Britney Spears' new single "Swimming in the Stars" SNIPPET OUT NOW!: the rumored details

Slayer

Britney hasn't acknowledged the song yet so I'm leaning towards not supporting the release (unless she will address it in a video before the release)

I don't think the issue is that because it's an old song Britney hasn't worked for it. The issue is supporting a release (AND future releases) using Britney's name WITHOUT her support. If people buy it, they'll just do it again and again.

I'd prefer a clear point of view by Britney herself but if we're not getting that, I think the court documents and what's going on with #FreeBritney is definitely more in line with NOT supporting the release.

And it's not like you can't listen to the song. Downloading the MP3 for this is just fine. It's not like we haven't done that in the past. 

As for making FreeBritney awareness by using the song. I don't see that happening by using Spotify... And also, there should be a clear #FreeBritney campaign to support this. (And I don't just mean a tweet with the song. )

I would love to see Britney succeed on the charts again. But her success is what drives teamCon as well. So we gotta be careful with that. Britney's happiness > Britney's chart success

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Lemon_Drop said:

THIS. ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

Why are they so vague about the release date? ezgif-3-d0eb933f05c8.gif

because it might be a surprise for the fans? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

I'm more inclined to think it'll be released next Friday 27th, since BS.com site mentions “Swimming in the Stars” will be exclusive to UO for two weeks before hitting DSPs. " -

From my understanding there'll be 2 weeks of exclusive pre-order through UO (pre-order started last wednesday) and then it'll be released on platforms. So if you do the 2-weeks math and take into account songs are released on Fridays, my guess is next Friday 27th :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 3
On 11/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, Shadelena said:

She never said that. She only wants to stop being their puppet and have her own creative control. She also said that she loves singing and being in touch with her fans

Her son did say she was unsure if she wanted to continue music. 

On 11/11/2020 at 11:44 AM, Luxuriou$ said:

well sir i don't know what 5 second low quality clip you've heard but i've heard 12 seconds of high quality clip which im 100% sure Britney's vocals aren't on it... :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Her vocals are sprinkled all over Britney Jean, it's a mix and her and Myah usually. 12 secs is really short

• Super Mods
On 11/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, Musicandsoul said:

The thing is we cant look too crazy!! There is nothing implicating the label other than financial obligations and contracts that ultimately need to be fullfilled. im not saying completely boycott Britneys work, but at the same time we cannot be complicit with the conservatorship. As fans, naturally we are going to be excited for new material and that is OK , but we cannot allow ourselves to become illusioned by it or overtake the need for Britneys freedom. 

personally id like to believe, whether Britney was/is aware of these releases - moodring/new cover and now this (i believe shes behind them) she would get some type of happiness from seeing it top whatever chart, rather than flop. I bet she’ll be overjoyed for some attention on her music other than her demons!  

Right? Like everyone is basically feeding into Jamie’s claims that we’re crazy and believe in conspiracy theories and it doesn’t help to see fans spamming UO with reviews of boycotting. Like they are tainting her image. What Britney is doing is personal to her and I believe she had a hand in this because David’s photos were rejected and you can tell from the new Glory cover that Jamie would say “my baby ain’t gonna display herself to the world like that” and the fact that it was Britney’s idea to use the chains. I feel she’s slowly gaining control, we wouldn’t be getting this type of music if she wasn’t. It’s not the business that bothers her, it’s her personal freedom and I feel she’s slowly gaining it. 

• Like 9
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Peter Pan said:

Britney hasn't acknowledged the song yet so I'm leaning towards not supporting the release (unless she will address it in a video before the release)

I don't think the issue is that because it's an old song Britney hasn't worked for it. The issue is supporting a release (AND future releases) using Britney's name WITHOUT her support. If people buy it, they'll just do it again and again.

I'd prefer a clear point of view by Britney herself but if we're not getting that, I think the court documents and what's going on with #FreeBritney is definitely more in line with NOT supporting the release.

And it's not like you can't listen to the song. Downloading the MP3 for this is just fine. It's not like we haven't done that in the past. 

