Yikes!....Ariana Grande's New Album "Positions" Stalls With Only a 68% rating on AOTY.com

Blackout2006

Hello everyone!
Exhales Local exhaler @Blackout2006 here to report some breaking pop news! :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Today, AlbumOfTheYear.com (basically the Xtina to Metacritic (who is obviously Britney)) released its ratings for Ariana Grande's new (disappointing) album, "Positions"...gathering all critics reviews of her 6th studio effort, only to round up to hardly a 60% score, with many of the critics regarding the album as "nothing innovative" and even "time for contemporary pop’s reigning vocal acrobat to more fully commit to some new positions". :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

And if you think the general public reviews are any better, its just as worse, having a much lower score than the critics reviews, rounding up to hardly a 62% rating, with many of the people even DRAGGING Ariana for releasing this album:

It may seem ironic, but although Ariana Grande's life seems to be full of stability and love these last few months, the rendering of her new album Positions remains much less interesting and much less profound than her previous ones. There is no better adjective than "comfort" for Positions. A hard to avoid easy solution that will content itself with satisfying the majority of its fans and making an impression in a year where the codes are no longer the same. (58/100)

Overall, this album was very disappointing. Ari has shown multiple times that she has potential in making a great project, but "positions" isn't it. She has tried with R&B but it just came out as a disgrace to R&B and even if she switched genres, it isn't anywhere near being ambitious or groundbreaking. It might be a little different but it's not that good. (48/100)

am I supposed to just joke around with this one? like the bit is old now and I know yall are expecting some bait bull from me. well... "bots" bad? like y'know yall are just being annoyed by a bunch of stupid 12-year-olds. like a child character in a Gamera movie type of stupid, some real hollow heads spamming dem 10s. Also, the music is total *****. The lyrics are gross and are exactly what I expected. The sound palette is about as expansive as moviebob's diet. (20/100)

This is a steep decline for Ariana, after her highly-acclaimed body of work "Thank U, Next" recieved a 82% and 72% AOTY.com rating :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

Metacritics score to be out yet...but these are the reviews so far.

What do you guys think? Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

C32169E0-1577-4E4F-9412-CD8F7E97D61D.thumb.jpeg.c0f74b9629be5c5da7676ca53945bd10.jpeg

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, jjk1993 said:

Doesn't surprise me that 13 year olds like this crap. This album is an embarrassment to the music industry and the fact that fans love it because its got her name on it goes to show how little their opinion means these days. 

But im 14 and hated this album :jackk_alien:

Even my friends who are massive Ari fans disliked this album :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

A Britney Spears fan said

"This is what it sounds like when Kidz Bop discovers Explicit music for the first time"

Another Britney fan quote. 

"If u seek Amy was more controversial and total fun on the play on the Explicit controversy than 34+35, it's been done and Britney did it Better, causing fox news to lose it's shii... T"

@Jordan Miller

@PokemonSpears

@Roxxy

It's the upcoming single, and unlike Amy, it's not really controversial, but if this was 2008 and not 2020, it would be different. 

That's why everybody is like, it's just a track now. Nothing to see here. 

But if this was MADONNA, Janet Jackson or Britney Spears during their prime, damn right. It would be removed from the Wal Mart album, and radio would be like hell no. 

But the streaming era saved Ariana from the controversies of the past of pushing radio.

The line 

"Means I wanna 69 with you", would make everybody and MTV lose it, If Ari was a TRL girl. 

@Blackout2006

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The title's a clickbait. :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

Just kidding, that's really harsh for a context to begin with. Earning 68% under her belt is still positive compare to other artist's releases this year. Sweetener and TUN were her peak, and it's very common for critics to give plummeted ratings after the follow-up; like Taylor's Reputation following 1989.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

A Britney Spears fan said

"This is what it sounds like when Kidz Bop discovers Explicit music for the first time"

Another Britney fan quote. 

"If u seek Amy was more controversial and total fun on the play on the Explicit controversy than 34+35, it's been done and Britney did it Better, causing fox news to lose it's shii... T"

@Jordan Miller

@PokemonSpears

@Roxxy

It's the upcoming single, and unlike Amy, it's not really controversial, but if this was 2008 and not 2020, it would be different. 

That's why everybody is like, it's just a track now. Nothing to see here. 

But if this was MADONNA, Janet Jackson or Britney Spears during their prime, damn right. It would be removed from the Wal Mart album, and radio would be like hell no. 

But the streaming era saved Ariana from the controversies of the past of pushing radio.

The line 

"Means I wanna 69 with you", would make everybody and MTV lose it, If Ari was a TRL girl. 

@Blackout2006

Omg so true! Madonna, Janet and Britney really paved the way for the new pop girlies and thats so amazing to see them acknowledged atleast within the industry :)

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Albert Aspera said:

The title's a clickbait. :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

Just kidding, that's really harsh for a context to begin with. Earning 68% under her belt is still positive compare to other artist's releases this year. Sweetener and TUN were her peak, and it's very common for critics to give plummeted ratings after the follow-up; like Taylor's Reputation following 1989.

So should i edit the title?

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block