Britney’s music in 2020: The year of the recycle…

In 2020, Britney's "team" [without her consent in most cases] have recycled various songs by re-releasing them and even changing the cover art of her latest album ‘Glory (2016)' back in May of 2020. That same month, "they" re-released the Japanese-exclusive bonus track from the CD ‘Glory’, "Mood Ring (On Demand)". But, the strange trend started back in January 2020, and it was linked to the Britney Spears The Zone (Pop Up Event).

Re-releases by Britney Spears in 2020:

1)      “Toxic (Y2K & Alexander Lewis Remix)”. January 31, 2020.

2)      New digital cover for the ‘Glory (2016)’ album. May 08, 2020.

3)     The new cover generated the ‘Glory’ album to be re-released in all digital and streaming platforms. As a new ‘Glory’ The Digital Standard Version 2020. This happen twice, in May 08 and in May 28, 2020 (at least in YouTube). 

4)      “Mood Ring (On Demand)”. May 28, 2020.

5)      ‘Mood Ring (On Demand) [Remixes]’ – EP. June 25, 2020. This digital EP includes two new remixes, the Pride Remix and Ape Drums Remix from 2020 with new added lyrics by Britney, previously recorded from the 'Glory' recording sessions and previously unreleased until the 2020 remixes.

6)      "Oops!... I Did It Again (20th Anniversary Edition Picture Vinyl)". August 16, 2020. 

7)      "Oops!... I Did It Again (Remixes and B-Sides)". September 26, 2020. This is a vinyl compilation album, released by Legacy Records.

8)      “My Only Wish (This Year)". November 05, 2020. Re-released as a vinyl single with a 'new' cover. 

9)      "Swimming in the Stars". November 11, 2020 (vinyl version by UO/RCA) - December 2, 2020 (digital and streaming). This previously unreleased track from the 'Glory' recording sessions, would be released to the GP (digital & streaming) in two weeks counting from the vinyl release, according to Billboard magazine. 

10)     "Matches" by Britney Spears & Backstreet Boys. December 11, 2020. This previously unreleased track was released with the reissue of the 'Glory' album, as a Deluxe version, with the vinyl LP. 

11)    "Glory (Deluxe)" was re-released (reissue 2020). December 11, 2020. This Deluxe includes an updated cover, plus "Swimming in the Stars", "Matches" and an additional "Mood Ring (Wuki Remix)".    

Re-releases by Britney Spears in 2021:

12)      "Glory: B Sides" (2021) - not official (rumor). 

Is this weird?

• Like 3

I just wish they’d put more time into sorting her Spotify and getting all her singles into some sort of order half her singles are missing and there’s no background videos for any of her songs other than the ones done for Oops! Britney’s videos are iconic they should all be in there! 

Not to mention her videos should be getting remastered into 4K. Her team are so lazy. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

well she hasn't released music in 4 years so at this point her label (and especially her team) must be desperate to make money from her, so they might as well just re-release the old stuff. At this point I could see RCA releasing a compilation of unreleased tracks (like Mariah's The Rarities).

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 5

Yep, the recycle continues in 2020... "Swimming with the Stars" is going to be released in 2 weeks to all digital and streaming platforms. It's already released as a vinyl exclusive unreleased single by UO and RCA. The song is from the recording sessions of the album 'Glory', according to several sources. 

• Love 1

Well she’s refusing to work and RCA needs to do something to make money after all she does still have a contract with them. I’m thinking per the contract she is suppose to have a new album out by now so they’re scrambling to release something from her. It’s also I’m sure their way of trying to keep her somewhat musically relevant, the way music is consumed today doesn’t really allow for long breaks.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Still waiting for Girl in the Mirror (by Demand) :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Honestly if RCA was smart they should release an album of b-sides and unreleased material while she’s not working! If they put enough unreleased songs on it, it could even count as a studio album and fulfill part of her contract.

They probably aren't doing it because fans would think its her team trying to make money like they do with the new single and they can’t afford to put all that money into an album and have it delusionally boycotted but fans that don’t get how music sales work!

• Love 1
  • Like 1