New BreatheHeavy Video! The ULTIMATE review on Ariana Grande's new album "Positions"

• Leader

Hey Exhale, I had a really interesting experience with Ariana Grande's new album Positions.

At first, I didn't like it and compared it to Sweetener, but the more I listened to it... the more I could distinguish between the two and started to really grow fond of Positions (though I still don't like Sweetener at all tbh).

Instead of just doing a straight up album review, I decided to take reviews already posted on the Internet from places like Pitchfork, Vulture, Slant, i-D and even Exhale's review from @Albert Aspera, and gave my take on them whether I agreed or disagreed.

I'm curious whether you agree with me or not. Or maybe you disliked Positions, but my video showed you it in a new light and now you like it more.

Would LOVE to know your thoughts! Hopefully this is a nice distraction from the election anxiety.

And if you haven't already, PLEASE subscribe to my channel, LIKE this video and leave a comment on it! It helps the BH channel grow. 🙏 

Enjoy!

review.jpg.fe04e59c405b3188d5e152e85e8f7e14.jpg

Related:

• Love 6

Ok it's finally up! Yey!

Let the record show that Jordan and I are Team Positions and I can neither confirm nor deny that the new registration question on Exhale is about Positions. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Ariana still runs pop as the REIGNING main pop girl and will be for a few more years, I hope. Until a new main pop girl explodes. Looking at you Dua Lipa! Get it, girl!

• Love 2

I would reconsider this:

- 20+ minutes! That'a a lot... a 10 minute video would be amazing (even James Charles makes an effort to keep it short!)
- Too much information... But it doesn't have to do with our ability as viewers to digest everything but simply because you're asking too much from people: give me your full attention and let me take you on a rollercoaster of information and opinions for 20 minutes straight. Dude that's a lot, I'm just being honest and realistic.
- Confusing title. I was expecting a reaction, not a review of other reviews. And you're definitely a journalist because you gave a whole context (with how Ariana got to that point). Maybe that's the kind of content that you want and makes you happy to create, but you won't get many views from that. I suggest you to study James Charles' videos, you have a clear idea of what it's going to be about within the first MINUTE. And then you get exactly that. And he gets millions of views.

I DO like:
- The intro! The visuals and music are super cool
- The editing throughout is very well done. I really liked the quotes on screen.
- You're eloquent ;)
- The quality of the image, and especially the sound! That's impressive for them being your first seriously produced videos.

This video seems like content useful to LEARN about pop culture (especially in some years from now, basically to school new generations), but not to consume regularly.

• Love 2
  • Leader
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I wonder if it’s the Slave 4 U Light Your *** on Fire remix you speak of @Jordan Miller

Good video, I love how objective you were with your review lol

I also feel really motivated to buy a bunch of Henley shirts. 

#HenleyShirts4Lyfe

Thank you! I know it was a little long but I was feeling it. :feelingit_dancing_pole_poledancing_subway_grooving:

• Love 1
  • Leader
3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I would reconsider this:

- 20+ minutes! That'a a lot... a 10 minute video would be amazing (even James Charles makes an effort to keep it short!)
- Too much information... But it doesn't have to do with our ability as viewers to digest everything but simply because you're asking too much from people: give me your full attention and let me take you on a rollercoaster of information and opinions for 20 minutes straight. Dude that's a lot, I'm just being honest and realistic.
- Confusing title. I was expecting a reaction, not a review of other reviews. And you're definitely a journalist because you gave a whole context (with how Ariana got to that point). Maybe that's the kind of content that you want and makes you happy to create, but you won't get many views from that. I suggest you to study James Charles' videos, you have a clear idea of what it's going to be about within the first MINUTE. And then you get exactly that. And he gets millions of views.

I DO like:
- The intro! The visuals and music are super cool
- The editing throughout is very well done. I really liked the quotes on screen.
- You're eloquent ;)
- The quality of the image, and especially the sound! That's impressive for them being your first seriously produced videos.

This video seems like content useful to LEARN about pop culture (especially in some years from now, basically to school new generations), but not to consume regularly.

Woah! Appreciate all the feedback! 

I do agree I wasn't as clear as I think I should've been and that the video was pretty long. I honestly was shocked that it turned out to be 20 minutes. I guess I am just having too much fun talking away :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: I do think it'll be a fun challenge to tighten things up and cut out the fat. 

Appreciate the compliments. I do think it'll be easier to edit back then have to find ways to add more minutes. Watch time is super important on YouTube. They tend to promote longer videos, but maybe 20 min is too long lollll. 

I'm excited to keep getting better. Thank you for the kind words and watching! 

• Love 1
  • Leader
6 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Ok it's finally up! Yey!

Let the record show that Jordan and I are Team Positions and I can neither confirm nor deny that the new registration question on Exhale is about Positions. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Ariana still runs pop as the REIGNING main pop girl and will be for a few more years, I hope. Until a new main pop girl explodes. Looking at you Dua Lipa! Get it, girl!

Thank you Queen :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Ariana run pop :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block