Is Britney legally able to get out of her RCA contract?

nakedsoldier

I think she has like 3 albums left to release with them right? But IF Jamie is removed and she gets on with Bessemer. Is she able to get out of her contract by playing the Conservatorship card and just calling it a day? Like: 'I was under a C-ship and I was not allowed to make decisions for myself'?

Just wondering.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it doesnt work that way. Maybe there was some headline about Britney agreeing with Jamie's decision to renew the contract, even if she doesnt. 

Plus she would certainly have to pay for breach of contract. I've seen some cases that a label wants an artist so much that they take the financial charge on the artist's behalf. But idk if another label would do that for Britney, specially since she hasnt chart for a while.

Still, RCA is the lamest label and their incomes are the lowest in the industry as of late. Britney and her comeback would mean big $$$$$, so I guess they would make sure to not play around with a new era for her. But thats just wishful thinking.

Archived