Britney's A&Rs deserve infinitely more credit than Larry Rudolph for her best music. Period.

zxcvb

Look, I'm not going to say Larry Rudolph is a bad manager.  I think he has probably contributed to her great promotional work among probably other things like deals, but Britney's mental issues that also impacted her career absolutely negate whatever the hell he's ever done for him to consider himself a great manager.

But as far has the greatest music she's released, the credit goes to her A&Rs-as well as the songwriters/producers, of course-by far over him, EXCLUDING the hit 'Everytime', because Britney Spears created it.

That being said, her pathetic parents are obviously more to blame than Larry Rudolph for her problems because they signed off an underage girl for a career in the ruthless music industry.

I'm just saying about Larry Rudolph, he certainly can never ever be credited for the great music she's put out. (and he has nothing to do with Blackout either.)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't blame Larry Rudolph. But I'll say when he merged with Madonna's manager Guy Oseary and a few others to form Maverick entertainment, a division of live nation entertainment..

There's a reason why Nicki left her manager, it became more about the money and less about the art. 

Most people who sign with Maverick, tell you that it's more or less about money and touring. 

Everybody said the fact that Madonna is CEO as well given how they resurrect her brand into a management deal should tell you. It's all about the money. 

Plus if Maverick artists tour. Madonna makes a profit from all the artists tours. 

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

But as far has the greatest music she's released, the credit goes to her A&Rs-as well as the songwriters/producers, of course-by far over him, EXCLUDING the hit 'Everytime', because Britney Spears created it.

Britney deserves a lot of credit, too. If she just a puppet who followed all orders, her career would not be nearly as iconic as it is. 

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

they signed off an underage girl for a career in the ruthless music industry.

That it's not about this, about being an underage girl, it's about leadership, it's about direction, it's about control and power.
 Britney had the option of having chosen another manager from the beginning and if this had been done she would never be in this situation.
That it is not about being a minor, that it is not about that, that people only stay with that.
And Larry has no credit for anything because he destroyed everything.
Britney's unexpected fame gave Larry that power and being a dictator at work level and power in her personal life.

Like Lynne, they always say that she is a stage mother but she has never been involved in her daughter's life, neither work nor personal.

2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Britney deserves a lot of credit, too. If she just a puppet who followed all orders, her career would not be nearly as iconic as it is. 

Of course she deserves deserves a lot of credit for her entire career.  Just specifically about the MUSIC though, I have to highlight 'Everytime', since, you know, she actually created it.

2 hours ago, LLuvia said:

That it's not about this, about being an underage girl, it's about leadership, it's about direction, it's about control and power.
 Britney had the option of having chosen another manager from the beginning and if this had been done she would never be in this situation.
Like Lynne, they always say that she is a stage mother but she has never been involved in her daughter's life, neither work nor personal.

But that's what I'm alluding to.  The problem is the lack of parenting from her parents.  She had no guidance because her parents looking to get out of poverty and Lynne Spears wanted to live vicariously through her daughter.

There's no doubt Lynne Spears and Jamie Spears' story about Britney in 2007/early 2008 is garbage too.  Even if the conservatorship was initiated as a positive thing, a venture firm like Bessemer should have been managing her assets by 2009/2010.

2 hours ago, LLuvia said:

And Larry has no credit for anything because he destroyed everything.
Britney's unexpected fame gave Larry that power and being a dictator at work level and power in her personal life.

My point with Larry Rudolph is that the bast*rd goes around like he is a great manager when his managing destroyed Britney's mental health.

And the idiot literally has nothing to do with the greatest music she has put out WHATSOEVER.

He probably has only been 'good' with promotion and deals (overworking her and damaging her mental health) which made more money for her label and companies than for her. (Her perfume deal is the only positive from this, but it doesn't make up for his damaging her mental health and he couldn't even replicate much success elsewhere at all.) 

Ita.

Johnny Wright was there for her first 3 big albums too. Larry gets too much credit and at the same times escapes criticism. Fans and the industry still protect him. He runs and hides when **** hits the fan and probably has been the TMZ mouth piece over the years. Coward. 

Adam seems to be doing well right now. Managing Miley Cyrus. Larry hit the jack pot with Britney. 

2 hours ago, Forever22 said:

Ita.

Johnny Wright was there for her first 3 big albums too. Larry gets too much credit and at the same times escapes criticism. Fans and the industry still protect him. He runs and hides when **** hits the fan and probably has been the TMZ mouth piece over the years. Coward. 

Adam seems to be doing well right now. Managing Miley Cyrus. Larry hit the jack pot with Britney. 

Exactly.  Johnny Wright. And  All those different producers she worked with are the result of the A&R people.

How can this ******* take credit for her success but never her failures (Britney Jean)?

2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

To be fair, From what I've understand, according to the press narrative. Larry has been a friend of the spears family since MMC days. So it's obvious her family used her to get away from being poor and using a family friend, actually helped the situation. 

Her imbecile parents are the sole reason for her downfall.  The conservatorship should end so that she ceases paying these idiots' bills. 

If she still wants to pay for her mother's house etc... It should be done without conservatorship.

Archived