Britney Spears' self-titled third studio album 'BRITNEY' was released 20 years ago today!

Roxxy

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Hi Exhale! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

It's me again for a very special Roxxy Edition of This Day in Pop! šŸ’›šŸ’œ

Thank you @PokemonSpearsĀ for always considering me to do these threads!

Let's get to it?

1-Britney-Spears-03-Britney.jpg

19 years ago today, Britney COMPLETED the first ever trinity with theĀ release ofĀ her record setting third studio album titledĀ BRITNEY. According to her, she picked this title becauseĀ "it'sĀ more me" and did she lie? :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

ALL YOU PEOPLE LOOK AT ME LIKE I'M A LITTLE GIRL, WELL, DID YOU EVER THINK IT'D BE OK FOR ME TO STEP INTO THIS WORLD?

Never has a Britney record been so bipolar. The record is a mix of sultry smexy R&B bops via lead singleĀ I'm a Slave 4 UĀ andĀ underrated disco pop gems likeĀ Anticipating. The album pretty much switches from smexy and sweet, and thenĀ have edgy and emotional moments. The record truly reflects BRITNEY SPEARS, Pop Princess, at her core...Ā bad girl, good girl. :shhh_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_quiet_2008_circus::imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

The album is a transitional record for Britney. It's the first record she made where she co-wrote more than half of the album. At the time, she said that she is truly proud of this record because she had a lot more creative control than with her previous two records. We all know, B2 was just handed to her and recorded in 2 weeks and it went by that fast, she didn't have time to really pick the songs. The album also was her first record to feature an adult sound and image with the lead single andĀ Boys.

The album's mission statement:Ā "i'm not a girl, not yet a woman"

That's track 4 for all you basic bieches. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

FIRST FEMALE ARTIST IN SOUNDSCAN HISTORY TO HAVE HER FIRST 3 ALBUMS DEBUT AT #1

The album debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart with 745,750 copies sold on it's first week in the US. This also earned her the second highest debut sales for an album in 2001, behind *NSYNC'sĀ Celebrity.

The album also went to #1 in Canada, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. TASTE!

The album has accumulated sales ofĀ 10.2 million worldwide. When will your faves.Ā :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

britney2.jpg.167bbf7dfdb4887619a5933cdebf6b51.jpg.0d14b71e785d5cf88c6ba4dd55c1dd1f.jpg

The pop bible.Ā 

"I know I may be young...Ā 

But..."Ā 

Nothing else to say

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Ooh I have an Overprotected story too!

In 2004 I was working for some scam company that asked for money for the environment or some shiit and I had to walk around a neighborhood for hours going door to door asking for money. And there was a group of girls driving around blasting Overprotected in their car on repeat

music video GIF by Iggy Azalea

Ā literally that whole day I kept hearing them driving around. It was so random, but it made me feel better about that **** job.

I LOVE THIS!!! Could it have been me? :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

No, i'm kidding. I only learned how to drive in 2018.Ā Ā :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Ā do I want to know what that is?

At the height of BLM sometime in July, he featured a Camila Cabello thread and some Exhalers dragged him for mainpaging a "racist". We defended him by saying we do not discriminate topics to feature. Me and Jordan + the Curators have the prerogative to choose which threads to feature. If it's newsworthy, we will feature it of course. Regardless of whoĀ it's about. I mean, we even feature threads about Trump and nobody says anything. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I MISS HIM. SO MUCH. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

10 minutes ago, Itachi said:

and for everyone who might be wondering, That's Where You Take God was a single in my country and got a promotional video. i can't find any HD versions, but this is pure Britney nostalgiaĀ 

Ā 

Period! Dark.Knight would be proud.Ā :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I tried to look for it too but couldn't find it! Mabuhay, Philippines! šŸ’›šŸ’œ

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

At the height of BLM sometime in July, he featured a Camila Cabello thread and some Exhalers dragged him for mainpaging a "racist". We defended him by saying we do not discriminate topics to feature. Me and Jordan + the Curators have the prerogative to choose which threads to feature. If it's newsworthy, we will feature it of course. Regardless of whoĀ it's about. I mean, we even feature threads about Trump and nobody says anything. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

I MISS HIM. SO MUCH. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

real housewives nene GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

He stansĀ That's Where You Take Me. I miss him. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Ā 

Knighty, if you're watching. šŸ’›šŸ’œ

Ā 

54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

He does?Ā :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Ā 

46 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

He does. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

He doesn't allow any TWYTM slander. :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

I MISS YOU KNIGHTYYY, DA FOKC. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Yā€™all donā€™t like TWYTM?Ā :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared::wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

WOW @Roxxy! The way I opened this thread w/ all the infoĀ 

So awesome! This is amazingĀ 

Out of all my BreatheHeavy social media features and shoutouts, this one truly means the most to me. I love this album and if i'm gonna be known for something, I would want ExhalersĀ to remember me as aĀ Britney Album Stan. Thank you. šŸ’›šŸ’œ

• Love 1

I remember it like yesterday lol. I was like transition between elementary to high school and I remember I was shocked (lol). Me, naive, dont know anything about **** seeing my cute idol doing 'Ima slave 4 u' turned me off for a bit. (I know).

It was too ****** for me to enjoy it, but I still went to buy album of my favorite idol and realized album has a lot of cute moments and my 'cute' (lol) Brit is still there. I liked other singles a lot more. Just that single was 'Girl what are you doiing', but it ended up being her most iconic single and performance. As an adult I still dont appreaciate that song that much. Too much 'ah ah', not actual music or melody. I think whole point of that was to shockĀ  I guess.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Ɨ
Ɨ

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Ā :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated šŸ’œĀ Ā 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. šŸ™

I've disabled ad block