Britney Spears' "Circus" transformed into a magical 80's dance anthem

6 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Myah tainted Circus, too?! I thought she didn’t arrive until Femme Fatale :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

That she did. I don't want to ruin your fondness for the album but I'll put it behind a spoiler cut. You've been warned!

Spoiler

That part "I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins, spotlight on me and I'm ready to break! I'm like a performer the dance floor is my stage. Better be ready hope that you feel the same!" is ALL Myah. they mix Britney's vocals singing low and deep underneath but its barely audible unless you have headphones in. 

She is also present on other tracks on the album as well. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

Myah tainted Circus, too?! I thought she didn’t arrive until Femme Fatale :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

Myah did background vocals on some Circus tracks aka what she was paid to do unlike BJ. Stop ruining her songs.

Britney always used background vocalist for effect. Always.

Britney went and rerecorded some parts of Circus (song) a week before it was released as a single ffs. It tells you everything of how she was invested in process of making Circus. There is literally 3-4 vocals mixed in Circus. 2 Britney's,1 Myah and 1 "male" vocal. All combined created magic.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
22 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Well, I love 80's music and some of those remixes are really nice but I can't really picture Britney as an 80's artist. Her sound is so 00's, modern. Idk, I might be prover wrong if she releases an 80's inspired album. 

Tom's Diner was amazing. Circus just doesn't do it for me. 

maybe it doesn't translate into her work because she seems like a total 80's girl especially being a Madonna fan  and she even said she was listening to a lot of 80's and 90's music when making Glory. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

That she did. I don't want to ruin your fondness for the album but I'll put it behind a spoiler cut. You've been warned!

Hide contents

That part "I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins, spotlight on me and I'm ready to break! I'm like a performer the dance floor is my stage. Better be ready hope that you feel the same!" is ALL Myah. they mix Britney's vocals singing low and deep underneath but its barely audible unless you have headphones in. 

She is also present on other tracks on the album as well. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Thank you for sharing. I embrace the truth. & now that you mention it, I can *totally* hear it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Britney'sBish said:

Gurl it lifted beats right outta You Spin Me Right Round and Blue Monday? :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

How much more 80's do you want sis? :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Yeah, but Britney's verses are still too 00's. Like, in general it still doesn't feel like an 80's song, it sounds just like a regular remix.

However, when they've done other songs in 80's style, including Toxic, they really manage to make them sound like an authentic 80's songs. Well, I don't know if it's the same channel or it's different channels, but yeah lol

• Love 1
On 10/19/2020 at 11:06 PM, MyahJeanSpears said:

She is also present on other tracks on the album as well. 

Which tracks? She's only credited for the song Circus on that album, and she hasn't confirmed her presence on other Circus songs anywhere else. That said, she sometimes does agree to ghost vocals (like many vocalists on SoundBetter, Fiverr and so on).

On 10/19/2020 at 5:56 AM, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Well, I love 80's music and some of those remixes are really nice but I can't really picture Britney as an 80's artist. Her sound is so 00's, modern. Idk, I might be proven wrong if she releases an 80's inspired album. 

Tom's Diner was amazing. Circus just doesn't do it for me. 

I can. Britney was born in 1981 after all. She was still a baby a the time, but the illusion works.

• Like 1