Middle Eastern influenced songs

On 12/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, Isla said:

Isn't North Africa considered part of the Middle East?

both regions are part of the MENA as said before.

still, the music styles are veeeeeeeery different! the typical drum sound that you hear on Nancy ajram videos or any Egyptian bellydancing song are typical of the mediterranean part of the Middle East (Lebanon, Egypt, Syria). these countries have similar music style and similar dancing styles, ie bellydancing which isn't really a thing in North Africa (think of North Africa as Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia and don't include Egypt).

• Love 2
On 1/2/2022 at 11:54 PM, do the thing said:

both regions are part of the MENA as said before.

still, the music styles are veeeeeeeery different! the typical drum sound that you hear on Nancy ajram videos or any Egyptian bellydancing song are typical of the mediterranean part of the Middle East (Lebanon, Egypt, Syria). these countries have similar music style and similar dancing styles, ie bellydancing which isn't really a thing in North Africa (think of North Africa as Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia and don't include Egypt).

I love Saad Lamjarred music! So good.

• 8 months later...

Im an Arab living in the Middle East, but none of these are Middle Eastern sound!

Most of them are songs that are Indian influenced, but I get it, in the west thats considered Middle Eastern.

I can reccomend good Arabic songs, but it depends on what you want. Do you want arabic songs with a traditional sound, or more pop and international sound?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Im an Arab living in the Middle East, but none of these are Middle Eastern sound!

Most of them are songs that are Indian influenced, but I get it, in the west thats considered Middle Eastern.

I can reccomend good Arabic songs, but it depends on what you want. Do you want arabic songs with a traditional sound, or more pop and international sound?

I want both of them!!! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Feel free to post as many songs as you like, I'm open to pretty much anything :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block