Charmed's Rose McGowan & Holly Marie Combs reunite and say the Charmed reboot 'sucks'

Slayer

• Super Mods
4 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Shannon implied on the Chelsea lately that some of her best friends abandoned her during cancer. HMC shut that down real quick tho. 

It was rumoured they fell out over politics as supposedly SD voted for Trump and Holly wasn’t having any of that. But I don’t know how true that is.

Whatever the case, it’s sad to see their  long standing friendship fall apart. 

Honestly, that was a very ****ty move of Shannen, given how HMC was there through the whole treatment. Youre right thought, it's sad to see their long and wonderful friendship come to an end. Either way, HMC and Rose are goals :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Honestly, that was a very ****ty move of Shannen, given how HMC was there through the whole treatment. Youre right thought, it's sad to see their long and wonderful friendship come to an end. Either way, HMC and Rose are goals :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

At least Sarah and Shannon are still going strong  :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

9th+Annual+American+Humane+Hero+Dog+Awar

• Love 3
4 hours ago, nwonder said:

For me, that was Buffy

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

I always tried to get into charmed  but it never clicked with me. 

Bruh u need to watch the first 4 seasons from the 1st episode with shannen doherty and the first season with rose.  And like one episode when with the monkeys 🙉🙈🐵 👈🏽 season 5 or something. when rose has red hair. Literally the best. 

iconic 4 actresses. Especially the seasons i mentioned above. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, helloitsme said:

Bruh u need to watch the first 4 seasons from the 1st episode with shannen doherty and the first season with rose.  And like one episode when with the monkeys 🙉🙈🐵 👈🏽 season 5 or something. when rose has red hair. Literally the best. 

iconic 4 actresses. Especially the seasons i mentioned above. 

Ha I might give it another go at some point.

I do remember enjoying S1 and the ep where Piper falls in love with a ninja sticks out for some reason 

:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

On 10/12/2020 at 11:22 AM, BUWYGF said:

What exactly was a ****ty move? Voting for what you believe in, a core principle of a democratic society? Imagine that people actually vote for policies and laws instead of how well liked a candidate is, or how some media portray them? The ****ty one is the person who abandons a long time friend due to political differences. Everyone else gets to define the Trump voter, without consideration for the actual person and their beliefs and true motivations. It's the usual: "You're ignorant!", "You don't see your <insert group>-privilege!", "You're a self-hating <insert identity>!", "Coon!" etc. A person who is truly hateful likely wouldn't deny it. More likely, it's you who don't understand their reasoning and motivation. Why is it that the people who claim to stand for tolerance and inclusion, so quickly dehumanize people who think different?

As a person who was raised quite far-left since childhood. Not to mention being gay, finding much support in the LGBT community while coming out. And also, what most gay people don't like to admit; conditioned to be more intolerant against some people. I was objectified by older gay men, treated as an accessory by straight females who just loved to have a walking stereotype gay-bestie ("OMG, you and me are like totally Will & Grace!", more or less actual quote from a "friend").

I was taught to hate the normal (normal as in statistically speaking), the family unit, heterosexual people, Christians etc. I remember at times being very ignorant to family and friends, but thought I was a good gay and they needed to be educated. But suddenly, almost over night I was problematic because I was just a gay man. I wasn't a woman, I wasn't trans nor was I non-binary. Worst of all, I was white so I shouldn't have an opinion about pretty much anything.

My worries about changing views about gay people in society, possibly as a result of a large influx of migrants in my area... These worries and thoughts were considered incredibly hateful. Homophobia in one instance was awful, but not in the other. I was the issue! I wasn't allowed to have concerns about the safety of myself or women. Rapes had always happened, they said! Fast-forward about 5 years. Recently, two male teens aged 16-17 were kidnapped, tortured, ***** (with sharp objects) and buried in a cemetery by migrants. This was unheard of just a decade ago.

People who vote for Trump probably already has had a massive internal conflict due to their previous beliefs. They've probably spent much time reflecting and agonizing over their change in ideology. Do you think people would choose to be subjected to hate and dehumanization because large parts of society hate your political beliefs? I wonder the same with people who think homosexuality is a choice. Nobody would choose either unless it's something you're born with or the beliefs are so convincing they're basically haunting you.

