Ingham: Jamie Spears tried to sabotage Britney's wishes

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful. 

• Super Mods
22 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Your comment literally just made my night :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I've been thinking this too. I can't be the only practicing attorney on this site who's a huge Britney fan and takes an interest in her situation. Although, it is likely the more experienced lawyers are older and can't be bothered with what they perceive as some pop star from the aughts. :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: However, I can't believe there aren't more attorneys like me who are Britney stans and know enough about the law to comment. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of estate/probate law, but any attorney who has been practicing for more than a few years should at least know the ins and outs of the court system/pleadings/depositions, etc. Where y'all at?

Well...Britney had middle age men as fans back then...:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

but I feel like she’s a guilt pleasure for a lot of people so yeah there’s a reason they try to hold on to her assets because it is valuable.

• Love 1
Just now, Puppy said:

And that’s why it’s sad, I mean he’s a troubled man but he isn’t that ambitious. I mean just like Britney, he seems to live a simple life. I mean he clearly stated in FTR he don’t know a thing about her industry, of course people would swoop in and take advantage of it, why else would Larry suggest that she might as well make a complete album and go on tour. One thing lead to another and he is in deeper ****. Same with Lynne, she entrusted Fe to care for her daughter because she missed home and need to take care of JL. She wrote this in her book and it made me boil, your mom just abandons you because she can’t deal anymore even though your daughter needs your support yet you still would put your needs before your daughters own. I mean her parents just basically offered her to the industry and let them do whatever they want with her yet take no responsibility for the damage done to her.

Reading that just breaks my heart. Britney literally gave her family the WORLD and they treat her like this. Its all so sad. Money is truly the root of all evil. which is why I always say, i cannot imagine Britney wanting to return back to this industry, by choice.  Look what this industry has cost her. Her freedom, her family(doubt she'll ever trust them again), and time spent with her children. SMH

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, OutofKontrol said:

Reading that just breaks my heart. Britney literally gave her family the WORLD and they treat her like this. Its all so sad. Money is truly the root of all evil. which is why I always say, i cannot imagine Britney wanting to return back to this industry, by choice.  Look what this industry has cost her. Her freedom, her family(doubt she'll ever trust them again), and time spent with her children. SMH

Agree to an extent. I think it's very easy to be corrupted by this industry and the money and recognition that goes along with it. I just want Britney to return on her own terms. I genuinely think she loves performing, she knows she's good at it, and it fulfills her. However, I'm sure she's well aware that she's performing what people want her to in order to benefit people other than her and her sons. Maybe back in the day she didn't have a problem with it because she was young and naive, but it would be amazing to see her come back in the way that she wants, recording the music she wants and performing the way she wants. She has plenty of money and iconic accomplishments under her belt that she doesn't need to prove herself to anyone so I hope if she decides she wants to come back to the industry that she does it under her own autonomy. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

I agree. As much as I despise James for everything he's done and continues to do, we can think thoughts but not put them into words. How bad would someone feel if you wished something horrible on James only for that something horrible to come back and happen to a loved one of yours it would be tragic and you would blame yourself. Also, we're better than that. 

I don't feel angry towards James anymore, I feel pity. Maybe he does think he's doing the right thing by Britney even though 99% of us disagree with that. It really doesn't help that Britney doesn't speak about any of this so we're always hearing through her lawyers etc etc... I'd love to hear from Britney's own mouth what's been happening behind the scenes these past few years. 

THIS. COMMENT. IS. PERFECT. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

It's so easy to hate James but honestly we have no idea what his relationship is with Britney. We've seen glimpses, but at the end of the day, he is her father. I agree I don't think he is acting with malicious intent and while his actions may have saved Britney 12 years ago, they may be hurting her today. However, there are so many people in this situation aside from Britney and James that it is difficult to know who is acting with what intentions. Maybe Jamie has been taken advantage of by people just like Britney was, and maybe this is the reason she wants him gone.

In any event, it does no good to wish harm on Britney's father when she has never publicly come out and completely disavowed him. As you said, what if something happened to him and Britney reads comments from her fans wishing for something horrible to happen to her father? Say what you want about Lou, Larry, Adam (although I have a random friend of a friend personal connection to him that sounds way more interesting than it actually is), but Jamie is still her father, and as much as I would like to spew some negativity based on the skimming of the surface we have seen of his relationship with Britney, I have a hard time doing it without knowing the full story. If you're conflicted, do it for Britney rather than Jamie and let the truth come out on its own. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Your comment literally just made my night :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I've been thinking this too. I can't be the only practicing attorney on this site who's a huge Britney fan and takes an interest in her situation. Although, it is likely the more experienced lawyers are older and can't be bothered with what they perceive as some pop star from the aughts. :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: However, I can't believe there aren't more attorneys like me who are Britney stans and know enough about the law to comment. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of estate/probate law, but any attorney who has been practicing for more than a few years should at least know the ins and outs of the court system/pleadings/depositions, etc. Where y'all at?

