Britney Spears' self-titled third studio album 'BRITNEY' was released 20 years ago today!

Roxxy

This album was overplayed for 2 years straight until I got into the auto zone.

I remember trying to burn a copy on the library computer in 05 because my copy was wearing out and it broke while burning, proving how fire the album is :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

@Roxxy you forgot to mention how shady clearchannel was for sabotaging the singles on radio, making it one her worse charting eras single wise. 

Actually I have another story, I use to literally spend the entire day requesting Boys on the radios website just to get it to be played on their top ten countdown in 2002. :gunriah_mariah_carey:

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Itachi said:

the album that paved the way for h0ez like Xxxtina, Successica, Miley, Whisperlena, Demi, Ariana, to have smoother transition from teeny bubblegum pop basic beeches to powerful and ****** women. they should bow in respect 

10M album sales? she did that even with the underwhelmimg success of the singles. while these twitter trolls boasting how their faves can sell *** # of digital downloads of a SINGLE and *** # of streams 

and criminal as it is, the LAST Britney album to be Grammy-nominated, and not even for AOTY?! well Grammys are sheet anyways 

YES, YES, and YE-HES Itachi! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

You tell 'em! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I, Roxxiana Grande bow down to this pop masterpiece. I thank her for giving this album to us because it quite literally MADE ME into the woman that I am today. No kidding. :comingthru_britney_circus_2008_boobs_chest_smile_walking_hat_happy:

Billboard also believes Best Pop Vocal Album should've gone to BRITNEY and not the Norah Jones album. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Avatar said:

This album was overplayed for 2 years straight until I got into the auto zone.

I remember trying to burn a copy on the library computer in 05 because my copy was wearing out and it broke while burning, proving how fire the album is 

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

3 minutes ago, Avatar said:

@Roxxy you forgot to mention how shady clearchannel was for sabotaging the singles on radio, making it one her worse charting eras single wise. 

Hi Avie! :bigkiss_britney_kissing: And no, I didn't forget. How could i? Haha! I left it out of the OP to keep it positive and so there'll be something to discuss in the thread. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I LOVE THESE THROWBACK STORIES!!! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Hi Avie! :bigkiss_britney_kissing: And no, I didn't forget. How could i? Haha! I left it out of the OP to keep it positive and so there'll be something to discuss in the thread. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I LOVE THESE THROWBACK STORIES!!! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I guess it's positive in the sense that she still outsold without the radio promo :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Ooh I have an Overprotected story too!

In 2004 I was working for some scam company that asked for money for the environment or some shiit and I had to walk around a neighborhood for hours going door to door asking for money. And there was a group of girls driving around blasting Overprotected in their car on repeat

music video GIF by Iggy Azalea

literally that whole day I kept hearing them driving around. It was so random, but it made me feel better about that **** job.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block