MEGARATE: 'Britney' (GAME)

1 minute ago, Slayer said:

IN SECOND PLACE IS...

2 - I'M A SLAVE 4 U

Overall rate: 9.536

WSKB.gif

Lowest rate: 1/10 @Easy There

Highest rate: 11/10 (x7) @Thelegendarybritney @heirtobritsthrone @Panos @nwonder @LikeShatteredGlass @bliss @Iconic 4 U

Fun fact: This song received 28 10/10s

Comments:

·     Iconic. This song doesn't age. It doesn't sound cheesy even in 2020.

·     This song is epic and literally one of the best pop masterpieces of the 21st century. 

·     her best song, period.

·     Such a classic! Who els eis failing misserably at the choreography? Because of this song I posed with a real snake for a photo. I was so scared. VMAney <3 

·      I mean...whats there not to love in this song? It was the transitional song in her career, is catchy and one of pops greatest songs. A moment in pop.

·     The most iconic opening to an era. The opening line, the video, the choreography, the performances... it will all go down in pop history. It solidified Britney as a staple in music forever. 

·     Iconic song. It was so different from everything she had released before at the time! It was a risk and it totally worked! 

·     almost near perfection, iconic!

·     I give it a 10 but lets be honest, this song is not that revolutionary. the only reason why we unintentionally give it a   10 is because of its choreography. we cannot listen to it without moving our hips in sync with the beat because of the choreography, not the song.

·     Still one of my favorite songs of ALL time

·     Her best lead single, such a timeless classic, it was the song that made me stan her.

·     When I listened to the song for the very first time, I cried - I turned 9 and was utterly upset and incredibly mad at Britney for starting releasing "bad music" - My little ears only enjoyed Bubblegum-Pop beats. However, the older I grew, the more I appreciate this iconic anthem. One of the ***iest songs ever recorded and ironically, it has become one of my favourite Britney singles ever! 

·     This song is truly iconic and the perfect introduction to a more ‘mature’ and ‘adult’ Britney Spears. The Neptunes are/were amazing producers. I love the fusion of R&B, hip hop and dance-pop in this song. The choreography is also iconic and I’ve tried to reattempt it so many times at home (but fail everytime). And of course, how could I forget the 2001 VMAs performance??

·     In theory, this song is perfect, but for some reason I find it boring and hard to sit through

·     It took me years to appreciate this absolute gem. Slinky, **** and timeless, one of Britney’s best. 

·     The song isn't the strongest on the album but it isn't bad and it can be a bit of a bop when you're in the mood. Overall, not what you would expect for a lead single but it gave them what they needed for this era, controversy. 

·     If you don't think Slave is a 10, you're not a 10 either.

·     Classic. Iconic. Something about it’s percussion-driven funk feel gives me a “Kiss” by Prince vibe.

:hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared::ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh: I cant...

• Love 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In celebration of the 'Britney' album turning 19 years old today..  I announce the 'BRITNEY' MEGARATE! Welcome! It is time to rate and review Britney's third album, self-titled 'B

THE "BRITNEY" CEREMONY IS TOMORROW! Cannot wait to see you all there! 8pm GMT (same time as usual) Roxxy   @Iconic 4 U @Lemon_Drop @BUWYGF @PokemonSpears @Thelegendarybritney @Ger

Thank you all so much for playing! I hope you've all had fun & I hope to see you all again next time at the 'Oops!...I Did It Again!' Megarate Ceremony! - Slayer   Please

Posted Images

• Twitter Team

The right song won :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: as much as I like Slave it personally wouldn't be in my top 5. But this album is very very strong. I'm still not over you guys doing Anticipating dirty!

Thank you once again @Slayer :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support: see you all for the OIDIA rate!

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

& YOUR WINNER IS...

WINNER - 1 - OVERPROTECTED

Overall rate: 9.569

66on.gif

Lowest rate: 5/10 @Easy There

Highest rate: 11/10 (x7) @vertovera @filmandstage13 @Isla @PokemonSpears @ElenaB @Paolo94 @blackoutbixxh

FUN FACT: This song received 25 10/10s

Comments:

·     It's my stan song.

·     A perfect anthem, who would have ever thought this song would have so much meaning into the future

·     This is Britney's soundtrack song (this and Lucky) The bridge is amazing especially once it returns in the final chorus. 

·     Both amazing bodies of work! You know the remix is amazing if it is AS good as the original, and i am the type who does not like remixes that much!

·     Britney’s best song period. It’s one of her most personal and powerful songs. I just wish it was recognized as the masterpiece it is before the #FreeBritney movement because it deserved so much more. 

·     This song is my fav song ever. Period. Pop perfection. Plus since the #FreeBritney movement started it has a special meaning for the fandom.

·     just a little bit better than the remix imo, one of her best songs

·      I don't quite get the hype behind this song. Mediocre lyrics. It is funny for a singer who only had her second album to come up with a song called overprotected talking about how controlled she is etc. Ps. she was 19 at the time and she didn't even write to song so its funny af. 

·     Another one of my favorite Britney songs, I like the original and remix equally

·     Another amazing track, the lyrics obviously are the highlight of it.

·     Deserved a Grammy - an international release, I think it would have ended up being the most successful single of this era. 

·     This is probably one of my all time favourite Britney songs, and most likely my second favourite behind Gimme More. This is just a perfect pop song to me, it’s incredibly catchy, feelgood, and great to dance to, with such a relatable message that I think many of Britney’s fans can relate to. This song is also so important now more than ever with the #FreeBritney movement. It’s a shame Britney hasn’t performed this song since the Onyx Hotel Tour!

·     One of her best singles, PERIOD - such a freakin' banger.

·     A Britney classic. Total bop. 

·     It sounds like an "Oops!..." outtake but that doesn't stop it from being a fantastic song. Truly the perfect independence anthem. Would have been a great lead single, however, considering it's teen-pop, I get why they didn't pick it as the lead single. 

·      I like this better than the Remix and I think it's way too ******* underrated.

·     Britney and Max Martin at their apex. While this has a slight edge to the remix, the other video is wayyyy better.

WAAAAAAAAAA

How iconic is that the #1 song on this megarate is my stan song and that my comment was the first one where I literally just said "it's my stan song." :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Thanks for the advanced birthday gift, Exhale. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 4

🦄 💛🧡💜

Just now, Roxxy said:

WAAAAAAAAAA

How iconic is that the #1 song on this megarate is my stan song and that my comment was the first one where I literally just said "it's my stan song." :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Thanks for the advanced birthday gift, Exhale. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Your welcomed. If I gave slave like a 3 it would win. 

This way better song won :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 1
  • Exhale+

Well Britney is my favorite album, this album turned me from a fan to an actual Stan of Britney's and its the point where I fell in love with her as a person and started to admire her a genius.

Thank you for doing it justice with immaculate top 3 exhale :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 5
  • Like 2