BTS sells nearly a million tickets to their virtual concert

• Leader

BTS performed their two-day concert “Map of the Soul ON:E” over the weekend, and it reportedly drew in a crowd of 993,000 viewers through 191 countries/regions. 

It's unclear how much revenue they generated, but tickets ranged from $45-55 for a single day to $81-91 for a two-day pass. They also sold 4K resolution passes, which sold out ,Variety reports.

They're really unstoppable aren't they :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Exhale, did any of you attend this?! In your living room of course. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Related:

bts-tickets.jpg.6a2d03b9fe0829caceb651432fd313c1.jpg

12 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

BTS fans seriously going to ruin it for everyone. When people see they can generate this type of revenue virtually what is going to be their incentive to perform live? I would never buy a virtual concert ticket :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: and that’s from someone who goes to an average of ten concerts per year 

God, i dont want that to happen :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: Streaming has already ruined the market, now we dont need this :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

1 million is just the people that bought tickets. The number of viewers was actually a lot bigger:

• there were a lot of illegal streams of the concert (some garnered up to like a million viewers themselves)
  • there were definitely many people watching on the same screen / device

Also, I've seen fans talking about sharing tickets / accounts. I don't know how that works, but that also means that the number is actually bigger than reported. When it comes to actual viewers, it was probably closer to something like 2 or even 3 million. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block