Avril Lavigne follows Dr. Luke on Instagram

• Leader

Avril Lavigne just followed Dr. Luke on Instagram, and fans are not thrilled about it.

Avril came to Kesha's defense in the past regarding the lawsuit against, so it's curious why she has any connection with him now. 

Fans are worried they're working together on new music. They previously collaborated together, including "Hot."

Thoughts?

avril-luke.jpg.5a8a3e00fccfc7947668411e93e6b5a2.jpg

Here comes her smasha! 

Doesn't Doja Cat work with him and Kim Petras. Why aren't people outraged with them?

It's a tricky situation because by legalities, he's been proven innocent, but a lot of r*pe cases get dismissed. So do you work with a very talented producer who was proven innocent of a horrendous crime? Or do believe the alleged victim and stand in solidarity by boycotting his services? 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jalpha said:

Anyone else find it odd that no one else came forward about ****** assault allegations?

There is a difference between someone just being an ***hole vs predator.

just saying big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark

I know Kelly Clarkson has come forward to say that he’s awful person and a bully but nothing regarding ****** misconduct.

Seriously... Are we gonna cancel anybody just based on who they follow online or whose post they like? Yesterday, it was Sam Asghari, and now, Avril Lavigne? By the way, just following somebody is not automatically an endorsement of that person or everything they advocate, etc.

Many people follow Trump, Obama, Sanders and Hillary Clinton but do not endorse all of them at once! They may follow some of them just to check their posts, know what they're up to. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

Here comes her smasha! 

Doesn't Doja Cat work with him and Kim Petras. Why aren't people outraged with them?

It's a tricky situation because by legalities, he's been proven innocent, but a lot of r*pe cases get dismissed. So do you work with a very talented producer who was proven innocent of a horrendous crime? Or do believe the alleged victim and stand in solidarity by boycotting his services? 

Each case is different, but in this case, it's a "he said, she said" scenario. I believe Dr. Luke is innocent until proven guilty, but I'm not saying Kesha lied! It's an (unproven) allegation.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I low key would love it if they worked together again cause I feel like they had good chemistry and created some of her best songs.

the best damn thing was the best damn thing.

and avril deserves a bit of relevance in these troubled times 

avril lavigne ardys GIF by Radio Disney

• Love 1

Dr. Luke was never proven guilty of anything and Kesha lied in court.

It's always been a complicated situation because I do believe Luke is an absolute jerk, but I do think the ****** abuse allegations are lies because there isn't anything to substantiate it.

Kesha has also proven that she isn't reliable.

There's a reason other artists haven't spoken up and the ones who have just say he's a jerk.

I still think that her mother, Pebe, told Kesha to lie so she could get out of her contract.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

He is a very talented musician & he is by all accounts innocent. If we start believing and ending people's careers based on what are deemed false allegations where do we draw the line?

The real struggle is IF artists want to work with him & be associated with his tarnished reputation and also if the audience accepts his work and how his material performs. I wonder what the difference is between Luke and someone like Kobe Bryant or Usher. Kobe Bryant is remembered extremely fondly and Usher is starting a Vegas residency next year. 

We also must consider what Ke$ha's MO might be. A struggling starlet trying to cling to relevancy? A victim of abuse? A disgruntled business partner? 

All in all we don't know the truth but you're innocent till proven guilty. What if someone was accusing you?

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block