This Day in Pop: The Spice Girls release their double single 'Holler' and 'Let Love Lead the Way' in 2000

Roxxy

9 minutes ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Holler is one of my fave Spice Girls songs, such a bop 

I be hitting the choreography every time

holler GIF by Spice Girls

Also Emma looks so good here 

holler GIF by Spice Girls

OMG YOU SPILLED. :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

'Holler' is my fave Spice Girls song. This and 'Goodbye'. Nothing against Geri of course. Just a coincidence. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I MEAN, HOW CAN YOU NOT DO THE CHOREO, right? I actually just went downstairs to get some snacks and I walking+dancing to the kitchen while slapping my hips. And yes, Emma. The choreography for her verse is also my fave! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

OMG YOU SPILLED. :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

'Holler' is my fave Spice Girls song. This and 'Goodbye'. Nothing against Geri of course. Just a coincidence. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I MEAN, HOW CAN YOU NOT DO THE CHOREO, right? I actually just went downstairs to get some snacks and I walking+dancing to the kitchen while slapping my hips. And yes, Emma. The choreography for her verse is also my fave! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Taste :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: I think Holler is my second fave after Say You'll Be There :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Omg I love that, the hip slap is everythingg

Ikr! Emma was so fierce during her part

I also live for Victoria's ad-libs "holla holla" "folla folla" :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Taste I think Holler is my second fave after Say You'll Be There m

Omg I love that, the hip slap is everythingg

Ikr! Emma was so fierce during her part

I also live for Victoria's ad-libs "holla holla" "folla folla" m

THE HIP SLAP omg we should be in a girl group. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Victoria's adlibs and vocals really slaps during this era. Other girl groups could neva. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BlurOut said:

Forever is underrated!

Love those two singles!!!

j8UtCe.gif

It's definitely underrated in the US, But many Spice girls fans hate this album, as they wanted more of the fun pop music from Spiceworld, they did remind people the first album was also heavily influenced by Hip hop Music. 

But they did also accurately nail the problem. When a British girl group with it's own sound, Basically makes A TLC, Destiny's child album Forever by the Spice girls is the best example of when an international act chases American Music trends and it backfires. Also no way is the audience the girls were aimed at were  doing bedroom activities at 11 years old. 

6 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Hiyee! It's me again! :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

EEEK! @PokemonSpears is still busy with work and Pokémon so I said yes to another episode of This Day in Pop! 💛💜

What can I say, i'm a generous queen. Ask Ms. Ellen. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I'm actually kind of grateful to do this one cause it's my stan song! :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

The official Spice Girls Instagram account posted this video to celebrate 20 years of their double A side single, Holler and Let Love Lead the Way, from their third studio album, FOREVER.

SpiceGirls-Sing12Holler.jpg

On October 23, 2000, 'Holler' was released by iconic UK girl group, the Spice Girls (who just became a four piece at the time) as their lead single from their first post-Geri album, FOREVER. It is primarily an R&B song, a departure from their brand of straight up pop songs. 

The song is written by the Spice Girls, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, LaShawn Daniels and Fred Jerkins III, and produced by Darkchild (who also produced the iconic remix for Britney's 'Overprotected').

The music video is directed by Jake Nava and sees all four girls representing one of the four elements of nature. Mel C as Earth, Mel B as Fire, Victoria as Air, and Emma as Water.

SpiceGirls-Sing13LetLoveLeadTheWay.jpg

'Let Love Lead the Way' was released as a double A side with 'Holler'.

It was written by the Spice Girls, Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, LaShawn Daniels, Fred Jerkins III, and Harvey Mason Jr - and produced by Darkchild and Harvey Mason Jr.

The music video is directed by Greg Masuak and has a similar concept with the music video for 'Holler'. Only this time, the girls swap elements. Mel C becomes Water, Mel B becomes Air, Victoria becomes Fire, and Emma becomes Earth.

The girls performed 'Holler' live on the MTV Europe Music Awards in 2000.

Both singles (double A side) topped the UK Singles Chart becoming their 9th #1 single in their home country.

Thank you for tuning in with me on today's back2back episode of This Day in Pop!

I leave you with a live performance of 'Let Love Lead the Way' from my ever favorite Top of the Tops!

TEEHEE 💛💜

Roxxy

Reveal hidden contents

FB_IMG_1603476716671.thumb.jpg.79342b6346ae0447ab0113ed53fb8a54.jpg

I’ve never heard these songs, but slay :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Ă—
Ă—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block