New TMZ Article - "SHE CAN SPEAK FOR HERSELF"

godneyjspears

The judge asked why Britney had not filed a declaration about her career intent -- and Ingham said that's because she lacks the mental capacity to do so ... like a person in a coma.

ermmm I don't think that's what he said or meant at all :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Jamie disagrees and seemingly wants to know where Britney personally stands on the issue. Something a lot of other people want to know as well.

Is that not blatantly obvious :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Apparently Britney does have the right to vote as well 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/26/britney-spears-father-jamie-conservatoriship-decisions-vote-coma/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader

Ok I am not siding with TMZ or Team con, but why doesn't she speak up? Why is Ingham speaking for her? I get that the prospect of a court hearing or attending court could give Britney a lot of anxiety, but by her not speaking she's actually (imo) extending the opportunities for anxiety to creep into her life versus ripping off the band-aid and facing the situation. 

From Ingham's standpoint, he's basically saying because Britney is in a conservatorship, in the eyes of the court she's not competent, so anything she says is coming from an incompetent person. Giving Jamie a dose of his own medicine.

In other words, he's saying he's Britney's voice right now because of the conservatorship that Jamie placed her in. Basically like, this is what you get Mr. Spears. You claim Britney is so un well that she can't live without a conservatorship, so you have to play by these rules now.

Which is also low-key eerie because it's yet another person (Ingham) speaking for / on behalf of her. 

2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Ok I am not siding with TMZ or Team con, but why doesn't she speak up? Why is Ingham speaking for her? I get that the prospect of a court hearing or attending court could give Britney a lot of anxiety, but by her not speaking she's actually (imo) extending the opportunities for anxiety to creep into her life versus ripping off the band-aid and facing the situation. 

From Ingham's standpoint, he's basically saying because Britney is in a conservatorship, in the eyes of the court she's not competent, so anything she says is coming from an incompetent person. Giving Jamie a dose of his own medicine.

In other words, he's saying he's Britney's voice right now because of the conservatorship that Jamie placed her in. Basically like, this is what you get Mr. Spears. You claim Britney is so un well that she can't live without a conservatorship, so you have to play by these rules now.

Which is also low-key eerie because it's yet another person (Ingham) speaking for / on behalf of her. 

Thank youuu. I posted a rant thread the other day and nobody seemed to share my sentiment.

3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

that's what the girl from the Instagram live said (I keep forgetting if it's lawyersofbritney or surprisewitness) and they're right, I mean, technically, they said, Ingham messed up because he should have provided like an affidavit? of Britney confirming Sam's petitions.

But the whole issue comes from three specific points that they didn't like, one of which was the "Britney wants her fans informed" and the two other points I don't remember which were, but the thing is, all of the points were very dumb to refute. Like, Jamie's party is creating all this dispute for stuff that at the end of the day is very irrelevant for the case.

Sam Ingham assumed Britney can't legally speak because of the conservatorship, so Jamie's lawyer is saying like, nope, that's not true, she can speak (which is correct). But even if she can speak, she also has the right not to speak and decide to speak through her lawyer, if she wants to, like any normal person, independently of whether they're under a conservatorship or not. Moreover, Jamie's side is saying that Ingham expressing Britney's wishes is hearsay, because he's presenting it as evidence, but again, that's also irrelevant for the case, because this is not a ****** trial or something like that. Literally all he was asking was for the documents not to be sealed.

Now, it's funny that Jamie's side is now so concerned about what Britney has to say, but they didn't refute that 12 years ago when Ingham himself declared her unable to speak on court or pick a lawyer. Or they want Britney herself to sign a declaration that she wants the fans informed, but they're totally ignoring her petition to name the Bessemer Trust as a conservator of estate, which was actually signed by Britney herself. Even more confusing, in their document they say that it's ok he can speak for certain things, but that his power isn't unlimited, meaning, there are certain things he can speak on behalf of Britney, but not others.

So yeah, the whole thing is very absurd, because I don't even know what they're fighting anymore. Whether she speaks for herself or if she speaks through Ingham, what's the difference, they're still gonna fight if they pick someone they don't like. And I don't think Ingham has a problem with that, because he said in the past hearing that Britney would be more than happy to testify under oath a lot of things that Jamie wouldn't like. So I don't think he's trying to hide something either, like, Ingham not wanting Britney to speak because he's afraid she would say something that compromises him or idk.

Either way, I think is really important that the judge clarifies what can Britney say or cannot say, and what does her lawyer can say or not on her behalf, because otherwise Jamie's side will keep dragging this forever by refuting every petition or claim, every time. Also, would be so much better if the legal team they authorized takes over and Ingham just lets them do their job. And of course it would be awesome if Britney could speak for herself, but she also has the right not do so, if going to court, or confronting Jamie would put too much pressure on her, so they need to respect that as well.

That's what bothers me too. Like, I thought new Britney's on a mission? Also, yeah I get it. The whole anxiety when she comes to court thing, sure. But like, although she can definitely do that and choose to speak through Sam Ingham, how long is she gonna runaway from her fears or whatever or whoever it is that she doesn't want to face. Britney, girlll... just rip the bandaid off and get it over with. I'm sure your presence, will be greatly appreciated by the judge. Come on, girl. You got this.

Also, wear this to court and bring that same energy. 💛💜

58d3d9fab79a9157681c1fed_britneywalk.gif

39 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

That's what bothers me too. Like, I thought new Britney's on a mission? Also, yeah I get it. The whole anxiety when she comes to court thing, sure. But like, although she can definitely do that and choose to speak through Sam Ingham, how long is she gonna runaway from her fears or whatever or whoever it is that she doesn't want to face. Britney, girlll... just rip the bandaid off and get it over with. I'm sure your presence, will be greatly appreciated by the judge. Come on, girl. You got this.

Also, wear this to court and bring that same energy. 💛💜

58d3d9fab79a9157681c1fed_britneywalk.gif

Did you forget that Britney showed up to court last year to tell the judge that shewas forced against her will into a facility 

4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Did you forget that Britney showed up to court last year to tell the judge that shewas forced against her will into a facility 

I didn't, Cappy. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

But that was last year and this is this year. She's on a new chapter now fighting for the conservatorship and she's yet to make an appearance. I think showing up on this "new phase" of the movement and the fight for her freedom is very important for a lot of things. FreeBritney in 2020 is like a million times bigger than it was last year. Last year, the court probably doesn't care much about what goes on in her conservatorship that when they go through the papers, as long as it looks legal, they just approve it and don't think much about it.

This year, the judge/s are more aware of a possibility of fraud, manipulation, and other 'questionable' things in her conservatorship. They're more FOR BRITNEY now than they were for all the other years (11). And I think Britney should definitely take advantage of that and appeal to their hearts and minds by showing up and charming them all with her charisma.

She should put on a show and not take the backseat in order to be first (uh huh~)

4frF.gif

18 hours ago, godneyjspears said:

The judge asked why Britney had not filed a declaration about her career intent -- and Ingham said that's because she lacks the mental capacity to do so ... like a person in a coma.

ermmm I don't think that's what he said or meant at all :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Jamie disagrees and seemingly wants to know where Britney personally stands on the issue. Something a lot of other people want to know as well.

Is that not blatantly obvious :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Apparently Britney does have the right to vote as well 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/26/britney-spears-father-jamie-conservatoriship-decisions-vote-coma/

They also say that Britney for a time had custody of her children 50/50 and now 30% something literally impossible if she is in a conservatorship.

6 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

What if she feels guilty and doesn't want to look Jamie in the eye?

Archived