Ariana Grande shares new lead single "Positions" (music video)

I love Ariana but didn't care for this song or the video. Her poor diction hasn't stood out like this since the beginning of her career - I legit could barely make out most of the words. The political theme of the video seems extremely random to be paired with this song. I'm going to go listen to the most underrated song of her career, Focus, which I love to death...

• Love 6
5 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Not as strong or powerful as No Tears Left to Cry and Thank U Next.

Though the track seems to be fine but it isn't a song that stands out imo. 

A bit of a let down. The beat is too generic...

1 hour ago, whoisit said:

I was bored tbh. Still the same old formula. 

47 minutes ago, Prince Ali said:

Hmm it's quite ok, but as a lead single I was expecting a bit more ;)

29 minutes ago, Trentals said:

I actually hate it :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Weak lead single. Even Focus was better :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

*goes to listen to her real opus Dangerous Woman*

Kinda agree with you all on this. I'm not a fan. I want to like it but I can't. It's a weak first single imo, the video is meh. I don't like that it sounds like a Bieber production/reject. Anyway, let's see where the album will take us. :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Okayy I like the song actually, it's quite catchy. And the video was interesting although not what I was expecting. It was cool to see Ariana taking charge as Miss President :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

The song sounds a lot more pop than I was expecting though but I guess the rest of the album will have some of the less radio-friendly sounding R&B/trap songs.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2020 at 9:42 PM, Itscuzim31 said:

Is this gonna be another song about her being ****ed 3 ways till Sunday? :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

Not you being spot on :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:. Especially because on Sunday they are going to meet his mama :uknowit_yes_Yas_point_lol_giggle_haha_hehe_point:.

I had to listen without the video to appreciate it. The video threw me off. I like them separately. She was serving looks but had nothing to do with the song lol the song itself is cute and very Ariana which can be bad or good depending on how you look at it. I guess she and her team think if the formula ain't broke dont fix it.

I like it though will add to my playlist.

• Love 3

definitely not her best lead single /seems more like an album track. but it's following the trends of laid back, chill trap pop or whatever.

I agree with what someone said above about it sounding like a song from biebers album and I thought that album was so NOT a hit.  I feel like she can pull off this sound better than he can.....the public wants pop Bieber but ariana can do what she wants 

I can't get over how pretty she is. I don't think there's been a universally pretty pop girl since Britney's prime. Like, obviously all pop stars are good looking but at the end of the day, beauty is subjective. but Ariana is like the mo' gorgeous. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block