What are the biggest problems with the FreeBritney movement today?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest issue with the movement is how the GP understands it, and this is largely due to that TikTok that went viral that “explained” the FreeBritney movement

1. The GP doesn’t really understand the idea of the conservatorship. As a matter of fact, most people I talk to are aware of FreeBritney, but aren’t aware of the conservatorship or know what that even is. They understand Britney’s situation as her being “kidnapped” and she’s being forced to make Instagram videos, and she’s inserting clues into those videos like the stupid “wear yellow if you need help”. They’d understand Britney obviously doesn’t see those comments and wouldn’t wear yellow if she needed help if they knew what her exact limitations are.

2. FreeBritney getting muddled by rumors, flat out untrue facts, and theories. This is another thing perpetuated by that TikTok and viral Instagram posts. People saying “Britney can actually sing like Christina Aguilera” (lmaaoooooo), strange random information about The Original Doll (really y’all, we barely know any FACTUAL information about this “album”, we don’t need to spread info about it to the GP right now, incorrect info at that), and again, stupid theories like the “wear yellow” theory that suggest Britney’s been kidnapped. Her actual reality is far more terrifying than the distorted theories fans are pushing out. When spreading info about FreeBritney to locals, stay true to what’s credible and relevant to the situation.

3. Getting distracted by the brand. Note I’m not saying “supporting” or “not supporting”. This is a fanbase issue. People seem to constantly be arguing about supporting streaming parties, buying merch, whatever. We should be using new releases from Team B to get our word out there about the movement. We can say #BoycotttheBrand and watch everyone argue in the comments, but we should really be using the opportunity to explain *why* we’re doing that. Or even just spamming the comment sections with what’s going on with Britney and hope the word reaches more people. We did this under Jamie Lynn’s stuff for Zoey 101 and I think that was a good example of what we should do for situations like the rerelease of My Only Wish. The fanbase tends to divide when stuff like this happens. Let’s *not* do that. 

That’s honestly just me kinda nitpicking the situation. We’ve been loud and we’ve been heard. Let’s just keep that energy up! Look how far we’ve come! :) 

"We want to get Britney out of conservatorship" 

"Oohh, there's release of old song today, let's buy 100 000 copies and stream it whole day every day"  :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

This is my biggest problem. If the rumours are true Britney is in charge of her Instagram then why she didn't promote it.

Only TeamCon and RCA wants to make money because she refuses to work. 

Archived