You can disagree with someone, you can feel pity for them because you think they're deluded or hateful. But please try to see the best in people, respect that they might have another opinion, that might NOT based on hatred or ignorance.

I adore both HMC and Shannen Doherty. If what you say is true, I think SHE is the ****ty person, not Shannen.

• Super Mods
15 minutes ago, floopy22 said:

What exactly was a ****ty move? Voting for what you believe in, a core principle of a democratic society? Imagine that people actually vote for policies and laws instead of how well liked a candidate is, or how some media portray them? The ****ty one is the person who abandons a long time friend due to political differences. Everyone else gets to define the Trump voter, without consideration for the actual person and their beliefs and true motivations. It's the usual: "You're ignorant!", "You don't see your <insert group>-privilege!", "You're a self-hating <insert identity>!", "Coon!" etc. A person who is truly hateful likely wouldn't deny it. More likely, it's you who don't understand their reasoning and motivation. Why is it that the people who claim to stand for tolerance and inclusion, so quickly dehumanize people who think different?

As a person who was raised quite far-left since childhood. Not to mention being gay, finding much support in the LGBT community while coming out. And also, what most gay people don't like to admit; conditioned to be more intolerant against some people. I was objectified by older gay men, treated as an accessory by straight females who just loved to have a walking stereotype gay-bestie ("OMG, you and me are like totally Will & Grace!", more or less actual quote from a "friend").

I was taught to hate the normal (normal as in statistically speaking), the family unit, heterosexual people, Christians etc. I remember at times being very ignorant to family and friends, but thought I was a good gay and they needed to be educated. But suddenly, almost over night I was problematic because I was just a gay man. I wasn't a woman, I wasn't trans nor was I non-binary. Worst of all, I was white so I shouldn't have an opinion about pretty much anything.

My worries about changing views about gay people in society, possibly as a result of a large influx of migrants in my area... These worries and thoughts were considered incredibly hateful. Homophobia in one instance was awful, but not in the other. I was the issue! I wasn't allowed to have concerns about the safety of myself or women. Rapes had always happened, they said! Fast-forward about 5 years. Recently, two male teens aged 16-17 were kidnapped, tortured, ***** (with sharp objects) and buried in a cemetery by migrants. This was unheard of just a decade ago.

People who vote for Trump probably already has had a massive internal conflict due to their previous beliefs. They've probably spent much time reflecting and agonizing over their change in ideology. Do you think people would choose to be subjected to hate and dehumanization because large parts of society hate your political beliefs? I wonder the same with people who think homosexuality is a choice. Nobody would choose either unless it's something you're born with or the beliefs are so convincing they're basically haunting you.

You can disagree with someone, you can feel pity for them because you think they're deluded or hateful. But please try to see the best in people, respect that they might have another opinion, that might NOT based on hatred or ignorance.

I adore both HMC and Shannen Doherty. If what you say is true, I think SHE is the ****ty person, not Shannen.

.... I was talking bout the fact Shannen said HMC wasnt there for her during cancer while she in fact was lol

3 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

.... I was talking bout the fact Shannen said HMC wasnt there for her during cancer while she in fact was lol

.... I was referring to HMC allegedly "not having any of that" due to Shannen supposedly voting for Trump and ending subsequently their friendship. I assumed voting for Trump was the "****ty move" you were referring to as that was what you quoted, lol.

The only good thing about the original Charmed was...the cast. Sorry but it's true. The show was formulaic, boring and aged very badly.

I watched the original for two reasons... It was fun, and the girls were hot. This reboot has neither of those things going for it. The girls have NO charisma whatsoever, and the show ain't fun. The show takes itself super seriously and kinda sounds like they went to the 'I spent literally all day on tumblr and twitter' school of progressive thought. A echo-chamber of militant affirmation that in no way reflects the real world.

It was so badly done that I was just laughing. I am completely all for a show about powerful women conquering ****, you don't have to throw cheesy lines about feminism, pro choice, **** men, etc. in our face every 30 seconds for us to appreciate some women being bad ***.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block