Tom Parker from The Wanted diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor

Tom Parker, who's a member of the British boy band The Wanted (they've been on an indefinite hiatus since 2014 and spawned such hits as "All Time Low", "Glad You Came", "Chasing the Sun", "Walks Like Rihanna" and so on), has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor at the age of 32.

He has begun radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment in an attempt to prolong his life, but he has a grade 4 glioblastoma, which is literally the worst case scenario from what I can gather.

The median survival time with glioblastoma is 15 to 16 months in people who get surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatment. Median means half of all patients with this tumor survive to this length of time.

Everyone with glioblastoma is different. Some people don’t survive as long. Other people may survive up to five years or more, although it’s rare.

https://www.healthline.com/health/brain-tumor/glioblastoma

The article itself states that the average life expectancy for someone with a grade 4 glioblastoma is 3 to 18 months, which is horrible. There is literally no way to sugarcoat this. There is no silver lining. This is absolutely depressing, and to add salt to injury - he has a 15 month old daughter and a baby son on the way.

1_OK1259-EXCLUSIVE-TOM-PARKER-AND-FAMILY

Apparently, Tom had been experiencing seizures, which is what led him to see a doctor.

2_OK1259-EXCLUSIVE-TOM-PARKER-AND-FAMILY

Tom says that he's still confused and doesn't exactly know how to process it, but stories of other people continuing to live for another 10, 20 or even 30 years after having received terminal diagnoses are giving him hope.

I'd link the article containing the news and the interview, but I found it to be quite intrusive and disrespectful, so I'd rather not. My condolences go out to Tom and his family. They deserve the world, and I hope he pulls through.

parker.jpg.af633b33d10a62e0461b96e581847d9f.jpg

• Love 2
  • Content Curators

I read this on the tube, and I was really down today :(

I used to be such a big The Wanted fan until they disbanded :( I loved them and 1D so much back then. Wishing everyone health <3

The boys are also sending him lots of love, with 4 of them sending articles and info on how to deal with it to him and 2 of them visiting him and his wife.

• Love 2

This is absolutely devastating. Horrible, heartbreaking news. 
Life's unfair. The Wanted were a great pop band and I used to like them a lot. 

Getting to know that he's got basically only a year left to live, brought me to tears - especially since his wife is pregnant again and he's got a toddler. It somehow feels so unfair that I was able to listen to his band for years whilst his youngest child will probably never have the chance to meet him.

• Love 2

This is just so sad and unfortunate! The kids growing up without a dad, a proper family, and him having to accept this. Must be very heartbreaking! If it happens so, I wholeheartedly believe God will give him a chance to live again. I don't know much about the band but my condolences go out to all of them. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mainshow said:

This is absolutely devastating. Horrible, heartbreaking news. 
Life's unfair. The Wanted were a great pop band and I used to like them a lot. 

Getting to know that he's got basically only a year left to live, brought me to tears - especially since his wife is pregnant again and he's got a toddler. It somehow feels so unfair that I was able to listen to his band for years whilst his youngest child will probably never have the chance to meet him.

It's so sad. Atleast his kid will get to see him in interviews, music videos, etc. and see who his Dad was. Of course, it doesn't take away that he won't get to truly know him :( 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block