As for making FreeBritney awareness by using the song. I don't see that happening by using Spotify... And also, there should be a clear #FreeBritney campaign to support this. (And I don't just mean a tweet with the song. )

I would love to see Britney succeed on the charts again. But her success is what drives teamCon as well. So we gotta be careful with that. Britney's happiness > Britney's chart success

I get what you are saying but frankly Teamcon is basically the titanic at this point. People are dropping out like flies and so many are coming out with stories like on the gram podcast. Having Bessemer onboard gives me comfort. 

Also release your album so we can be distracted :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

12 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Right? Like everyone is basically feeding into Jamie’s claims that we’re crazy and believe in conspiracy theories and it doesn’t help to see fans spamming UO with reviews of boycotting. Like they are tainting her image. What Britney is doing is personal to her and I believe she had a hand in this because David’s photos were rejected and you can tell from the new Glory cover that Jamie would say “my baby ain’t gonna display herself to the world like that” and the fact that it was Britney’s idea to use the chains. I feel she’s slowly gaining control, we wouldn’t be getting this type of music if she wasn’t. It’s not the business that bothers her, it’s her personal freedom and I feel she’s slowly gaining it. 

Wow you are the perfect Fan for Poppa Spears. You buy into all that BS that is just meant to distract.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

That's what Im waiting to form an opinion about its release. If Britney throw some shade in the "Brit Brit style" I'll just download the song illegally and wont stream it at all :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

I don't think we will hear anything on it from Britney. She hasn't spoke out, she isn't going to. I think it is smart for her to just let the lawyers do their thing, since the media is so hard on her. We have to look at the court docs on how she feels. She said she isnt working, so she won't be saying anything about it....she has no management now so no one is going to announce or do anything. I wonder who there even is to push out to the digital platforms? Unless Lou did all that before quitting. 

This song is some left over deal that Lou/Tristar made, that was put in motion long ago. Probs right around the time of the Mood Ring release. Ill listen but, I don't have an expectations for the song.....i even wonder if it will go to itunes/spotify. Who is there to manage anything?! lol

1 hour ago, Kevney said:

Wow you are the perfect Fan for Poppa Spears. You buy into all that BS that is just meant to distract.

Agreed.

Im not supporting this or anything she releases until she is free from her abusive father. Britney was extremely clear when she said through her lawyer she REFUSES to work while her father is in control. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Puppy said:

Exactly. I feel so too. Its been a build up from the cancellation of Domination. All these steps shes having to go through, are the steps of the system and i strongly feel shes been tirelessly working to get out of it it. Glory, i feel reignited her interest in the musical scene and she seemed so driven and focused. Everything was on point. 

Ultimately, for some reason i do feel these are little things Britney has somehow done. The original Glory cover, Mood Rings inclusion on the tracklist, Swimming in The Stars..  the giveaway was ANOTHER Dave Lachapelle cover. It seems like Britney. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kevney said:

Her vocals are sprinkled all over Britney Jean, it's a mix and her and Myah usually. 12 secs is really short

Not only Britney Jean, she did Femme Fatale and Circus (the song) as well and listen to "I feel the adrenaline moving..." part til the chorus starts, i can clearly hear her voice. 

She did backgroundvocals... but: 

02:20 and 12:50 for example, not Britney at all?

04:35 is really brave tbh Claude Kelly is so talented. 

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, Musicandsoul said:

Exactly. I feel so too. Its been a build up from the cancellation of Domination. All these steps shes having to go through, are the steps of the system and i strongly feel shes been tirelessly working to get out of it it. Glory, i feel reignited her interest in the musical scene and she seemed so driven and focused. Everything was on point. 

Ultimately, for some reason i do feel these are little things Britney has somehow done. The original Glory cover, Mood Rings inclusion on the tracklist, Swimming in The Stars..  the giveaway was ANOTHER Dave Lachapelle cover. It seems like Britney. 

As a long time fan, you know when she has put her touch to things. Even many fans were saying that we finally get that Britney touch that has been missing in the past recent records. Interviews she was saying how she was not happy with the previous album and that she had to step in and really get dirty and it shows.

She’s always been a consistent person, when she says something she means it.  Ever since 2008 she has been doing everything she can to get out of the cship and a lot of us on here can tell but  her team is lucky to have the media on their hands to cover things up yet everyone here acts like Britney just woke up and finally got some sense knocked into her. Give the girl more credit than that.

• Love 3