Sophie Ellis-Bextor releases "Crying At the Discotheque" music video

sophie.jpg.7675fd405af22d5c505e35a579c45431.jpg

English singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor released today the official music video for Crying At the Discotheque, a single taken from her upcoming Songs from the Kitchen Disco greatest hits album, which is coming out in November.

In the video we see her performing the song, originally sung by Swedish band Alcazar, in multiple empty venues, including the O2 Arena, in a very ad-hoc theme with the COVID-19 pandemic we've been experiencing this year.

From the video description she tells us:

The song Crying At The Discotheque would usually want a video recorded in - you guessed it - a disco or club, but I have been thinking so much recently about all my musician and crew friends who can't work at the moment, I thought a video where I film in as many empty London venues as possible would highlight all that's on hold at the moment. I worked again with my favourite team for my videos, Sophie Muller, Robbie Ryan and Lisa Laudat, and we did all 7 venues in one day. It was strangely moving performing in those places to no crowd when I'd sang in them previously so full of life. I hope it brings home the gap in our culture at the moment.

Related:

• Love 7
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

It's good because she's already used to performing to empty venues :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

She hasn't had hit singles since the early to mid 2000s. 

I thought that for a bit, but I didn't want to say it out loud, because I really like her :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: but yeah, I only heard from her again when she re-recorded her classic hit ****** on the Dancefloor last year or so

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block