone so bad at debating on here?

That's a bad analogy. 

There have been exactly ZERO meet and greets since Britney refused to stop working two years ago.

And guess who gives Britneys team money. RCA :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:

therefore dont give RCA money

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

I have a different perspective. If i do something, it won't have an impact per se. But if everyone does something then we have results.

Don't underestimate the power of doing the right thing as an individual. Imagine the dude that called the gram girls if he thought that his actions were meaningless. We would have nothing.

Actually Britney is trying to break the vicious circle. Otherwise she wouldn't go to courts. She is not the  heart of the circle, the mistreatment and corruption are.

I think I got misunderstood with the last part. I didn't mean that Britney instigated the vicious cycle but that it directly involves her as a person, i.e. whether the brand would earn or lose money, it directly reflects on her as well, especially for the long run. My problem with the whole thing is that people are equating streaming her music to being responsible for her being in the conservatorship. It's a bit of a stretch. I'm afraid that's not my battle to face but hers. I can only morally support her in this by spreading awareness and being more vocal about it. 

I don't want to take any account for her struggles or wins.

That's like telling me to not watch 'Rosemary's Baby' on Netflix because Roman Polanski was charged with r***. Me watching the movie doesn't contribute to the r*** in any way. Art can be separated from the personal life of the artists. Same goes for Britney.

13 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

You're obviously willing for it to not make sense to you. you're either a paid troll or literally THAT DESPERATE to consume Britney related content.

The albums were bought during a time Britney was free or at least willing to put up with the conservatorship. There was no clear way for us to say the conservatorship is objectively bad until Britney started fighting it again two years ago. Now we KNOW.

So buying her products now is definitely funding these current legal affairs one way or another. it's morally unethical to support this official release given what we know now about her situation.

Honestly, shame on you. Torrent it.

Explain to me how I'm a paid troll when I live on a separate continent from Britney lmao. I just have my own opinion. Agree to disagree. I just find it funny how I'm being attacked and held responsible as if I'm part of the conservatorship or her team.