BLACKPINK'S Rosé and Lisa ready solo music

• Leader

Update: Rosé and Lisa are working on solo projects for 2021.

Their management issued this statement:

"Both Rosé and Lisa are currently carrying out the necessary steps for their solo music releases. It's true that there are plans for them to film MVs soon."

YGE continued, "Because Jisoo’s scheduled to film her debut drama series 'Snow Drop', [Lisa and Rosé] will release solo tracks first. We will release more specific details including time frames later on in an official announcement." 

:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

rose-lisa.jpg.3fe8a4edbeb25b123efa9b499ee78105.jpg

Earlier:

BLACKPINK just released their new record The Album, but band member Rosé is already setting her sights on solo stuff.

She told fans she's already recorded a few songs and that she hasn't selected a title for the solo album/EP. 

I was kind of surprised how candid she was about releasing solo material. Is this the beginning of the end for BP? Thoughts?! 

Related:

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

These girls are never satisfied sharing the spotlight :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: maybe it’s time to stan Little Mix. They’re the only ones I’ve seen that are satisfied sharing the spotlight :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

Having solos is literally normal in K-pop, it doesn't mean the group is breaking up. All the members are getting a solo, and they will keep working on the group projects.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Bookmark me when they disband in a couple of years :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

That could be said about any K-Pop group, though. Boy groups don't tend to last too long because men must serve in the military by the time they're 28, whereas girl groups don't tend to last long because of ageism. 7 years is the typical shelf life - that's when groups either disband or become less active. Solo or subunit (subgroup consisting of a select few members) activity is very normal around the 4 / 5 / 6 year mark in K-Pop.

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

These girls are never satisfied sharing the spotlight :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: maybe it’s time to stan Little Mix. They’re the only ones I’ve seen that are satisfied sharing the spotlight :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

Not really, I mean its a custom that ladies from girl groups release solo stuff, it's a way to keep the hype for the group alive while its on hiatus. Park bom released 2 (+ 3 features with G Dragon and TOP from Big Bang) singles during 2ne1, CL released 3, and Sandara Park released 1. All of the singles were #1 in the Korean charts. 2NE1 continued successfully working until YG can'tertainment disbanded them :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

1 minute ago, BUWYGF said:

Not really, I mean its a custom that ladies from girl groups release solo stuff, it's a way to keep the hype for the group alive while its on hiatus. Park bom released 2 (+ 3 features with G Dragon and TOP from Big Bang) singles during 2ne1, CL released 3, and Sandara Park released 1. All of the singles were #1 in the Korean charts. 2NE1 continued successfully working until YG can'tertainment disbanded them :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

I thought they said they disbanded because of Park Bom’s **** issues

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block