I recorded a motivational speech because 2020 is weird (please watch!)

Hey @Jordan Miller! It's a great video. It's actually very first video of yours I watched and I am shocked. In a good way. I really do appreciate the consistency and 'the flow'. I saw many YouTubers or video creators who made 10 minutes long video knowing half of the video is just them thinking about what they want to communicate. Doing sounds as 'eeeehm' 'hmmmm' etc... I also appreciate how natural you are in front of the camera. (At least it seems to be natural). In addition, your pronunciation is perfect to me. I can clearly understand you (I am non-native and I really struggle to understand some English accents). I like the succulents and the board or the poster in your room. That being said, there's also something I'd like to mention. The video is dark. Even though the light is on, I must say the video is dark, which is a bit off to me. Anyway, nice work and keep it up Jordy! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Loving it, but tune down the background music, it takes away the focus from you a lot, especially if a person is not looking at the vid but has you in the background, it's difficult to focus on your voice and what you're saying. I usually have these types of vids in the background while im working/cooking/cleaning. Other than that, good job.

Also, would be a great idea to have some Exhale members guest in your vid :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Someone who is successful, similar age to yours and has a lot to share etc. (aka me :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 1
  • Leader
21 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Lots of good points!

My only (unwarranted) recommendation (lol) is to spend less time reminding people to comment, like, subscribe. I understand you really want to encourage people to engage with the video to increase your ranking in the algorithm. However, I find this annoying as a viewer, especially if it’s someone who subscribed to your channel and watches most videos and has to keep hearing it over and over. It makes the video longer with “filler.”

If your content is truly of value, then people will like, comment, and subscribe on their own. The repeated advertisements to do these things cheapens the video and the good advice in the video imo.

Keep up the good work! It’s good content, and I think lots of people have potential to find it useful!

Thanks for watching :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: Haha I know I am intense about the sub thing. I'll tone it down on the next one, but I'm worried if I don't remind people they won't do it :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: 

Appreciate the kind words! Looking forward to the next ones!! @Urbanney

• Love 1
  • Leader
7 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

Hey @Jordan Miller! It's a great video. It's actually very first video of yours I watched and I am shocked. In a good way. I really do appreciate the consistency and 'the flow'. I saw many YouTubers or video creators who made 10 minutes long video knowing half of the video is just them thinking about what they want to communicate. Doing sounds as 'eeeehm' 'hmmmm' etc... I also appreciate how natural you are in front of the camera. (At least it seems to be natural). In addition, your pronunciation is perfect to me. I can clearly understand you (I am non-native and I really struggle to understand some English accents). I like the succulents and the board or the poster in your room. That being said, there's also something I'd like to mention. The video is dark. Even though the light is on, I must say the video is dark, which is a bit off to me. Anyway, nice work and keep it up Jordy! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry the video is kind of dark. I think that might be the vignette filter I tried out :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: The original footage is not that dark haha. FML. Thank you again!

• Love 1
  • Leader
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Loving it, but tune down the background music, it takes away the focus from you a lot, especially if a person is not looking at the vid but has you in the background, it's difficult to focus on your voice and what you're saying. I usually have these types of vids in the background while im working/cooking/cleaning. Other than that, good job.

Also, would be a great idea to have some Exhale members guest in your vid :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Someone who is successful, similar age to yours and has a lot to share etc. (aka me :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

Thank you!! Ahh sorry about the music. People were saying my first few videos were odd cause it didn't have music. Then I put music in and :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Leader
6 hours ago, theKARATEkid said:

You are truly an inspiring human being @Jordan Miller , thank you for using your voice and actions this way. Your latest video really touched home with me.

I appreciate your new Youtube project very much and PLEASE continue the good work! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Thank you so much! That's honestly my main goal - to help people. Hopefully these videos will become more wider-reaching in time 🙏 Appreciate the compliments :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Thank you!! Ahh sorry about the music. People were saying my first few videos were odd cause it didn't have music. Then I put music in and :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

no no, music is perfect, just put the volume down a bit so you're dominating the video, not the music :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Hey,

It's a very good video. I like how you gave voice to the interlocutors.

