Nelly Furtado is back in the recording studio

49 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Oh, so you DO know her.

Yes, and we still remember 20 years later. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

I hate how some people think it's funny to drag artists down just because their music knowledge is soooo limited. 

Like do some research before making a fool out of yourself by trying to be shady. Nelly literally slayed the charts in 2006 and people STILL know her songs from way back then, I call that iconic.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

Her only famous songs. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

So, who? :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

***** what? 

Maneater (her best song after Try), Say It Right, All Good Things (Come To An End), Promiscuous Girl, Give It To Me (Feat. Justin Timberlake) 

6 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

I still don’t know ha. Sorry. Her last hit was in like 2001? :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Nah, She did good in 2001-2005 but her breakout was in 2006-2007! The Most successful artist at that time.

• Love 2
On 10/29/2020 at 5:26 PM, IForgotYouExisted said:

The Ride is actually a pretty good album.

Nelly Furtado never wanted rhe succes that Loose had and had a meltdown during the Loose tour. That's why she stepped away from her record label to become an independant artist.

The Ride was completely done and released by herself with little to no promo.

Nelly said multiple times she needed to step out of the spotlight as she wasn't happy.

So no she doesn't need a hit cause she literally said she doesn't want one, she wants to make music for her diehard fans and that's it.

The stupidity of these people thinking the world revolves around topping the charts. Nelly already made bank, she can release a collection of farts if that’s what she wants now.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Anitta Elusive Chanteuse said:

The stupidity of these people thinking the world revolves around topping the charts. Nelly already made bank, she can release a collection of farts if that’s what she wants now.

She could just go back to Timbaland and i do think that would be the same success and great hits, but that's not what she wants and it's okay. She made that pretty clear with her spanish album after Loose (Manos al aire topped still the charts in many countries for example #2 in my country) 

13 hours ago, King Sleezy Style said:

Imagine attaching this woman’s name next to hits and iconic. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

The delusion. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Just because you are uneducated? She had 7(!) singles from her album out for a reason, sweety, because it sold so much! Sold over 1 million copies in germany alone, we had a ******* special edition, because it was so successful. 

MariahShadesNicki-1532966338-1532966340.

sold what? 15 Million worldwide, only the Loose sales. 

She defined the sound, everybody wanted that sound in 2007, even Madonna, the radio loved her so much! Before you talk like that, you should do your research, honey. 

:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

and Britney is the perfect example, why it's not good to be THAT successful, it's just not for everybody and i think she acted very mature. It's not always about the spotlight, number ones, she had that, but it's not a healthy life for all the time. 

• Love 4
  • 6 months later...

This thread was bumped and it almost gave me a heart attack :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: I miss her so much and her last album (The Ride, 2017) was GOLD. You guys have to listen if you haven't.

16 minutes ago, B-R-I-T-N-E-Y said:

Do not ever disrespect Darkchild. Ever. :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching:

EXACTLY! He's a way better producer than Timbaland to me. And actually I don't think Nelly needs Timbaland at all.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

This thread was bumped and it almost gave me a heart attack :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: I miss her so much and her last album (The Ride, 2017) was GOLD. You guys have to listen if you haven't.

EXACTLY! He's a way better producer than Timbaland to me. And actually I don't think Nelly needs Timbaland at all.

I love The Ride so much. Damn shame it only sold 2k copies in its 1st week, but it doesn't really matter considering how much of a masterpiece it is. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Also, Behind Your Back and Islands of Me deserved to be on the standard edition of the album.

Masterpieces! :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I love The Ride so much. Damn shame it only sold 2k copies in its 1st week, but it doesn't really matter considering how much of a masterpiece it is. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Also, Behind Your Back and Islands of Me deserved to be on the standard edition of the album.

Yeah the album is really good! Perhaps a bit boring at the end but I love Palaces!

Sticks and Stones is really good too!

I think she doesn't care about the sales since it's fame she's afraid of. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I know right!!! It’s such a great album and has aged like wine because it didn’t chase trends at all. I like every song and I’ve been listening to it consistently over the years (unlike most other albums released around that time). She outdid herself :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

So glad you mention those two!! I remember I tweeted her how much I loved Islands of Me and she liked my tweet :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: It’s a damn shame they only made it to the Vinyl version of the album. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Yeah the album is really good! Perhaps a bit boring at the end but I love Palaces!

Sticks and Stones is really good too!

I think she doesn't care about the sales since it's fame she's afraid of. 

The only song I don't like is Phoenix. I actually really like ballads, but the whole phoenix metaphor is so overdone that I can't help but cringe when I listen to it.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block