Britney Spears readies new single "Swimming in the Stars"

17 minutes ago, rr_174 said:

sorry if is already posted

Lmao that weird flex at the end. She had to let us know she owns a house (by herself.) 

Homegirl feeling some type of way. :clownery_makeup_meme:

She can brag about being a Britney stan all she wants but I will never forget her unnecessary diss track when Britney was at her lowest: "Don't take my kids from me".

Tells me all I need to know...

• Love 1

Well what is sure is that this release is messy. No official announcement, not even an announcement to announce the announcement ! 
just a vinyl preorder and some rumors about a digital release date...

it makes me think that it’s clearly not her « team » behind that because they would have promote it harder on social medias. 
such a « secret » release feels more like only UO or RCA actions. Like they did with the messy best of we had after « the singles collection »

but I might be wrong about this. 

36 minutes ago, Cheshire-B said:

Well what is sure is that this release is messy. No official announcement, not even an announcement to announce the announcement ! 
just a vinyl preorder and some rumors about a digital release date...

it makes me think that it’s clearly not her « team » behind that because they would have promote it harder on social medias. 
such a « secret » release feels more like only UO or RCA actions. Like they did with the messy best of we had after « the singles collection »

but I might be wrong about this. 

I think it’s just meant to make easy money and also just be for fans. 

Maybe also for her contract because she isn’t making new music right now. 

This song isn’t meant to do well. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 11/12/2020 at 9:44 AM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

Sorry... in the video the information is confusing...

Anyways, in the written news posted in Billboard.com, it says it's released in digital and streaming websites in 2 weeks (who knows starting from when). 

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/uo-exclusive-singles-day-limited-lp-9?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=001&searchparams=q%3Dbritney%20spears&type=REGULAR&size=ONE SIZE&quantity=1

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9482126/britney-spears-previously-unreleased-song-swimming-in-the-stars

I feel like it's pure coincidence that the new single/vinyl was announced just after her court appearance. There's all these other artists that are a part of this batch of unreleased singles vinyls for UO. Are all the other artist playing a roll in exploiting Britney? I highly doubt that.

When I read that she's refusing to work as long as her father is in charge, I took it as her saying she's not going to perform anymore. It's obvious by now that making and releasing new music isn't bringing in that much money. I assume that getting into multi-million dollar contracts to do residencies, and tours probably generates more money than perfumes and music combined. Maybe that was Jamie's go-to way of making lots of money for him to pocket for himself. And maybe that's what she meant when she said "work". Idk.

Even if you want to believe that this was intentionally released to psychology taunt Britney, to the extent that she probably doesn't even know about it, how is that "working"?? If that's truly the case ofc it looks shady that her team/RCA is releasing new music without her knowledge. I just feel that the amount of "work" she had to do with releasing this song wouldn't have even required her to get off the couch. The cover is from 2016, it isn't from a new photoshoot that was taken recently where it would've required her to get off her *** and "work".

If a majority of fans decide to boycott this release it will probably do more harm than good. It would plummet off the charts so fast, RCA could just give up on Britney and severely reduce the amount of money they invest in her when she makes new music. It could probably make Britney feel like nobody is here for her anymore, not even her own fans. Like why would she want to even make new music if she knows nobody is going to listen to it or even care? It could demoralize tf out of her.

It's highly likely that the whole Mood Ring release was her idea. Maybe this is too? This could also be another song she really liked that the label rejected. Why tf would her team be ok with having the cover feature the chain/slave imagery, knowing it would fan the flames of the #freebritney movement? If the Mood Ring release was truly Britney's idea, it's safe to assume she played a role in asking David LaChapelle if she could use one of the photos from his shoot, if that's the case maybe she did the same for this new release? I dont think David LaChapelle would let Britney's team use one of his photos without his permission. He would definitely say something about it on Twitter. 

When the song is released digitally, she will make a post about it on her IG. If she gushes about how much she liked the song or how much enjoyed recording it, then its safe to assume that she at least played a role in its release. If the caption is just a link to Spotify/Apple music, along with a vague comment and emojis, I would think she didn't have a role in it. Or if she doesn't even post about it at all. 

Some of yall are being super dramatic about this. I dont think supporting this new unreleased single is somehow invalidating Britney's humanity and some of yall fail to realize or even consider the potentially long-term consequences of boycotting it into obscurity.

None of us except Britney herself knows about how she feels about this. We can speculate all day that her father is being shady money grabbing ****, or that her team is trying to demoralize her or whatever. We most likely will never know. I'm just weighing the outcomes on supporting this release vs boycotting it and the former will most likely have more positive outcomes, at very least be good for her career. Boycotting will probably just tell the label that she's not worth investing any more money into. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 11/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, Needleney said:

People who really messaged her to ask if it is her on SITS are just...stupid.:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

they didn't even bother to message her first, they faked an image of an alleged conversation with her, where she supposedly says it's her singing the new song :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired: 

that's why she made the video to address the fake picture and all the accusations she always receives 

22 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

they didn't even bother to message her first, they faked an image of an alleged conversation with her, where she supposedly says it's her singing the new song :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired: 

that's why she made the video to address the fake picture and all the accusations she always receives 

What is ******* wrong with those people?

Seriously, those people are members of the Britney army?