"The Boy Band Con", a documentary about the creator (and scammer) behind BSB and *NSYNC!

bitbitboi

I can't believe we're a music forum and we haven't discussed this! (I swear I searched for it before creating this thread)

"The Boy Band Con: The Lou Pearlman Story" is an American documentary film produced by Lance Bass (*NSYNC) that explores the career and legacy of record producer and convicted criminal Lou Pearlman.

It includes interviews with Lance Bass, JC Chasez (*NSYNC), Chris Kirkpatrick (*NSYNC), AJ McLean (BSB), Aaron Carter, Ashley Parker Angel (O-Town), and Justin Timberlake's mother, among others.

Premiere date: March 13, 2019

I just watched it and I'm in shock because I followed the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC as a teenager and I had NO IDEA that all of this was going on behind the scenes...

Also, this makes Britney's conservatorship nothing but a more sophisticated and apparently "legal" way of taking financial advantage of another accomplished artist.

PS: Now the puppets scene in *NSYNC's "Bye Bye Bye" video makes much more sense now:

PS2: Aaron Carter omg..... I can see that Lance added him in there so there's another opinion on Lou Pearlman and the documentary doesn't seem biased, but the evidence against Pearlman is irrefutable and Aaron is clearly not well so I feel like that was kind of shady (and even irresponsable) from Lance as a producer...

What do you guys think about all of this?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Iconic 4 U said:

it's a shame Lou still made a percentage of money from their albums though.

"a percentage"? He basically took most of it; if anything, he gave a percentage to the guys. He gave each one a cheque $10,000 for ----what was it, three years of work? That's nuts for one of the biggest boy bands in the world. Ever.

3 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

"a percentage"? He basically took most of it; if anything, he gave a percentage to the guys. He gave each one a cheque $10,000 for ----what was it, three years of work? That's nuts for one of the biggest boy bands in the world. Ever.

I meant once they left Lou, he still got a percentage of money from their future albums.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 1:54 PM, Iconic 4 U said:

Yeah, I think the lawsuit was mostly about them getting to keep their name.

I remember one interview that Justin said he basically didnt sleep until the lawsuit happened. They really feared theyd lose everything, including Nsync's name. On other interview he said that he was depressed in the past and Britney helped him with that, I wonder if he was talking about the whole lawsuit mess. 

1 minute ago, Bundy said:

I remember one interview that Justin said he basically didnt sleep until the lawsuit happened. They really feared theyd lose everything, including Nsync's name. On other interview he said that he was depressed in the past and Britney helped him with that, I wonder if he was talking about the whole lawsuit mess. 

I learnd about this on a Justin Timberlake biography book I read a lot of time ago. This guy was the worst.

17 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

I learnd about this on a Justin Timberlake biography book I read a lot of time ago. This guy was the worst.

Theres smt about the Lou name, right? Both are ******* leeches creepies.  

Archived