Have you been able to separate the post 2008 music from the conservatorship

MyAccountGotBanned

I still listen to Britney but the newer stuff just feels different when I listen to it now .. like I almost forgot who primney was ... it all feels a bit tainted 

I especially feel that way with Britney Jean, Femme and Glory.

I hope if she decides to come back it doesn’t feel forced and it’s words she actually wants to sing ... 

it’s heartbreaking to listen to her music and see how much pain and abuse she endured 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do. But not because of what's currently going on with her. As an OG stan, the first four albums have always been the most special to me because I was there for it all. I lived through it. I've always preferred listening to B1, B2, B3, and B4, over her post-breakdown records. They're Primeney records afterall. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

And then we have the new fans, the flop fans, the fake fans, the Circus and Femme Fatale stans who believe these two records are in the trinity and who are the loudest and scream boycott the brand and cry when they see OG stans WHO HAVE BEEN PURCHASING MERCHANDISE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING [how dare they, honestly :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: ], while flop Circus stans go on Twitter saying ish like they've never heard the Britney album in full, or they've never heard of a song called Heart from OIDIA, will ask their mutuals which album of Britney they should buy cause they can only afford one cause they're all a bunch of streamers who don't even own half of her albums in physical. Like, i'm so done with the flopness and the hypocrisy.

Can you tell i'm feeling some type of way? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

But I still love some of our Glory stans like @Urbanney and Britney Jean stans like @PokemonSpears and Circus stans like @Easy There cause they're not problematic, not obnoxious, and hot. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

P.S. Blackout to me, she's literally in the middle, so she gets a free pass.

love me down is the song that first made me interested in britney (new fan alert lol but then again i was literally a baby during primeney years) and i like her later works too but i feel like it lacks that edge that her music used to have... and it makes me wonder what kind of music she would have liked to create without the cship

I’d say Circus was still very Britney. Womanizer is one of her defining hits. I’d even say the FF singles were very Britney and some other tracks on the album. I like FF but it was very generic.

The same can be said for BJ which was full of trashy songs which had probably been passed round the industry. Britney would never have did a song with TI in my opinion. It’s so cringe to listen to songs like that. 

Glory was very mature Britney but I just think her input has been really missing since about Blackout and it shows 

For me FF and BJ that are basically stripped of any Britney (even tho I love FF, it's an amazing electropop album), I feel weird listening to them they feel like cash grabs and the way she was mistreated during these two eras... Makes me wanna vomit. Also, BJ is cursed.

She appeared to be very hands on and proud of Glory, so I have no problem listening to it.

I stil don't give it the streams tho... Uploaded all of her albums to my YTMusic account with different names so I can bop to Cinderella and I Will Be There while boycotting the brand :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

The last Britney album I fully enjoyed was Circus. It came out when we were really worried and after the chaos that was the Blackout era so I lived the release as her true comeback. But after watching her interviews and the lack of dancing in the Circus tour (looking back now it’s a good tour, but it came just after Onyx so our expectations were HIGH) I knew something was off. Then the FF era came, and I can’t understand how some stans say it’s their fav era. Everything was off during that time. And that’s when I lost hope:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: I kept supporting her and listening to her new music but I knew primeney would never come back again so I kind of gave up on her:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: now that I know her situation well I’m gonna stick around no matter what Britney, i’m sorry:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

I guess its related to when someone became a stan actually. I knew Britney since the Oops days, but I was so little and never had an album of hers. I became a stan during the Circus era so that album hits different and is the perception I have from her as a pop artist.

Femme Fatale also hits different. Sometimes I stop everything to listen to it and jam to every single song, I sing every single lyric and I know exactly what is going to happen production wise. In Britney Jean I lost it, I just dont go there.

Then Glory came. Since its release, Glory is my most streamed album by any artist. I adore that album, its was current and very Britney and still tastes like the finest champagne. It hurts how poorly that album was treated. In a decent sound system its just eargasm after eargasm from vocals to the beats. 

That doesnt mean that I dont apreciate the older albums. In The Zone, Blackout and Oops are just irresistable. Britney is great but the singles are just enough. Baby I never listened all the way, just give me the singles, I Will Be There and Soda Pop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Did the conservatorship affected how I listen to her music? No. From what we know she didnt have creative control over Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Femme Fatale *had* to be commercial, it was a competitive time in pop music and it gave her 4 hits. And as I said, I dont listen to Britney Jean so Im good in that regard. 

I guess it is also because the older albums had her fully there to promote them. The over exposure of her image kinda makes people believe that thats the "real" Britney. One era fully well promoted can change that perception rather quick.

6 hours ago, Roxxy said:

flop Circus stans go on Twitter saying ish like they've never heard the Britney album in full

Who are these people?! 

how very dare you GIF

I feel so bad for them. Imagine having no taste. Imagine a world where a Britney album drops and you don't buy it and immediately pack your car full of friends to drive around and have a listening party? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

16 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Imagine having no taste.

I mean, you said it. Not me. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

16 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Imagine a world where a Britney album drops and you don't buy it and immediately pack your car full of friends to drive around and have a listening party? 

I feel bad if they've never experienced playing Anticipating while driving top down on the strip, looking in the mirror, and checkin' out their lipsticks while their girlfriends are in the back. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

7 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I do. But not because of what's currently going on with her. As an OG stan, the first four albums have always been the most special to me because I was there for it all. I lived through it. I've always preferred listening to B1, B2, B3, and B4, over her post-breakdown records. They're Primeney records afterall. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

And then we have the new fans, the flop fans, the fake fans, the Circus and Femme Fatale stans who believe these two records are in the trinity and who are the loudest and scream boycott the brand and cry when they see OG stans WHO HAVE BEEN PURCHASING MERCHANDISE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING [how dare they, honestly :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: ], while flop Circus stans go on Twitter saying ish like they've never heard the Britney album in full, or they've never heard of a song called Heart from OIDIA, will ask their mutuals which album of Britney they should buy cause they can only afford one cause they're all a bunch of streamers who don't even own half of her albums in physical. Like, i'm so done with the flopness and the hypocrisy.

Can you tell i'm feeling some type of way? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

But I still love some of our Glory stans like @Urbanney and Britney Jean stans like @PokemonSpears and Circus stans like @Easy There cause they're not problematic, not obnoxious, and hot. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

P.S. Blackout to me, she's literally in the middle, so she gets a free pass.

:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Yes, I love every album of Britney's.

However saying this Circus, FF & BJ lack the 'Britney' feel for me and I found it harder to connect with them especially BJ & Circus.

Whereas when I listen to BOMT, Oops, Britney, ITZ, Blackout and Glory I feel that great feeling and the 'true' Britney, I can't explain it.

I'm not bashing any of her albums, because like I said I love them all but some bring so much more joy than others.

I truly felt like Glory was a true return to herself, such a great album and in my holy trinity! :) 

I think we really have to ask ourself: Was britney 100% free before Blackout?= I mean, we know she didn't want showdown as a single, but her label wanted it. I mean, we can't know for sure if she really fully herself supported all her songs, all her performances and releases. 
So yeah, we can say "everything in c-ship is fake and not britney" but we have to make sure it was before

Archived