Kylie - Body Language

babyimmafreak90

On the 10th of November 2003, the Australian Queen of Pop Kylie Minogue released her 9th studio effort Body Language. A highly anticipated album coming in a little more than 2 years after her most widely praised (and totally flawless) album Fever. 

Kylie wasn’t playing around. The lead single Slow was way ahead of its time and, in my opinion, has aged very well. It peaked at number one in Australia, Denmark, Spain and the UK. 

The second single, Red Blooded Woman, peaked in the top 5 in Australia and the UK and is arguably more memorable despite peaking lower than the lead. It became a signature hit for Kylie and, 17 years on, is still a massive bop. 

A third single was also released called Chocolate. Unfortunately it didn’t reach the same success and the first two singles but still peaked in the top 10 in the UK. Actually one of my favourite Kylie tracks, this often gets overlooked in favour of her many classics. 

Body Language marked a change in sound for Kylie, steering away from disco inspired pop to a more mature pop landscape. A bit less floor filler than her two previous albums, it was a refreshing direction and a welcome change. 

Commercially, Body Language peaked at #2 in Australia and #6 in the UK, later being certified as double platinum and platinum respectively. 

With Kylie’s latest album Disco recently released, now is a great time to sift through her previous (and often under appreciated) catalogue. 

What are your thoughts? Comment below :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:  

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, CaulkDestroyer said:

This was the first Kylie album I ever purchased. Still one of my favorite albums from her. I know it gets crap because people say she was trying to sound too "American" with the sound. 

King Kylie stays running Pop!

Kylie tweeted Brit - Page 5 - Britney Spears - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

It was my first Kylie CD too! My older sister had Light Years and Fever, but it wasn’t until Body Language that I stanned. 
How dare people come for her for trying to break into the American market :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

8 minutes ago, CaulkDestroyer said:

How hot was the album's photoshoot! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Kylie Minogue, Body Language Era.Kylie - Body Language - Kylie Minogue Photo (15673962) - FanpopKYLIE MINOGUE BODY LANGUAGE era By Mert & Marcus | Kylie minogue, Kylie,  Kylie minougePACK - Kylie Minogue - Body Language [B-Sides, Demos & Unreleased Songs]  [MA4/MP3] | ShareMania.USKylie - Body Language - Kylie Minogue foto (15673955) - FanpopKAWASAKI A- Duskwayfarer Kylie Minogue - Body Language 2003 Queen of  Unparalleled *** Appeal | *** Meme on ME.MEBody Language Era. | Kylie minogue, Kylie, BardotKylie Minogue's 50 finest songs | Daily Mercury19055753_836544656497594_8435637858886043882_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=_-CsW821bgIAX_px3MM&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=662c299065705caaa0867cb0a75924a8&oe=5FD0D398A couple new Body Language photo outtakes leak - Kylie Minogue - FOTP

And thank you for this. Kylie slayed this era with the looks. Absolute serve. 
I was watching Red Blooded Woman the other day and still stan the skinny jeans and prison stripe top :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I can’t link the pic because I’m useless but y’all know the look.

5 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

It was my first Kylie CD too! My older sister had Light Years and Fever, but it wasn’t until Body Language that I stanned. 
How dare people come for her for trying to break into the American market :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

And thank you for this. Kylie slayed this era with the looks. Absolute serve. 
I was watching Red Blooded Woman the other day and still stan the skinny jeans and prison stripe top :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I can’t link the pic because I’m useless but y’all know the look.

I loved Fever but never bought. My best friend had the album and burned a copy for me. I didnt know about Kylie until Cant Get You Outta My Head, but I was surprised my mom knew her from Locomotion. 

And is this the look you were talking about?

Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003 - Kylie's  Costumes - Culture Victoria

Pin on Kylie'Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003'Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003'Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003

1 hour ago, CaulkDestroyer said:

I loved Fever but never bought. My best friend had the album and burned a copy for me. I didnt know about Kylie until Cant Get You Outta My Head, but I was surprised my mom knew her from Locomotion. 

And is this the look you were talking about?

Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003 - Kylie's  Costumes - Culture Victoria

Pin on Kylie'Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003'Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003'Red Blooded Woman' [2004] video from the album Body Language, 2003

I heard of her around her Impossible Princess era. But she is huge here in Australia so anything she does gets a mention. I liked many of her songs but Body Language was where **** got real. 

AND YAAAASSS :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

How hot is she?! That outfit is everything :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

29 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I heard of her around her Impossible Princess era. But she is huge here in Australia so anything she does gets a mention. I liked many of her songs but Body Language was where **** got real. 

AND YAAAASSS :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

How hot is she?! That outfit is everything :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Oh I'm in U.S.A. so Kylie hasn't had a big presence here, but she should. She is more talented and iconic than more than half these current 20 something b+tches!

Kylie Minogue - Shocked on Make a GIFbirthdays: Kylie Minogue (gifs)Kylie's scene in San Andreas - Page 2 - Kylie Minogue - FOTP

24 minutes ago, CaulkDestroyer said:

Oh I'm in U.S.A. so Kylie hasn't had a big presence here, but she should. She is more talented and iconic than more than half these current 20 something b+tches!

Kylie Minogue - Shocked on Make a GIFbirthdays: Kylie Minogue (gifs)Kylie's scene in San Andreas - Page 2 - Kylie Minogue - FOTP

I’m well aware of America’s crimes against pop music when it comes to their support of Kylie :gunriah_mariah_carey:

She performed at a venue 5 mins from me just under 2 years ago and I’m still kicking myself for being a flop fan and not going :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Archived