Chaka Khan drags The Jackson's soft vocals

Spicechinodiva

Despite the topic being about finding out how Prince died at 57 in 2016, but however the conversation takes an interesting turn due to the conversation goes from Prince to the Jackson's. 

She dragged their singing style and Definitely Dragged Janet's vocal style, saying  you need to turn up the mic or the CD boom box. 

Even Luenell makes fun of how at 54, Janet is still that shy little girl. 

If anything this is one of the things Janet Jackson fans defend forever. 

Her voice is soft and described by her fans as angelic. They are tired of Janet being dismissed as a singer, saying when Will people give her the Credit. Watch her perform the song Again live on stage. Everytime she hits that long note 

Me to live Again, she's always dead stopped for about ten minutes before she can finish the song cos that's how crazy we go. It's one of those vocal deliveries that proves you don't have to be a Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Beyonce or such to actually prove despite limited vocals you can sing. But sadly cos she's a Dance artist, she will never go down as one of the best non technical singers. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soft vocals ≠ Bad vocalist. 

Some people have naturally lighter voices, as long as you can project it, you're doing well. Michael was one of the greatest technical singers in pop, him having soft vocals does not interfere with that. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

As someone who's only been singing for 2 years, I'd expect the Queen of Funk music to know this. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Archived