More iconic: PCD vs Fifth Harmony?

Which girl group is more memorable/iconic ?   

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

The OP is asking which one's more iconic than the other. PCD all the way. 

PCD had their moment, they became part of pop culture history. They were huge in Europe. Not so sure about the US. They created a name for themselves as controversial as it may be due to Nicole. Of course, they're not on the same level of iconicness as the Spice Girls but hell they had two killer eras. 

I'm not blind to see their flaws and their current status in pop music, i.e. that they're not as popular and React showed that despite it being a fantastic pop song.

Blame it on nostalgia or whatever but you can't deny their talent to perform, Nicole's vocal abilities, their looks, structure and composition of songs, beats, melodies, dance skills, aesthetics, hard work. 

Oh. Okay then.

Spoiler

Idk who to vote now :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Easy There said:

Well outside of Nicole each and every girl of 5H were more talented than 80% of the group :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I think both groups had their strengths and weaknesses. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I love all the PCD girls, specially Jessica Sutta (the second redhead :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:), but it’s true the group was formed mainly by dancers.

Fifth Harmony may have relied more on vocals, but their dancing skills... omg. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

6234_900.gif

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, aleomg said:

I think both groups had their strengths and weaknesses. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I love all the PCD girls, specially Jessica Sutta (the second redhead :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:), but it’s true the group was formed mainly by dancers.

Fifth Harmony may have relied more on vocals, but their dancing skills... omg. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

6234_900.gif

I have no problem with PCD. But this thread was unnecessary (it was made to hate on 5H by posting their worst moments compared to PCDs best)

I love PCD. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

n PCD, only one member sings 99% of the vocals, and the others that do the 1% consist of breath and ad-libs or harmonization of Nicole's vocals. Might as well call it Nicole Sherzinger and Her Pusycat Dancers :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I get what you're trying to say, but we also have to put things in perspective. PCD weren't a standard girl group to begin with, the concept was quite different compared to a group pre-made by X Factor/Simon Cowell.

"PCD" was already a brand that existed since the mid-90s, they were a burlesque troupe, founded by Robin Antin, the main thing was always about the dancing. The troupe started to become popular in the early 00s thanks to their performances in famous Hollywood bars, appearances in TV sitcoms and posing for Playboy. Robin thought that "since we're popular, we're in Hollywood, we are going to bring in real singers who are going to step in as the leader of the group" So that's how Christina Aguilera became the leader singer of  PCD for a while. There was also Gwen Stefani, Carmen Electra and a couple other guests who were chosen to represent the brand, even Pink asked them to appear in the "Trouble" music video in 2003. And that's when Interscope Records saw that these girls attract a lot of attention, they're there on MTV, VH1, Pink's video etc, there's a lot of press around them, maybe we should do something around them in the music industry. Then Nicole became the new lead of the group. 

The girls who were selected to be part of the definitive girl group, were already dancers in the troupe. (Melody, Jessica, Ashley, Kimberley, etc)

Basically there were about 30 or 50 girls in the troupe and they selected the best ones to expose the brand to a wider audience . The other girls already knew that they weren't going to be lead vocalists, it was part of their contract. 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I’ve always been here boo :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I liked New Kings but Fly was my favorite of the new releases. Still no where near the original DK or Dumblonde 

We are a rare species!

Agreed, DK3 and DB was fire. It’s a shame these ladies couldn’t keep it together as they had so much going for them as a group

:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Love 1

PCD by a longshot. They came from an actual brand and had some legit good songs and hits. And even though it was clearly Nicole leading and some backup girls for support, they had talent. They could all dance their assess off.

NOTHING about 5th Harmony was iconic. It was barely good. They had like two semi-cute songs that had their 15 minutes. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nwonder said:

We are a rare species!

Agreed, DK3 and DB was fire. It’s a shame these ladies couldn’t keep it together as they had so much going for them as a group

:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

I thought they had a decent fan base until I joined Exhale and realized I was one of the few that actually knew they existed :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: 

I wish they would have put their differences aside because they could have been HUGE and dominated! :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
3 hours ago, aleomg said:

6234_900.gif

yeah but the PCD girls have a lot more charisma and are better performers. Nicole was definitely the most talented out of all the girls in both groups.

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, bas che said:

I wish they both had longer careers and a last legacy like Spice Girls and Destiny’s Child. Both PCD and FH lasted only 5 years before settling in irrelevant-ville. 

it must be really difficult for girl bands to survive in this industry when they are competing against Kpop. 

I don’t think K-pop is the factor.

only BTS has completely broken into the western world. BP needs a bit more time.

Manufactured girlbands always face these issues Because they naturally want to compete for the spotlight. It’s obvious the girls in PCD and the girls in 5H all aimed for different directions.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block