I felt stuck at "What do you want to do" . I am in the change, personally speaking, but I feel lost. I guess I try to live intentionally and sometimes I push myself out of the comfort zone and sometimes I don't have the energy to do so. But the worst is that I think I know what I want therefore I know what to do. I have a plan but I don't want to do it. Might be other psychical influences. 

I loved the crossroad thing :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I think my promise to myself is that in 2021 I will learn a new language: Italian or French. Still undecided. 

The "I believe in you" I think was a little weird. In my opinion it would have been "believe in yourself" or something like that. No judging. 

I would like to add another quote: 

EmkrrbzXYAIUyk7?format=jpg&name=small

Keep doing it!

• Leader
1 hour ago, mihai.serban said:

Hey,

It's a very good video. I like how you gave voice to the interlocutors.

I felt stuck at "What do you want to do" . I am in the change, personally speaking, but I feel lost. I guess I try to live intentionally and sometimes I push myself out of the comfort zone and sometimes I don't have the energy to do so. But the worst is that I think I know what I want therefore I know what to do. I have a plan but I don't want to do it. Might be other psychical influences. 

I loved the crossroad thing :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I think my promise to myself is that in 2021 I will learn a new language: Italian or French. Still undecided. 

The "I believe in you" I think was a little weird. In my opinion it would have been "believe in yourself" or something like that. No judging. 

I would like to add another quote: 

EmkrrbzXYAIUyk7?format=jpg&name=small

Keep doing it!

Appreciate the comment 🙏 

When you say you know what you want... what is it? And what is holding you back from going after it? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Appreciate the comment 🙏 

When you say you know what you want... what is it? And what is holding you back from going after it? 

I think I want to move to another country, one that is homophobic-free and have a normal life, with normal options of living and with a less corrupt system. I think I want to move to France. The reasons that I am not doing it is that I don't know the language, I don't have anybody there, I don't have a job or a place there and I don't have the money to sustain myself for a period of time until I figure all this out. Beside all of this I have another issue: I don't know what am I doing with my life. Therefore I don't want to be in the situation where I don't know what to do while being in a place with better conditions. 

For now I am just letting it be. Give myself time to discover what I want and to know myself better. No pressure. 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:53 AM, mihai.serban said:

I think I want to move to another country, one that is homophobic-free and have a normal life, with normal options of living and with a less corrupt system. I think I want to move to France. The reasons that I am not doing it is that I don't know the language, I don't have anybody there, I don't have a job or a place there and I don't have the money to sustain myself for a period of time until I figure all this out. Beside all of this I have another issue: I don't know what am I doing with my life. Therefore I don't want to be in the situation where I don't know what to do while being in a place with better conditions. 

For now I am just letting it be. Give myself time to discover what I want and to know myself better. No pressure. 

Hey @Jordan Miller, I thought you're going to give me some advice 

:cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:

• Leader
On 11/11/2020 at 10:53 PM, mihai.serban said:

6 minutes ago, mihai.serban said:

Hey @Jordan Miller, I thought you're going to give me some advice 

:cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:

Whoops! Sorry about that. Must have slipped passed me.

From what I gather, your attention is very focused on what you don't know or what you don't have. That's living in lack which will produce more confusion and in-action.

You mentioned wanting to move to another country for a better quality of life - perhaps France. Start there. How can you go about doing that. Don't think of all the obstacles in your way (cause there will ALWAYS be obstacles), rather... think of what would be the best first step towards achieving that goal. 

Btw, you'll eventually learn the language, make friends and make money. Don't stay stuck cause you're scared of the unknown! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Whoops! Sorry about that. Must have slipped passed me.

From what I gather, your attention is very focused on what you don't know or what you don't have. That's living in lack which will produce more confusion and in-action.

You mentioned wanting to move to another country for a better quality of life - perhaps France. Start there. How can you go about doing that. Don't think of all the obstacles in your way (cause there will ALWAYS be obstacles), rather... think of what would be the best first step towards achieving that goal. 

Btw, you'll eventually learn the language, make friends and make money. Don't stay stuck cause you're scared of the unknown! 

The "living in lack" puts me in a different situation. It give me a new prospective. This helps! You helped!

Thank you! :eyes_britney_laugh:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block