We have you and @Slayer :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

But seriously I hope the four new lawyers atleast know the chorus to Baby or Oops:blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

We have you and @Slayer :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

But seriously I hope the four new lawyers atleast know the chorus to Baby or Oops:blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I knew I liked @Slayer but had no idea they (trying to be respectful since their profile did not identify their gender) were a fellow attorney!

Any lawyer who doesn't know the chorus to Baby or Oops should be sentenced to take the bar exam repeatedly until they know these choruses by heart. :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

THIS. COMMENT. IS. PERFECT. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

It's so easy to hate James but honestly we have no idea what his relationship is with Britney. We've seen glimpses, but at the end of the day, he is her father. I agree I don't think he is acting with malicious intent and while his actions may have saved Britney 12 years ago, they may be hurting her today. However, there are so many people in this situation aside from Britney and James that it is difficult to know who is acting with what intentions. Maybe Jamie has been taken advantage of by people just like Britney was, and maybe this is the reason she wants him gone.

In any event, it does no good to wish harm on Britney's father when she has never publicly come out and completely disavowed him. As you said, what if something happened to him and Britney reads comments from her fans wishing for something horrible to happen to her father? Say what you want about Lou, Larry, Adam (although I have a random friend of a friend personal connection to him that sounds way more interesting than it actually is), but Jamie is still her father, and as much as I would like to spew some negativity based on the skimming of the surface we have seen of his relationship with Britney, I have a hard time doing it without knowing the full story. If you're conflicted, do it for Britney rather than Jamie and let the truth come out on its own. 

Well, there is the alleged email at that time, where Lou was stalking Britney and she showed deep concern about Lou attempting to reach her mother, and Brit deeply shaded Jamie saying "I dont care about my drunk effing father" I know at times we say things we dont mean about parents, but that line....along with Britney attempting to fight Jamie not being her conservator at the start of this mess....says A LOT about how she really feels about Jamie. I dont think she wishes death on him, but i wouldn't be surprised at all, if she goes to the court for a restraining order against him once he's out the picture. 

• Love 3
Just now, OutofKontrol said:

Well, there is the alleged email at that time, where Lou was stalking Britney and she showed deep concern about Lou attempting to reach her mother, and Brit deeply shaded Jamie saying "I dont care about my drunk effing father" I know at times we say things we dont mean about parents, but that line....along with Britney attempting to fight Jamie not being her conservator at the start of this mess....says A LOT about how she really feels about Jamie. I dont think she wishes death on him, but i wouldn't be surprised at all, if she goes to the court for a restraining order against him once he out the picture. 

So that's actually kind of what I mean. First, I always take alleged emails and phone recordings with a grain of salt (authentication blah blah blah) but I do think this email shows that Britney was worried that Lou might have a corrupting effect on her family, who seemed to be on the sidelines while Britney was navigating the industry in her prime. It's one thing to say she doesn't care about her drunk effing father, and Jamie clearly has behaved horribly in the past, but I also don't necessarily think she's scared of him anymore in a way that she would need a restraining order. I think she just doesn't wanted to be treated like a little girl who needs to go through her elderly problematic daddy to make standard adult decisions. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

So that's actually kind of what I mean. First, I always take alleged emails and phone recordings with a grain of salt (authentication blah blah blah) but I do think this email shows that Britney was worried that Lou might have a corrupting effect on her family, who seemed to be on the sidelines while Britney was navigating the industry in her prime. It's one thing to say she doesn't care about her drunk effing father, and Jamie clearly has behaved horribly in the past, but I also don't necessarily think she's scared of him anymore in a way that she would need a restraining order. I think she just doesn't wanted to be treated like a little girl who needs to go through her elderly problematic daddy to make standard adult decisions. 

I dont think she's scared of him. I think she just wants nothing do with him. With all that he's done to her since a child till now, and then he abuses her own CHILD. The heart can only take so much, even if it is your own parent. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

I knew I liked @Slayer but had no idea they (trying to be respectful since their profile did not identify their gender) were a fellow attorney!

Any lawyer who doesn't know the chorus to Baby or Oops should be sentenced to take the bar exam repeatedly until they know these choruses by heart. 

HE. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Period. And you two should be part of Exhale's Legal Department. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

9 hours ago, MM0219 said:

I cannot believe he approached Bessemer Trust. Desperate times call for desperate measures. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Thankfully Bessemer Trust are a respectable firm and told Ingham. 

Bessemer literally manage the estates of Apple and Google. They may as well be the spokespeople for straight and narrow :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Jamie got 38 years of Karma built up boo, here comes the smasha :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

Hit you like a freight train :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
36 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I saw her perform Sometimes last night when I played my Live & More DVD on the background while I gave Barbie (and myself after) a bath. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Yeah but currentney will never or maybe once she’s free, she’ll finally do it as a thank you to us all :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: