Kylie Minogue is dealing with very nasty ageist comments

Spicechinodiva

Kylie Minogue announced Disco back in June. We only have three weeks til her long awaited return to the dance floor. 

Everything was fine until early September when little Mix announced Confetti, out the same day. This is actually a big thing in British music. The chart battle. Who Will get #1. 

Unfortunately Kylie is 52, and is a lot older than the girls of Little Mix.

To certain generations. 52 is too old and should retire none the less. She's even getting nasty comparisons to Madonna saying she's trying to be cool riding the current disco trend, which is obviously someone hasn't studied Kylie as most of her music can be seen as Disco, hello 2000's Light years (released 20 years ago, also 1990's Step back in Time, 30 years ago was disco before it became a trend) so why say she's trend hopping when she's been doing disco since her early beginning days. 

Anyway, lots of hate from Millennials and Generation Z In The comments of the official charts. 

Many have not forgotten that she legally stopped Kylie Jenner from being referred simply as Kylie. To those generations. Jenner is their Kylie, not Minogue. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're an aging society, so the stars of older generations should be much more appreciated. 
I hate ageism and I don't understand why so many people think you can live your best life only when you're young. It's unfair. 
50 is the new 30.
Kylie should be more respected, sorry but she achieved more than Little Mix.
And she looks better in her 50's than many 20 year olds. She's the queen. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Super Mods

Millennials, and especially Gen Z because they're younger, firmly believe they will never grow old for some reason, and get the taste of what it is being 50 and not 25. It's quite sad that we keep forgetting this and are convinced we will always stay young, fresh, and in full power :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

• Content Curators

this is why i appreciate the latin music market, even mark anthony said, they do not pay much attention to age, and fans are very loyal, which is why in the past decade after the success of waka waka, cant remember to forget you etc, shaki has leaned more towards the latin market, and is still outselling american popstars

i mean for a 40 year old to get a 2.5 billion view hit is impressive, and multiple other billion or near billion mvs from just one album release is crazy

typically i see more ageism in the english music market 

kylie is a queen tho so they need to shut up and stop getting riled up over there stan wars. 

Archived