This Day in Pop: Britney performs at the MTV Europe Music Awards in 1999 (November 11)

britemas.jpg.59cd10a491e991bafbf9eddaae783c9b.jpg e517fca67cceb095dd94da0e5f5b51d9.jpg

On November 11, 1999, the MTV Europe Music Awards took place in Dublin, Ireland at The Point Theatre. Several artists performed that night, including Mariah Carey, The Corrs, Marilyn Manson, and our beloved Britney Spears, among others.

Britney took the stage to perform a medley of ...Baby One More Time and (You Drive Me) Crazy. She also won the 4 categories she was nominated for: Best Song (...Baby One More Time), Best Female, Breakthrough Artist and Best Pop.

Britney-all-black-stage-1999-MTV-Europe-

XRAY_EMA_281129.jpg

XRAY_EMA_28329.jpg

XRAY_EMA_28229.jpg

XRAYBackstage_28129.jpg

XRAYBackstage_28129.png

XRAYBackstage_28229.jpg

XRAYBackstage_28229.png

XRAYBackstage_28829.jpg

ShowEMA_28129.jpg

ShowEMA_28329.jpg

XRAY_EMAPRESS_282929.jpg

XRAY_EMAPRESS_281829.jpg

XRAY_EMAPRESS_285329.jpg

XRAY_EMAPRESS_282029.jpg

• Love 8

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Twitter Team
36 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

They did but it only appeared at the top 15 :jackk_alien:

Did it? When I watched the EMAs the other day they only shared the top 10 though... which focused wayyy too much on the 2010s.

Either way, this performance is ICONIC. So much energy. Deffo one of the best moments of the EMAs in my opinion anyway.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Did it? When I watched the EMAs the other day they only shared the top 10 though... which focused wayyy too much on the 2010s.

Either way, this performance is ICONIC. So much energy. Deffo one of the best moments of the EMAs in my opinion anyway.

Oh yeah yr right. It appeared in the top 10, but deserved top 3 wbk :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 1